No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasco, North Port, Polk and Charlotte County are the least expensive because they are not beach towns. If I was moving down, looking for less expensive housing and was going to do a lot of travel, I might look at Charlotte County. Allegiant Air has a hub in Punta Gorda and you can get to Ft. Myers easily for other cities.
    “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

• Anyone have any thoughts on The Watchman Procedure?
      "To Serve Man" It's a Cookbook!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdhebner View Post
        Anyone have any thoughts on The Watchman Procedure?
        my dad had it done at 91 and never had a problem with it clotting and did not need any blood thinners. This procedure is for certain types at clotting due to A Fib, not anything ne size fits all fix.
        I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flycoon View Post

my dad had it done at 91 and never had a problem with it clotting and did not need any blood thinners. This procedure is for certain types at clotting due to A Fib, not anything ne size fits all fix.
          My brother has non-valvular afib. Hes got an appointment with cardiologist.

thanks fly.

Comment

My brother has non-valvular afib. Hes got an appointment with cardiologist.

thanks fly.
            My Dad was the perfect example of Medicare spending in the last few years of life. TAVR, pacemaker, several stents with a cardiac cath, and Watchman. All after age 89. Then COVID got him.

My BP spiked to 182/114 coincidentally on the morning of my semi-annual visit to my cardiologist which precipitated a stress test and a cardiac cath; nothing but normal calcification for a 65 yo. And now I've moved on to cataract surgery, it will be a wonderful thing to see the golf ball off the club face and have night vision again. Yay, Medicare!

Who knew?

Comment

• Good on ya! Happy to hear you are coming into better and better health.
              “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                Good on ya! Happy to hear you are coming into better and better health.
                He probably got another 15 yards on his drives too...
                "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckhead View Post

He probably got another 15 yards on his drives too...
                  Now I'll have no excuse when I hit it 185 off the tee but am able to find it. So far only my bad eye (no central vision) has been done. Only noticeable difference is whittes are whiter and most everything is brighter. I'll always wear polycarbonate glasses to protect my fully functional eye.

Who knew?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                    Good on ya! Happy to hear you are coming into better and better health.
                    This is the summer of taking care of stuff. Dealing with a nephrologist on BP is tedious; they are constantly balancing meds attempting to find the combo that works to lower BP. Had an adrenal gland removed in 2006 that addressed the problem then but this is not caused by hormonal imbalance. Just a mystery. BP jumped from 130/70 to 182/114 overnight.

Who knew?

Comment

• What a fucking week. They fired a high grade chemist (career conditional so it was 'easier') for sexual harassment and other bad behavior. Even the victims feel like shit, I feel like shit, and there is a rumor that a higher level manager was delaying the process in an attempt to cross over the tenured threshold (fucking february) because said person brought in a lot of funding.
                      On top of that I have filed an informal EEO complaint; my friend and coworker is being retaliated against because he refused to join the LDS church.
                      Fucking shit show.
                      Other than that work is great.

Comment

On top of that I have filed an informal EEO complaint; my friend and coworker is being retaliated against because he refused to join the LDS church.
                        I thought you were a scientist? What the fuck business does anything related to the LDS church have being within a light year of your gig?

Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

• Originally posted by dannybolt View Post
                          I thought you were a scientist? What the fuck business does anything related to the LDS church have being within a light year of your gig?
                          Yes, I am. However the "Mormon Mafia" is very strong in some areas here.

Comment

• Anyone here have a contact with a social service or private service that assists with placement of Seniors with dementia into either a memory care unit or nursing home that accepts Medicaid when their savings are gone? My 90 yo Mother In Law is in an ALF; in the three months she has been there she has declined rapidly. My wife is on her way there now as her mom is packing and is saying she is moving out. Turning into a runner.

She is:

profoundly deaf and unable to effectively communicate
                            can't tell time
                            no clue what day it is
                            telephone and television are a mystery
                            sundowning all day long

We moved her to the ALF three months ago; she did not want to live in our home anymore. She'd like to move back here and the answer isn't just no, it's FUCK NO. She has mean, nasty dementia. Enough saved to fund 12-24 months depending on price; she saved all of her SS while living here with us.

Any input is appreciated.

Who knew?

Comment

• My 1st, Cayden Nicholas Schmitz born 10-10-21

If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X