No announcement yet.

News of the Day III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are 57,000 votes to be counted from the Clark County drop boxes, which are likely to break to Masto 2:1. Mail ballots continue to arrive and the first batch tallied tonight broke by more than 2:1 to Masto. And there's also a solid amount of mail to be counted as it comes in to Washoe. Plus your typical absentees and provisionals which are not inconsequential in large urban areas.

Based on party registration, it's clear non-affiliated (Independent) voters in Nevada are breaking for Democrats. Exit polls indicated Indies broke for Democrats in PA, GA, and AZ too.

As of right now, Laxalt's lead is down to less than 18,000. If the drop boxes break 2:1 to Masto, they're enough to erase Laxalt's advantage on their own.

S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

• Heard today in the line at Publix:

Guy A: "Huh, doesn't look like you have many papers."
      Employee A: "No, they don't bring us many anymore."
      Employee B: "I don't think they brought us any today."
      Guy B: "You'd think they'd bring a bunch since people want to find out what happened last night."
      Guy A: "Nothing happened last night."
      Guy B: "Yeah, just a bunch of fraud."

S T F U

Comment

• Originally posted by the_narrow_way View Post
        Heard today in the line at Publix:

Guy A: "Huh, doesn't look like you have many papers."
        Employee A: "No, they don't bring us many anymore."
        Employee B: "I don't think they brought us any today."
        Guy B: "You'd think they'd bring a bunch since people want to find out what happened last night."
        Guy A: "Nothing happened last night."
        Guy B: "Yeah, just a bunch of fraud."

S T F U
        Hilarious. A and B are desantis fans and they are totally clueless how those comments relate to the results. Dissonance and hypocrisy have no meaning to these dumbasses. (B asks about having a paper—to read about the “fraud” that his guy rolled to a big victory?)
        "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• Outstanding. Thank you culinary workers and the late Mr. Reid

We have some “deniers” on local ballots here in Reno, as well as in statewide races: Marchand, Fiore, Chatah need to be thoroughly hoovered. Onward and upward.
          "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• #MAGAGA

Comment

• Reminder that DeSanctimonious stole 4 seats in the US house with his illegally redrawn map. Apparently the same thing happened in Ohio and other states.

Heres to all of the dumbass Republican reps like Ana Paulina Lunatic, who will doubtlessly embarrass themselves with the extra attention given to their very shitty ideas.

Oh, and please, Republicans, please make Prick Scott your Senate minority leader. He already had a big hand in losing several senate seats (and possibly embezzled from their coffers … what did they expect?), but he’s just so out of touch and unlikeable (not that Mr. Turtle is any different) that it would be fun to watch that party of lovely people eat itself.
              “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Shout out to states like Michigan who had non-partisan districts drawn.

Then you've got states where the R judges and legislatures determined that even though lower courts determined the districts were drawn unfairly that it's too bad and they have to stay anyway.

The political map would be much more blue if fairness and legality was upheld.

Comment

• Michigan flipped BOTH their state houses, AND re-elected their non-ED governor. Good on the mitten.

Comment

• Any of ya'll still fearful over Trump after the midterms? The husk of Joe Biden beat him before he proved beyond a shadow of a doubt to be a traitor anarchist, this time around Trump would be a catalyst to the largest blue wave in recent memory.

DeSantis is the one to worry about, hope for some friendly fire in the primary from Trump like he did JBush
                    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• That’s the thing, the media can’t help themselves from covering the circus. DeSantis has proven that he can be a ringleader too, so everyone seems to be gearing up for a three-ring shitshow. DeSantis would have to be very disciplined not to take the cheese, and Trump knows this game better than anyone. It will be hard for even casual observers to ignore.

Right now, all of the olds that I overhear talking politics are on board the narrative that Trump is bad for the party. But he won’t go away, and the Dems seem determined not to prosecute (a terrible strategy because it makes all politicians look bad). So it might be an R showdown or it might just be guerrilla warfare by MAGAGAGGAA. But make no mistake, DeSantis isn’t actually a good politician. He doesn’t have actual policy ideas. He’s a culture war agitator and a bully. Republicans love that and they love him because he’s Trump without the baggage (give him time, though). The “establishment,” if there still is one, just wants to portray him as one of them. And, like Trump, he would provide distractions while they ram through their horrifically cynical agenda, which is bad for everyone who isn’t a rich, white male.

Sure, Dems want to let that joke of a party eat itself. But they would be dumb to continue propping themselves up with “fear of Republicans doing ______” as their sole message. Dems need a cohesive agenda and a way to consistently put it in front of the American people in a clear and concise way, like Tik Tok. 😂
                      “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• DeSantis has three problems he can’t easily overcome. Short. Fat. Personality and charisma of a turnip.

In all seriousness, short is a problem. Since television no candidate less than 5’10 has won.
                        I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
                          Any of ya'll still fearful over Trump after the midterms?
                          I'm not concerned about Trump himself, but the mass of deplorables he brought out of the shadows and emboldened. Trump was a spark and the fire is already burning.

Comment

Working...
                          X