News of the Day III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donnie D View Post
    I think you should read what I said. I said Kenosha. That was when the father and mother were fighting. There were 3 kids in the car and the cop shot him in the back trying to enter the vehicle. There was some confusion whether there was a knife. But he never made an attempt to lunge at the officer. I'm saying that if there was someone there to deescalate the situation, Blake may not be paralyzed from a cop shooting him. Oh and 2 other people might not have been murdered by Rittenhouse.
    My fault, thought you meant Bryant. You're still wrong for thinking that though

For starters Blake had a warrant for third degree sexual assault, and this was relayed to the officers going in. He was seen with a knife on him and he put one of the officers in a headlock and took two tasers and was still resisting arrest. One of the women screamed that her kid was in the car as Blake was trying to get in and drive away.

I don't understand how three officers couldn't subdue him or how you shoot a guy in the back, but that's a completely different point from your assertion that a social worker should have been there instead is obviously wrong.
    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

That's exactly what defund the police is. No one is ever saying eliminate the police, they are saying to divert a portion of the resources from law enforcement to social work. You know solving the problem without the need to arrest the person.
      Yeah....but it's not. You also think it's a good idea to call upon a social worker to handle an obviously dangerous situation, so stop with the bait and switch. I've been clear that the issue I have is using social workers to handle ambiguous situations that could require protection or force instead of police.
      If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• None of that makes any sense. You want us to believe that he had a knife in his hand while he was putting an officer in a headlock. Yet no one in this confrontation either saw it or felt threatened by it to react at the time. Instead, according to Blake, he told the officers that he had a knife on the floor of the front seat. They get to the front seat and an officer shoots him in the back.

Yes, I believe a trained social worker was exactly what was needed. It wasn't an obviously dangerous situation. The police made it into one with both their presence and confronting him at the scene. He'd spent the day with the "sexually assaulted woman" having a barbecue picnic. So she obviously wan't that afraid of him. Apparently they got into one of their regular verbal fights and she called the police and used the warrant against him.

The third degree sexual assault was dismissed by the prosecution by the way.
        “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

None of that makes any sense. You want us to believe that he had a knife in his hand while he was putting an officer in a headlock. Yet no one in this confrontation either saw it or felt threatened by it to react at the time. Instead, according to Blake, he told the officers that he had a knife on the floor of the front seat. They get to the front seat and an officer shoots him in the back.

Yes, I believe a trained social worker was exactly what was needed. It wasn't an obviously dangerous situation. The police made it into one with both their presence and confronting him at the scene. He'd spent the day with the "sexually assaulted woman" having a barbecue picnic. So she obviously wan't that afraid of him. Apparently they got into one of their regular verbal fights and she called the police and used the warrant against him.

The third degree sexual assault was dismissed by the prosecution by the way.

So just to get this straight, you don't think cops should be called in when there is an arrest warrant for someone accused of sexual assault, disorderly conduct, and domestic abuse and who appears to be up to more trouble? Curious where you draw the line where cops should be used instead, if not assault

Comment

• The original charge was a lover's quarrel as was the event on the day. It could have better been handled by someone professionally trained in these types of situations.

But once again, no one said eliminate the police, only that they should be given a secondary role in these types of matters.
            “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

• Are you still expecting police to show up to these calls or no?

Comment

• Can’t wait to hear how you twist the Andrew Brown Jr. execution.
                “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• I'm sure you'll rush back here and apologize for jumping to conclusions when bodycams reveal otherwise, once again.

Comment

• OK, I’ll start. In smal-town rural NC 7 or 8 cops serving a warrant for drug possession drove up to Brown’s home where he was in his car in his driveway. An armored vehicle blocked the driveway. Neighbors reported the police jumped out and immediately began firing. Brown tried to drive away because he was hit in the arm. The kill shot was to the back of his head.

Your turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                      OK, I’ll start. In smal-town rural NC 7 or 8 cops serving a warrant for drug possession drove up to Brown’s home where he was in his car in his driveway. An armored vehicle blocked the driveway. Neighbors reported the police jumped out and immediately began firing. Brown tried to drive away because he was hit in the arm. The kill shot was to the back of his head.

Your turn.
                      Neighbors reported the police jumped out and immediately began firing, uhhhhh huh. You have a source for this right?

According to the district attorney who viewed the bodycams, officers shouted commands at Brown and tried to remove him from the vehicle. Brown then put his car in reverse, hitting an officer. He then drove forward steering into the direction of another officer and hit a second officer. Only then was the first shot fired.

Your turn

Comment

• Brown's family said it was 4 seconds after they arrived that shots were fired. They were only allowed to see 20 seconds of edited footage from bodycams. There were ~8 cops there, where's the rest of the footage? If what the DA said was true then why the obfuscation? If they want to blur the cop's faces then fine, go for it, but that video needs to be made available so that the truth can be determined. Yes I know that there are specific steps that have to be gone through to get the video released but until the judge signs off on it then the situation will not get resolved.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_narrow_way View Post
                          Brown's family said it was 4 seconds after they arrived that shots were fired. They were only allowed to see 20 seconds of edited footage from bodycams. There were ~8 cops there, where's the rest of the footage? If what the DA said was true then why the obfuscation? If they want to blur the cop's faces then fine, go for it, but that video needs to be made available so that the truth can be determined. Yes I know that there are specific steps that have to be gone through to get the video released but until the judge signs off on it then the situation will not get resolved.
                          It was the judges order to wait 30 days to allow the video to be made available for the public, the district attorney filed to release it immediately.

The family also said that Browns car was stationary and he had his hands on the wheel so....can’t wait for the bodycam footage to be released. Should be plenty clear why you shouldn’t jump to conclusions on the word of an enraged family member.

Comment

• Neither of us know exactly what happened. It’s just telling that you take the official police assertion as the gospel, even when there’s reason to doubt all over the place. Early reports are misleading. And we’re still in an early phase. The cops say one thing. Witnesses say something else.

Security cam footage shows a pickup truck full of heavily armed and armored police drove to Brown's home early in the morning. Looks more like a raid than an arrest. They said they shot after he ran into one of them. A relative says she saw no such thing and that he was trying to drive away only after they opened fire.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/videos/us/20...g-ebof-vpx.cnn

You don't find it suspicious that it took 5 days for 20 seconds of body cam footage was shown to the family and not released to the public when there were 7 body cams and a dash cam? Or how about all 7 officers were put on administrative leave and 2 or 3 of them resigned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                              Neither of us know exactly what happened.
                              I never said that I knew what happened, I am waiting for the bodycam footage to be released before placing blame. You are the one who said he was executed

Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                              It’s just telling that you take the official police assertion as the gospel, even when there’s reason to doubt all over the place. Early reports are misleading. And we’re still in an early phase. The cops say one thing. Witnesses say something else.
                              I don't believe the police, they are humans and have reason to lie. However the district attorney who reviewed the bodycams I do believe is a hell of a lot more credible than a family member who peaked several blocks down the street through a cloudy second story window. He's an elected official and is separate from the police force. There is a separate and independent FBI investigation, there is a special prosecutor involved in the case from the state, and the bodycams are going to be made public. Why the fuck would he lie when the truth will be revealed in less than a month? The fact that you think that this family members' testimony outweighs the DA in this context reveals a lot about your confirmation bias.

Security cam footage shows a pickup truck full of heavily armed and armored police drove to Brown's home early in the morning. Looks more like a raid than an arrest. They said they shot after he ran into one of them. A relative says she saw no such thing and that he was trying to drive away only after they opened fire.
                              Brown had over 36 convictions including 12 felonies, not to mention 10 different charges of resisting arrest. IDK, maybe that's why.

You don't find it suspicious that it took 5 days for 20 seconds of body cam footage was shown to the family and not released to the public when there were 7 body cams and a dash cam? Or how about all 7 officers were put on administrative leave and 2 or 3 of them resigned.
                              I do find it very suspicious. That's why it took me all of 10 seconds on google to find out that the state law prohibits the release of bodycam footage without a court order from a judge.

Comment

• The problem is that just about everyone comes into these things with a preconceived opinion. Either the police have gotten away with murder so many times in the past that they executed the person this time too or the police are generally good people and the guys they are dealing with are generally bad guys so the police deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Me? I'm pretty much in both camps. I watch a guy take a video of someone getting shot in the back in North Carolina running from the police and watch a police officer walk to the car, pull out a gun and dropped it at the scene. He got off because the jury believed he had a gun. The Floyd case where the police committed fraud over what occurred until the video came out and showed something different. You see this obvious crap and it makes you think that many of the others were police executions.

On the other hand, I don't think the police officer that shot the teen with the knife did anything wrong. Nor do I think that the police at the scene of the Briana Taylor shooting should be prosecuted. Yes, she was shot lying in bed, but the boyfriend opened fire on the police - they were going to shoot back. From what I read about that one, the police executed the warrant largely in conformance with the then existing procedure. It wasn't the police on the scene that screwed up, it was a bad procedure.

The one in Kenosha, I blame the police. That was something that didn't need to occur.

Comment

Working...
                                X