No announcement yet.

News of the Day III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenosha being preventable was not the argument, my argument is that you’re clearly wrong for thinking that a social worker should have been the one to handle a call involving someone with an active arrest warrant for a violent crime. Your using hindsight to say that the warrant didn’t mean anything
    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• You keep overlooking that I have said "The police are backups in each of these situations, but they aren't the primary point of contact with the person."
      “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Donnie D View Post
        You keep overlooking that I have said "The police are backups in each of these situations, but they aren't the primary point of contact with the person."
        You said that with respect to handling the homeless, you did not say that with respect to this case. So you also think that extends to serving a warrant to someone who has committed a violent crime? I don't agree. Even cities that are adopting measures to shift funds from the police to social work aren't putting social workers in harms way like that.

You never answered my follow up question earlier, when screening phone calls what do you consider a call that would require police presence? Should police only be sent as a secondary force when the calls are obviously violent, and when do you think they should be the primary point of contact since you don't think rape qualifies? You're waving off the fundamental problem that in order to "Defund the Police", you're going to have to be a hell of a lot more selective of when you send police units.

This is already being implemented in St. Petersburg, last summer they decided that instead of hiring 24 new police officers they would put those resources into hiring social workers. Come June there will be teams of 2 social workers being sent to calls. Paramedics and firefighters were not happy about this, since police officers are extremely important in blocking off traffic and helping with unruly persons who need medical attention, but it passed anyways. St. Petersburg at least isn't being ambiguous with when they can afford to send police, non-criminal and non-violent calls will just get social workers. Let's see how it goes
        If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• DeSantis lifts all Covid restrictions

Comment

• And eliminates all local ability to enforce their own standards. Total f*ing BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_narrow_way View Post
              And eliminates all local ability to enforce their own standards. Total f*ing BS.
              I feel sorry for you guys. So depressing to have such sludge calling the shots in the great state of Florida.
              "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• They're all for rights and freedom and keeping the government out of their lives... until they need the government to force their idiocy upon the masses.

Comment

• https://www.wesh.com/article/orange-...noon/36321136#

The Mayor of Orange County is the first to respond to say he will do what is best for the citizen's of his county, no matter what the governor orders. The Mayor's wife, Val, is also seriously considering a run for the governorship against DeSantis.

Old reliable Charlie Crist is also planning to announce his candidacy today in St.Pete. I guess he's a Democrat this year

Comment

• Can Charlie Crist just retire? He's not gonna win and he's just gonna draw attention and money from newer voices who actually have a chance.
                    Gudas Priest

Comment

• Florida Democratic Party is a clown show, not sure who you think has a chance against a resurgent DeSantis. Crist is probably the "best" choice but still nowhere near good enough.

Comment

• Yellen coughs and the whole stock market crumbles

Comment

• Florida desperately needs a Stacey Abrams
                          “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Sean Spicer will be interviewing DeathSantis for a Newsmax exclusive tomorrow at the Villages! A good time will be had by all of the mouth breathers. Kool Aid will be served.

I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flycoon View Post
                              Sean Spicer will be interviewing DeathSantis for a Newsmax exclusive tomorrow at the Villages! A good time will be had by all of the mouth breathers. Kool Aid will be served.
                              Ahhh, to be a fly , or cockroach, on the wall eh? Talk about entertainment value.. There are a few D's there...god bless 'em. I'm sure they'll keep them at arms length. I've said before: I wouldn't live there if it was FREE.
                              "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• The new thing going around small town Facebook: "If you can hack a pipeline then you can hack a voting machine!"
                                Gudas Priest

Comment

Working...
                                X