COVID Vaccination Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Especially in my backwoods county, not a chance
    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• I did not think we would see mandatory vaccinations, but here we are on the verge of it.
      If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
        I did not think we would see mandatory vaccinations, but here we are on the verge of it.
        Ironically it’s the pro disease folks we have to “thank”. If they had at spent this same time encouraging instead of attempting to murder by depraved indifference we wouldn’t need the mandate.

I am a 30+ year civil servant and I have to disclose my financial information, my personal information, my foreign contacts, to the DOD. I also undergo background checks every 3-7 years. Also when I drive on base I waive the right to a probable cause search. I have no sympathy for other civil servants claiming some “it’s my right” bullshit when it comes to vaccine mandates.

I am deeply troubled by the possible “religious exemption” Many religious exemptions are thinly veiled excuses for being an asshole.

oh and fuck you eric Clapton and RFK junior

"To Serve Man" It's a Cookbook!

Comment

• With 75%+ of people 18 or older having at least one shot, I am surprised this is something we have to do. 25% of people are assholes, but the residual results of that are much more profound than I would have thought with the nation being so close to having this under control. It's the younger folks who are the ones spreading it right now

Comment

• With cases finally starting to cool off in Florida I hope this takes care of itself. But every time some huge spike happens and we think we might have gotten to herd immunity the hard way it comes back to bite us again somehow. I really hope this is the last big wave though whether because Delta is so efficient or because of mandates. Enough already for our poor healthcare workers. I also don't want to have to wonder if there will be a bed for me if I get a car accident or something. This is ridiculous.

Comment

With 75%+ of people 18 or older having at least one shot, I am surprised this is something we have to do. 25% of people are assholes, but the residual results of that are much more profound than I would have thought with the nation being so close to having this under control. It's the younger folks who are the ones spreading it right now
              The young folks would not spread if we had high enough full vaccination rates 4 months ago

Comment

• Originally posted by jdhebner View Post
                The young folks would not spread if we had high enough full vaccination rates 4 months ago
                This.

Further, under 18 are in pediatric hospitals as far as I understand (maybe not rural areas though). My understanding is that the ICUs being overrun and the second wave of deaths are due mostly to nonvaxxed adults in the 30s-50s range. The problem isn't the young spreading the virus (who can't vaccinated even if they wanted to), it's the unvaxxed adults.
                Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

With 75%+ of people 18 or older having at least one shot, I am surprised this is something we have to do. 25% of people are assholes, but the residual results of that are much more profound than I would have thought with the nation being so close to having this under control. It's the younger folks who are the ones spreading it right now
                  As long as you are saying young people are under 50. Your number drops to about 65% under 50, and 62% under 40.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdhebner View Post
                    Originally posted by dannybolt View Post

This.

Further, under 18 are in pediatric hospitals as far as I understand (maybe not rural areas though). My understanding is that the ICUs being overrun and the second wave of deaths are due mostly to nonvaxxed adults in the 30s-50s range. The problem isn't the young spreading the virus (who can't vaccinated even if they wanted to), it's the unvaxxed adults.

I disagree. 100% of adults could be fully vaccinated and covid would still be spreading like wild fire amongst the youth. It would stop the hospitalization crisis because those are 99% unvaxxed adults, but I'm just speaking to why the spread is getting crazy right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by BurnTHalO View Post

As long as you are saying young people are under 50. Your number drops to about 65% under 50, and 62% under 40.
                      Right, I figured it was something like that. As a non-microbiologist, I am still surprised to see it spread so hard and fast with those #'s and an untold number of people who have immunity from a past infection. I guess I am the only one who thought we were almost out of the woods

Comment

I disagree. 100% of adults could be fully vaccinated and covid would still be spreading like wild fire amongst the youth. It would stop the hospitalization crisis because those are 99% unvaxxed adults, but I'm just speaking to why the spread is getting crazy right now.
                        Incorrect. With all adults vaccinated, the virus and it’s deadly mutations —the ones right now affecting young and old alike and spreading so easily would have either not existed or died out sooner. Also peer reviewed science indicates that the resistance to at least the delta variant is higher with vaccinated versus infected.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/0...-an-infection/

Comment

For what its worth, experts would disagree. 18+ make up 77% of this country. This of course doesn't include 13-18 year olds. Experts say we need 70% to achieve herd immunity. We are right now around 53% fully vaccinated.

Also, is it proven that you don't get it again if you've had it? I personally know 2 people who have tested positive and become sick (not hospitalization sick) multiple times, but I admittedly don't know if they are outliers or if the chances aren't nearly as decreased as people think.

Comment

For what its worth, experts would disagree. 18+ make up 77% of this country. This of course doesn't include 13-18 year olds. Experts say we need 70% to achieve herd immunity. We are right now around 53% fully vaccinated.

Also, is it proven that you don't get it again if you've had it? I personally know 2 people who have tested positive and become sick (not hospitalization sick) multiple times, but I admittedly don't know if they are outliers or if the chances aren't nearly as decreased as people think.
                            It is my understanding that you can still spread it whether you are vaccinated or have had it before, if that is what you mean. We had to cancel our baby shower tomorrow because my extended family who all got sick back in February, tested positive again. My nephew brought it home, thankfully they are asymptomatic, so IDK if you can get bad symptoms again. I got the vaccine but my doctor advised that my wife should get vaccinated too since I could bring it home to her.

My classroom has been about half full since the start of the year, which is going on 5 weeks, due to delta. My last class today had 9 out of 27 students show up, and my co-teachers are experiencing the same thing. I don't think most realize just how badly Delta is spreading through the youth demographic, the contact tracing is a nightmare and pretty much useless.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz

It is my understanding that you can still spread it whether you are vaccinated or have had it before, if that is what you mean. We had to cancel our baby shower tomorrow because my extended family who all got sick back in February, tested positive again. My nephew brought it home, thankfully they are asymptomatic. I got the vaccine but my doctor advised that my wife should get vaccinated too since I could bring it home to her.

My classroom has been about half full since the start of the year, which is going on 5 weeks, due to delta. My last class today had 9 out of 27 students show up, and my co-teachers are experiencing the same thing. I don't think most realize just how badly Delta is spreading through the youth demographic, the contact tracing is a nightmare.
                              It's spreading through them now but it didn't suddenly happen. This is a culmination of the morons from the past 4 months simply not caring about kids. If everyone vaccinated back in may, you will have a tough time convincing me the delta variant would have spread as it has. Sure you can get it and spread it when vaccinated, but it's not nearly as likely (or at least wasnt). Of course the other aspect of it is we opened everything back up way too quickly as well.

Comment

It's spreading through them now but it didn't suddenly happen. This is a culmination of the morons from the past 4 months simply not caring about kids. If everyone vaccinated back in may, you will have a tough time convincing me the delta variant would have spread as it has. Sure you can get it and spread it when vaccinated, but it's not nearly as likely (or at least wasnt). Of course the other aspect of it is we opened everything back up way too quickly as well.
                                If everyone was vaccinated, the spread would be reduced. Hard for me to argue that one

Comment

Working...
                                X