No announcement yet.

News of the Day III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gp, you shouldn't have bothered. The points you bolded are provably false or at least disingenuine.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
      Long after he fled the scene. You're implying that people got the attention of police and they clearly understood what happened and just let him go, which is at best a major distortion of the truth if not an outright lie.
      I have not reviewed the available information on this event recently so perhaps I am off the mark to some extent. I do not however back away from my assertion that the way the police responded to Rittenhouse was absolutely not the way they would have responded to a person of color and that goes for before and after the shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by gphockey View Post

Other general issues
        Hunter Biden, where do we stand on that investigation?
        Term Limits for Congress and Senate. Many Americans would like to see this. Will it generate enough interest to have serious consideration?
        Chavin verdict – Was the jury pressured?
        Fair trial for the other three officers? Is it possible to even find impartial jurors that have not heard of this case?
        Balanced Federal budget? Will we ever live to see this happen?
        Covid 19 vaccine hesitancy, why?
        Would you accept taking the J&J vaccine?
        As bodies pile up, why have we not given India the supplies they need and helped them sooner?
        Hunter Biden: No one but the reddest of the reds actually think there was something going on with Hunter
        Term Limits: Don't see how this falls under a Biden issue
        Chauvin verdit: Doubtful
        The other 3 officers: I imagine they will take a plea deal of some kind. Also, hearing about a case doesn't mean the jury is impartial. Being impartial means do you have the ability to come to a verdict using only the evidence presented inside the court room.
        Balanced Federal Budget: Conservatives love screaming about this moment a Democrat comes into power but when their hands are on the lever they love lowering taxes and then use that deficit they created as an excuse to cut social aid programs. Biden is proposing further taxes on the wealthiest of the wealthy and beefing up the IRS to go after serial tax avoiders to further recoup lost revenue.
        Vaccine Hesitance: *Looks at FoxNews, OANN, and other Conservative social commentators*
        J&J Vaccine: That's actually the one I received and I've been fine.
        India Covid Help: Should of reached out sooner but better late than never. Why didn't Trump do more to help them? (See, I can do whataboutisms too!)
        Gudas Priest

Comment

• Replying to gp =

He’s made it clear he’s never going to interact or even consider your posts with anything resembling an open mind. He’s simply stirring shit, and he knows it (look no further than “I debated myself” ... that sounds painful)

“Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Originally posted by ChaseSpace View Post
            Balanced Federal Budget: Conservatives love screaming about this moment a Democrat comes into power but when their hands are on the lever they love lowering taxes and then use that deficit they created as an excuse to cut social aid programs. Biden is proposing further taxes on the wealthiest of the wealthy and beefing up the IRS to go after serial tax avoiders to further recoup lost revenue.
            To be ABSOLUTELY, UNEQUIVOCABLY, and furthermore CRYSTAL CLEAR: Of the two major parties, the least fiscally responsible party is the Republican Party, and it's about as close as Alpha Centauri is to my house. That's not saying that Democrats don't spend funds they probably shouldn't, but historically, Republicans are incredibly irresponsible fiscally, despite their protestations that Democrats, when in power, act in the way they refuse to act when they are in power.

If requested, I can pull decades of research and examples. That said, I'm not taking requests from GP, since he argues exclusively in bad faith.

Source: Former Republican, current Independent, with graduate level education in economics and finance, and decades of experience in corporate finance, accounting and taxation.
            Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

• This is interesting. I don't recall hearing about the church doing this before.

QUOTE "When U.S. Catholic bishops hold their next national meeting in June, they’ll be deciding whether to send a tougher-than-ever message to President Joe Biden and other Catholic politicians: Don’t receive Communion if you persist in public advocacy of abortion rights." END QUOTE

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-cathol...143840441.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                Replying to gp =

He’s made it clear he’s never going to interact or even consider your posts with anything resembling an open mind. He’s simply stirring shit, and he knows it (look no further than “I debated myself” ... that sounds painful)

You don't have to reply or even debate, just read. I thought the Arizona gov. was pretty clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannybolt View Post
                  To be ABSOLUTELY, UNEQUIVOCABLY, and furthermore CRYSTAL CLEAR: Of the two major parties, the least fiscally responsible party is the Republican Party,

If requested, I can pull decades of research and examples. That said, I'm not taking requests from GP, since he argues exclusively in bad faith.

Source: Former Republican, current Independent, with graduate level education in economics and finance, and decades of experience in corporate finance, accounting and taxation.
                  Gee whiz fellas. Well I just asked if we are going to balance the budget, not who spends more. But, since you brought it up, just another viewpoint from this article. I do tend to think that whoever has control of the house and senate has a lot to do with spending.

QUOTE "This structuring of the data still shows a secular rise in the amount of inflation-adjusted per capita federal spending. But in the Clinton administration, the average level of such spending was 1.7 percent higher when Democrats controlled Congress than after the Republican takeover in 1994. This pattern repeated with a vengeance under the Bush administration: average annual spending was 7.9 percent higher during the last two years that Democrats controlled Congress compared to the six preceding years in which Republicans had voting majorities in both chambers.[3] Under President Obama, average spending in his first two years was 3.3 percent higher than when Republicans took over the House following the election sweep of 2010." END QUOTE

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisco...h=28da07d1bad5
                  Last edited by gphockey; 04-28-2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• What a load of shit to quote that Forbes article. It ignores the nuances that Dems typically have to spend money to clean up Republican messes. Dems have to rescue the country or at least entire industries. And then when there’s a Dem in the WH the Republicans become the party of No! and austerity and budget scolds. FUCK THIS DISINGENUOUS BULLSHIT. Do you not understand or are you willfully ignorant?

Doug Ducey is as much of a tribal hack as you. He doesn’t get points for living in Phoenix, far from the border. He’s just trying to smear an opponent and you think he’s giving an objective opinion? It’s because you wear red pajamas and glasses.

Just stop shitposting. Sheesh, we don’t need to hear about every new topic your little squirrel brain moves onto.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_narrow_way View Post
                      I have not reviewed the available information on this event recently so perhaps I am off the mark to some extent. I do not however back away from my assertion that the way the police responded to Rittenhouse was absolutely not the way they would have responded to a person of color and that goes for before and after the shooting.
                      I won't defend cops for profiling people, I know it happens and it's not right. I can also empathize with cops though, they're human beings and unlike many on the left I don't expect them to act like psychopaths who are detached from the outcome when they know in the back of their head that some interactions are riskier than others and they could end up dead. I think the problem is one of incompetence, not maliciousness
                      If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• "I think the problem is one of incompetence, not maliciousness"

Where we have these serious, known, instances of malfeasance, I think there's an almost equal measure of both.
                        "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post

some interactions are riskier than others and they could end up dead
                          Nope. No. Uh uh.

THIS right here is exactly the fucked up cancerous thinking that has to be removed by firing, retiring and re-training those who believe it’s acceptable from public servants working in and for their communities.

Im not saying it’s wrong for a cop to be discriminating when in a dangerous situation or a dangerous place, but FAR too many white cops thinks it’s a fine excuse to be fuckin terrified of any and all Black people.

This is the kind of bullshit that leads directly to Botham Jean being shot to death by a cop in his own apartment while eating ice cream at bedtime. Look it up. There are hundreds if not thousands of examples of humans who are dead because they were Black.

Comment

• Abolish the Police is a leftist fantasy.

Demilitarize, retrain and shift police funds to hire social workers is long overdue.

Comment

• Well golly shucks, balancing the budget is 100% germaine to my point about fiscal responsibility, because that is what the underlying assumption is. That we should balance the budget because it is fiscally responsible to do so. And by not balancing the budget, the party in power is not being fiscally responsible.

Which, I agree with, to a point.

HOWEVER, Republicans have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever been concerned with it while they hold the keys to the treasury, only when they hand them over to the Democrats, which is why it's laughable that Republicans should be concerned with it now, after Trump ran literally Trillions (with a goddamn T) of dollars of deficits every year in his presidency after passing the tax cut. There was no debate on balancing the budget then.

And to Bolthed's point, Trump did not inherit a cratered economy, he was handed an economy that was humming along after the Obama administration took the cratered remains of the Bush economy and revived it. These are unassailable facts, not opinions, BTW. So there was no need of that level of deficit spending under the Trump administration. Yet he ran some of the largest deficits in our country's history. So it is beyond disingenuous for Republicans to be concerned with it now.
                              Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post

Nope. No. Uh uh.

THIS right here is exactly the fucked up cancerous thinking that has to be removed by firing, retiring and re-training those who believe it’s acceptable from public servants working in and for their communities.

Im not saying it’s wrong for a cop to be discriminating when in a dangerous situation or a dangerous place, but FAR too many white cops thinks it’s a fine excuse to be fuckin terrified of any and all Black people.

This is the kind of bullshit that leads directly to Botham Jean being shot to death by a cop in his own apartment while eating ice cream at bedtime. Look it up. There are hundreds if not thousands of examples of humans who are dead because they were Black.
                                Is this any different from what I said? There are a lot of incompetent cops who either need more training or another job, and let’s be honest here some people no training will ever be enough to help. So I’m just being real, I don’t think the supply of cops with ice in their veins will ever meet the demand.
                                If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Working...
                                X