News of the Day III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the_narrow_way View Post
    You shouldn't separate the important factor of what came before from the series of events. If preceding events are not important then if a robber gets scared by a cop drawing a gun on him and shoots him then the robber would be able to justify a self-defense claim. Bullshit.
    I think I've hit my limit on how much I can defend what he did, none of his actions up until the shooting I can really rationalize with or relate to. I just don't think it's a murder charge, unlike the cop-robber situation you described the defense did a great job of proving how Rittenhouse was under threat of great bodily harm or death.

Originally posted by the_narrow_way View Post
    And here's another hypothetical situation, what if Rittenhouse was black? Do you honestly think everything from the way the cops treated him at the scene, how certain factions of the media and society are framing this, and how this judge is behaving would all be the same? No f'ing way. Is that Rittenhouse's fault? No. But it should matter and until it does then we're still fighting the Civil War.

The media likes to paint a certain narrative that will get views, and right wing gun fanatic vs liberal anarchist during George Floyd protests dies on the vine if it's a black man doing the shooting.
    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• You think the story would die on the vine for right-wing media if the shooter was black?

Comment

You think the story would die on the vine for right-wing media if the shooter was black?
        Open carry ended when the black panthers started openly carrying guns.

Now it’s “wonderful” because white people in Missouri are waving guns at protesters.
        “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

You think the story would die on the vine for right-wing media if the shooter was black?
          Both left wing(MSNBC) and right wing(FOX) have no interest in that story. They wouldn’t try and contradict their narrative
          If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• Originally posted by Donnie D View Post

Now it’s “wonderful” because white people in Missouri are waving guns at protesters.
            Exactly. It goes against the divisive narrative that makes the news

Comment

• Thanks, DD. I was just going to post about the Black Panthers. This whole Rittenhouse thing is tragic and terrible that he’s not going to face any serious repercussions. What this case does is shine an uncomfortable light on the ramifications of so many white males in this country being drooling fanboys over guns, cops and military. Like, go work that shit out in a forest and leave civilization to the grownups, for goodness sake.
              “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Not in Wisconsin

Comment

• Schmitzy, sometimes you argue details in spite of the bigger picture. Look into what happened to the Panthers vs. say, the Proud Boys or that secessionist dude in Idaho.

Expansive gun rights are the bigger picture, and gun-loving cop fanboys like Rittenhouse are living out their cosplay fantasies. But it's not harmless, it's a nightmare for society. They want more and more to be able to shoot people without consequence. I mean, why push all these open carry laws if you're not hoping for the wild, wild west? Remember that guy in Clearwater who was accosting some lady for parking in a handicap spot and then got pushed by that woman's black husband/boyfriend and fucking MURDERED him for it? That story (and others) disappeared because everyone knows what will come of a stand-your-ground case in Florida.

So Rittenhouse upped the ante bringing an assault rifle to a demonstration. It's the same story. There's no place for this horseshit in a civil society. We need common sense gun laws YESTERDAY, but there isn't a single Republican who will even consider the most basic gun law. Maybe you fully agree with me. IDK

Read this story "Kyle Rittenhouse’s Defense Was Strong. It’s Also a Threat to the Rule of Law": https://t.co/kohuIBaZ6G?amp=1
                  “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• I do agree with you, I was not trying to make an argument, I think open carry laws are stupid and I don’t like guns. I used to hunt as a teenager but don’t even do that now because I did not like the way I felt when I took life.

DD said open carry is not longer a thing though but in some backwoods states like Wisconsin they are, that is all I was pointing out

Comment

• There are tens of thousands of miscreants like the one in Idaho that is cheered on when proclaiming, on camera, “When can we use our guns?” Now I don’t know if this wanna be is just interested in, oh say, a school board or election official that he thinks is doing him wrong—-or, if he plans to travel somewhere to “take back our country” similar to the frothers on January 6, 2020.

In either case, we are very close to a situation where the public gun toters are going to come up against LEO’s or ordinary citizens. The next couple of years will be determitive
                      "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• The riots tonight probably won’t go far in convincing gun enthusiasts that they should be unarmed

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
                          I do agree with you, I was not trying to make an argument, I think open carry laws are stupid and I don’t like guns. I used to hunt as a teenager but don’t even do that now because I did not like the way I felt when I took life.

DD said open carry is not longer a thing though but in some backwoods states like Wisconsin they are, that is all I was pointing out
                          No, no, no.

what I said was that open carry ended when the black panthers were carrying. Ronald Reagan said there was no reason for open carry in a civilized society.

But it’s come back with white people wanting to run around with guns. I believe most states allow it.

Fortunately, Florida has resisted with the need for European tourists. It was very unsettling the first time I saw an asshole with a gun strapped to his waste in a restaurant. I was surprised, most restaurants in Texas said that they prohibited open carry in their establishment. I’m surprised that a rootin, tootin, gun state like Texas let’s them do that.
                          “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

No, no, no.

what I said was that open carry ended when the black panthers were carrying. Ronald Reagan said there was no reason for open carry in a civilized society.

But it’s come back with white people wanting to run around with guns. I believe most states allow it.

Fortunately, Florida has resisted with the need for European tourists. It was very unsettling the first time I saw an asshole with a gun strapped to his waste in a restaurant. I was surprised, most restaurants in Texas said that they prohibited open carry in their establishment. I’m surprised that a rootin, tootin, gun state like Texas let’s them do that.
                            I misunderstood you, thanks for the clarification

Comment

• Queue the sadistic gun nuts to go out, start a fight, then start shooting. It's bad enough that the cops always get off just by saying they feared for their life now it's turning into court-sanctioned immunity for civilians too.

Comment

Queue the sadistic gun nuts to go out, start a fight, then start shooting. It's bad enough that the cops always get off just by saying they feared for their life now it's turning into court-sanctioned immunity for civilians too.

Rittenhouse fled a mob and was still dropkicked and smacked in the face by a skateboard. If there are some people who think that is equitable to initiating a fight, then the verdict didn’t matter to them to begin with and they would rationalize a reason to kill
                                Last edited by RSchmitz; 11-20-2021, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X