Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News of the Day III

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
    Joe Biden: Promises made, promises kept. I know you hate to see actual governance, especially by Democrats, but he's been very effective at settling things down after the shitshow the former guy left behind.

    It is heartening to know you aren’t a crazy person, WW. Since you break with your maga brethren on politicians being above the law, may I assume you also believe the 2020 election was fair and legitimate? How about J6? Have you watched any of the hearings?

    What if a few of us could rebuild this board through healthy, civil communication, huh?

    As far as I know it was a fair election.

    And those that broke the law on 1/6 should have their day in court and if convicted so be it. I have not watched any of the hearings. I prefer to watch cartoons instead. Much healthier for the mind.

    Joe Biden has been, well Joe Biden. The Afgan pull out was a disaster. He claims the economy is great. I do not agree. I do not agree with packing the court. I also do not agree with ending the filibuster.

    I do not agree with ending Roe. But I do not feel that you can have an abortion at anytime.

    I do not agree with MAGA ultra right wingers, just i do not agree with ANTIFA and BLM.

    I do not agree that one should call someone a fascist just because they do not agree with you.

    I also think Joe Biden is awful and he is not the one calling the shots.

    Trump should be investigated just like I felt HRC and Hunter Biden should be investigated.

    Comment


    • Investigate Hunter Biden for what? He’s a private citizen. Has he benefited from having a famous, powerful father? Clearly he has. But I don’t remember his dad giving him a job in our government like the criminal conman who previously lived there.

      I promise not to call you a fascist unless you propose, condone or espouse fascist policies and behaviors by OUR government that is supposed to represent all Americans.

      Couple things to correct: it was the Trump admin that engaged in court packing, which was McConnell’s plan dating back to his Garland injustice. And it was also McConnell who nuked the filibuster first when he carved out the Gorsuch confirmation in 2017. Some Republicans seem to throw hissy fits whenever they worry that Dems are gonna do the same things Republicans have already done.

      Curious why you wouldn’t want to be informed about by the J6 hearings. I mean, almost every witness is a Republican. Are they all performing political theater? Are NONE of them credible? If it turns out J6 was carefully planned and executed with intimate involvement by the former president who aimed to stay in office illegally (yes, that’s a coup d’etat), shouldn’t all Americans be well informed?

      I’m also curious which cartoon character your prefer — Trump or DeSantis?
      “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
        Investigate Hunter Biden for what? He’s a private citizen. Has he benefited from having a famous, powerful father? Clearly he has. But I don’t remember his dad giving him a job in our government like the criminal conma​n who previously lived there.

        I promise not to call you a fascist unless you propose, condone or espouse fascist policies and behaviors by OUR government that is supposed to represent all Americans.

        Couple things to correct: it was the Trump admin that engaged in court packing, which was McConnell’s plan dating back to his Garland injustice. And it was also McConnell who nuked the filibuster first when he carved out the Gorsuch confirmation in 2017. Some Republicans seem to throw hissy fits whenever they worry that Dems are gonna do the same things Republicans have already done.

        Curious why you wouldn’t want to be informed about by the J6 hearings. I mean, almost every witness is a Republican. Are they all performing political theater? Are NONE of them credible? If it turns out J6 was carefully planned and executed with intimate involvement by the former president who aimed to stay in office illegally (yes, that’s a coup d’etat), shouldn’t all Americans be well informed?

        I’m also curious which cartoon character your prefer — Trump or DeSantis?
        So you have no problem with what Hunter Biden has been doing?

        As to the court packing, even CNN says it was Harry Reid who opened this door in 2013. Reid was able to bypass the filibuster for federal court judges. He was warned that he was opening up a terrible precedent. Then yes, McConnel took advantage what Reid did and lowered the threshold for the SCOTUS.

        If Reid had not touched the fillibuuster McConnel more than likely would not had been able to change if for the SCOTUS. This move by Harry Reid was one of the worst moves ever.


        As far as cartoons I prefer the old Warner Brothers.





        https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/04/polit...ter/index.html
        Last edited by WaiverWire; 09-19-2022, 08:13 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WaiverWire View Post
          He was warned that he was opening up a terrible president.
          I agree, Trump was a terrible president.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by WaiverWire View Post

            So you have no problem with what Hunter Biden has been doing?

            As to the court packing, even CNN says it was Harry Reid who opened this door in 2013. Reid was able to bypass the filibuster for federal court judges. He was warned that he was opening up a terrible president. Then yes, McConnel took advantage what Reid did and lowered the threshold for the SCOTUS.

            If Reid had not touched the fillibuuster McConnel more than likely would not had been able to change if for the SCOTUS. This move by Harry Reid was one of the worst moves ever.


            As far as cartoons I prefer the old Warner Brothers.





            https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/04/polit...ter/index.html
            Hunter Biden . last I heard, is still under investigation. Tax issues? If he's indicted, have a trial and we'll all live with the outcome. Interesting that you don't respond to the several other items Bolt raises.
            "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

            Comment


            • Here's something we all knew, intuitively, but it's scope has indeed been under reported.

              https://buckscountybeacon.com/2022/0...K1fKQP8s3SG8uw
              "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

              Comment


              • The National media is a joke, you can’t tune into a station without being preached to. Local media is the last bastion of good journalism
                If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Puckhead View Post
                  Here's something we all knew, intuitively, but it's scope has indeed been under reported. https://buckscountybeacon.com/2022/0...K1fKQP8s3SG8uw
                  It's some scary shit to be sure and it's being mostly ignored.

                  Comment


                  • Hunter Biden lollllz

                    Dudebro has been under investigation since 2018. And where are the indictments, Waivey?

                    https://t.co/t123fvTgNU

                    Serious question: Does it set off any self reflection to see Republicans get their collective panties in a collective wad over Hunter Biden, who holds no government office, when the last president’s daughter and son-in-law held prominent positions in our government and clearly used their station to line their pockets? I’m thinking about the patents Ivanka got in China and the $2 billion Jared got from the Saudis. But please do go on about Hunter. I’m sure his misdeeds are quite equal to, I dunno, sell our most sensitive secrets.

                    ps - you do realize you compared Reid pushing through federal court to what McConnell did with SCOTUS is way out of proportion, right? It’s hard to believe rational people would whine about breaking a senate norm when it was in response to another norm being broken. McConnell was the one who began the destruction of the norms when he blocked everything the Obama administration attempted. He made it clear what he was doing. He said it. The candidates put forth were centrists, but they could’ve been Republicans and still have been blocked because of who nominated them. As I recall it was more than a hundred appointments McConnell held up. He’s been a flag bearer for the division that plagues this country, but he’s such a shameless ghoul that he still cries whenever anyone wields power the way he has.
                    “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

                    Comment


                    • If Hunter broke any laws then he deserves to be charged, easy-peasy decision. Did he benefit from his family name, absolutely, and that's business as usual with big names of any field. Let's not forget that he's been through some sever traumas in his life that probably contributed to his fall into chemical dependency. It's not a free pass, but some empathy should be considered.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by the_narrow_way View Post
                        I agree, Trump was a terrible president.

                        HAHAHAHAHAHA...........fixed

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Puckhead View Post

                          Hunter Biden . last I heard, is still under investigation. Tax issues? If he's indicted, have a trial and we'll all live with the outcome. Interesting that you don't respond to the several other items Bolt raises.
                          What did I not respond to?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                            Hunter Biden lollllz

                            Dudebro has been under investigation since 2018. And where are the indictments, Waivey?

                            https://t.co/t123fvTgNU

                            Serious question: Does it set off any self reflection to see Republicans get their collective panties in a collective wad over Hunter Biden, who holds no government office, when the last president’s daughter and son-in-law held prominent positions in our government and clearly used their station to line their pockets? I’m thinking about the patents Ivanka got in China and the $2 billion Jared got from the Saudis. But please do go on about Hunter. I’m sure his misdeeds are quite equal to, I dunno, sell our most sensitive secrets.

                            ps - you do realize you compared Reid pushing through federal court to what McConnell did with SCOTUS is way out of proportion, right? It’s hard to believe rational people would whine about breaking a senate norm when it was in response to another norm being broken. McConnell was the one who began the destruction of the norms when he blocked everything the Obama administration attempted. He made it clear what he was doing. He said it. The candidates put forth were centrists, but they could’ve been Republicans and still have been blocked because of who nominated them. As I recall it was more than a hundred appointments McConnell held up. He’s been a flag bearer for the division that plagues this country, but he’s such a shameless ghoul that he still cries whenever anyone wields power the way he has.

                            I have no problem with 45's relatives being indicted and having their day in court. But like Hunter this has not happened yet. Do you not think Hunter should be looked at by the DOJ?

                            Reid broke from the standing rule of the Senate. Even CNN thinks so. Should had McConnel followed suit with the SCOTUS nominees..............no. The purpose of the filibuster is to get both sides to talk. This is not happening today, and this is very dangerous for the nation.


                            Garland.......this really is a nonstarter. Even if McConnel had called for a vote he would have never got the 60 votes, which was the rule then. And it was McConnel's right to not bring Garland up for a vote. That is how much power these people have.

                            Maybe if Reid had tried to work with McConnel things would had been different. But today our elected officials have been taken of the tracks. Today they are about party first and those at home 2nd or third. Party should never be first. It should be about those at home no matter what party they are from.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by WaiverWire View Post
                              HAHAHAHAHAHA...........fixed
                              Last edited by the_narrow_way; 09-19-2022, 11:58 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by WaiverWire View Post
                                Garland.......this really is a nonstarter. Even if McConnel had called for a vote he would have never got the 60 votes, which was the rule then. And it was McConnel's right to not bring Garland up for a vote.
                                People get upset when there's almost a year left in Obama's term and one of the reasons given to not even begin to see if Garland could be nominated was that 'the people should decide since it's so close to the election'. Then Ginsberg dies and her corpse isn't even cold yet and Barrett is being sworn in a few weeks before the next election. It's bullshit. Is it legal? Yeah, I guess so. But it stinks and it's more proof of the disregard for decency and precedent that McConnell and many others on the Right especially since the 2000's have shown.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X