COVID Vaccination Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post

No, I think people like you and me who were good, smart boys and handled or avoided debt should get a cookie or a pat on the head, maybe a tussle of the hair and an “Attaboy!”

Being relatively debt free is it’s own reward. You know that. We deserve to be proud. But I don’t need to pull the ladder up from others who could use the help. That’s pride fuckin with you. Fuck pride. Pride only hurts. It never helps.

Pulp Fiction quotes aside, debt forgiveness is like rocket fuel for the economy. Your accomplishments may not be acknowledged, but you will benefit, I promise.

When Biden took office, Bernie and other senators went to discuss the COVID rescue plan and persuaded the administration to give most Americans direct payments, even middle class folk who didn’t need it to survive. They urged him to “go big” and now they’re pushing the same on debt. It’s the same principle as UBI – government’s role is to help its people when they need it. You don’t need debt forgiveness. Congratulations.* Seriously. You did great. 🍪

* Sorry for my tone. It’s just how I come across on a message board sometimes.
    Bolthed, I appreciate the positive spin you are trying for, but I think you are out of touch with my pov if you think it has anything to do with pride or something to gloat about. Managing debt is a matter of survival, and if you've ever lived in poverty you'd know that. You'd have literal PTSD when spending money that you do not have and did not absolutely need to spend, and wouldn't be able to relate either.

My stance on student debt isn't because I think we should screw over people who made unwise choices, I am just a realist who knows we don't live in a utopian society where we can have all of the things. So, since I know that we have to triage which social dilemmas should be tackled first, student debt forgiveness where people actually were given a choice to take on massive debt is further down my list. There are many, many, many Americans who aren't students that could also use a bail out just as badly if not worse. Medical debt, housing debt, vehicle debt, are these any less important? With UBI we don't have to choose.
    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• Take/move this pissing contest to the relevant discussion please
      "To Serve Man" It's a Cookbook!

Comment

• “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• A preemptive and conditional Fuck You to Facebook and Marc Zuckerberg for either pro disease malfeasance and/or incompetence.

and a big THANK YOU to Dr Raven Baxter for an innovative way of shutting down pro disease bullshit.
          Last edited by jdhebner; 09-17-2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• My buddy's son is a pediatric urologist in Spokane. His children/patient's surgeries are generally not elective. Right now, he can't do any surgeries because the dumbass, unvax'd Idahoans are flooding and taking up his hospitals' beds. Just another specific example of the totally unnecessary burden and effects on our public health system by stupid, "freedom loving" citizens.
            "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckhead View Post
              My buddy's son is a pediatric urologist in Spokane. His children/patient's surgeries are generally not elective. Right now, he can't do any surgeries because the dumbass, unvax'd Idahoans are flooding and taking up his hospitals' beds. Just another specific example of the totally unnecessary burden and effects on our public health system by stupid, "freedom loving" citizens.
              My daughter (Ortho PA) works at a local HCA hospital. They had announced that elective surgeries would be on hold for 8-12 weeks;, that wnas rescinded when local MDs had a hissy fit and they are business as usual. COVID patients mixed in with med/surg patients. These MDs , around 40-45, have waterfront homes, vacation homes, boats, planes and several cars to support. You know what factor won the argument.....
              I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdhebner View Post
                A preemptive and conditional Fuck You to Facebook and Marc Zuckerberg for either pro disease malfeasance and/or incompetence.

and a big THANK YOU to Dr Raven Baxter for an innovative way of shutting down pro disease bullshit.
                great non-denial and ad hominem attack Zuckerberg. I see through your bullshit statements. Show the internal documents that rebut the claims. Fuck your pro disease bullshit. The petard is coming for you

Comment

• He didn't do himself any favors with the "oh yeah?" statement. His tangled web of "metrics" are knowable and actionable.
                  "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• God. Clapton. Again. Fuck fuck you, fuck fuck you, fuck fuck you......FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Colin Powell passes from COVID despite being vaccinated. The demonstrates exactly why healthy folks should get vaccinated. sigh..

Comment

• He was suffering from another condition that compromises immune response so he was especially vulnerable.

Comment

Colin Powell passes from COVID despite being vaccinated. The demonstrates exactly why healthy folks should get vaccinated. sigh..
                          So how would you like to be the person that infected him??? 95% probability it was an unvax person.

Comment

• It took anti-vaxxers and rw media all of a few minutes to jump on this story
                            “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckhead View Post

So how would you like to be the person that infected him??? 95% probability it was an unvax person.
                              I wouldn’t because I have what passes for a soul. Eric Clapton would blame big pharma and the immigrants

Comment

I wouldn’t because I have what passes for a soul. Eric Clapton would blame big pharma and the immigrants
                                Eric Clapton has sunk below Ted Nugent. Two shitstains but Clapton is the Skyline shitstain.
                                I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

Working...
                                X