Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News of the Day III

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
    So if you get down, remind yourself that , yes, most people want sanity and peace and quiet, and that’s not going to look like people are literally crawling across broken glass. It’s going to look just like this: long lines of quiet people dutifully doing the right thing to save this country from Trump and his followers.
    I want to believe.

    Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

    Comment


    • I’ll leave this here.

      https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/22/polit...nds/index.html
      “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Donnie D View Post
        Looks like the Devil is coming to collect on the deal McConnell made with him
        Gudas Priest

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
          Some say Pinellas County is very representative of Florida in that we are about 50-50 Ds and Rs (registered voters - about 250k D and 248k R and 200k independent).

          I voted in person today and cannot attest to the split. It’s impossible to detect. I was hoping to see a lot more Biden supporters, but then I realized that aside from the flag and sign wavers on the road outside the facility parking lot, who’s really buying Biden gear? And who curbs their outspokenness when there are Trumpers within earshot? When I was driving away, I had a pink flag-waving Trumper ladycreature try to talk to me after she gave me a thumbs up and I responded with a thumbs down while shaking my head in disgust. I thought about telling her that her lord and savior doesn’t care if she dies, but then decided against it and rolled my window back up. Serious point, though – most sane people want little or nothing to do with Trumpers in public. Let em think they’re winning bigly. Maybe some will be overconfident and stay home!

          Those minions were always going to have a big, visual advantage in enthusiasm. But my guess is we’ve got the numbers. The lines were long – more than an hour wait on Friday before lunchtime. Hell, on Thursday at 2pm the line was more than 30 minutes. So if you get down, remind yourself that , yes, most people want sanity and peace and quiet, and that’s not going to look like people are literally crawling across broken glass. It’s going to look just like this: long lines of quiet people dutifully doing the right thing to save this country from Trump and his followers.
          I was surprised at the absence of Trump supporters or “poll watchers” at the Pasco voting site on Collier. Hardly a Trump sign to be seen.
          I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

          Who knew?

          Comment


          • He wants them showing up at minority precincts in urban areas, for unsavory reasons that should be obvious. That's why he keeps mentioning Philly and why people are videoing people showing up dropping off mail in votes at drop boxes in Philly.
            S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
              Some say Pinellas County is very representative of Florida in that we are about 50-50 Ds and Rs (registered voters - about 250k D and 248k R and 200k independent).

              I voted in person today and cannot attest to the split. It’s impossible to detect. I was hoping to see a lot more Biden supporters, but then I realized that aside from the flag and sign wavers on the road outside the facility parking lot, who’s really buying Biden gear? And who curbs their outspokenness when there are Trumpers within earshot? When I was driving away, I had a pink flag-waving Trumper ladycreature try to talk to me after she gave me a thumbs up and I responded with a thumbs down while shaking my head in disgust. I thought about telling her that her lord and savior doesn’t care if she dies, but then decided against it and rolled my window back up. Serious point, though – most sane people want little or nothing to do with Trumpers in public. Let em think they’re winning bigly. Maybe some will be overconfident and stay home!

              Those minions were always going to have a big, visual advantage in enthusiasm. But my guess is we’ve got the numbers. The lines were long – more than an hour wait on Friday before lunchtime. Hell, on Thursday at 2pm the line was more than 30 minutes. So if you get down, remind yourself that , yes, most people want sanity and peace and quiet, and that’s not going to look like people are literally crawling across broken glass. It’s going to look just like this: long lines of quiet people dutifully doing the right thing to save this country from Trump and his followers.
              I just got back from a trip to central Washington, and drove back to Reno thru eastern Oregon and central Cal. All three states are going EC bigly for Biden. But, driving thru the rural environs, Trump crap was everywhere, like multiple fire ant mounds. I'm guessing most of these folk do NOT believe Trump has a chance in those states, but they love to "own the libs" and profess their allegiance to the idea of Cult 45. They don't have boat parades, but I'm sure they have tractor parades. Fortunately, fence posts and bovine don't vote.
              "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

              Comment


              • Follow up on the debate. The two comments that are getting the most play are the “we are taking real good care of the kids that are separated from their mothers” and the “only immigrants with low IQs follow the immigration rules.”
                “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Puckhead View Post

                  I just got back from a trip to central Washington, and drove back to Reno thru eastern Oregon and central Cal. All three states are going EC bigly for Biden. But, driving thru the rural environs, Trump crap was everywhere, like multiple fire ant mounds. I'm guessing most of these folk do NOT believe Trump has a chance in those states, but they love to "own the libs" and profess their allegiance to the idea of Cult 45. They don't have boat parades, but I'm sure they have tractor parades. Fortunately, fence posts and bovine don't vote.
                  The divide isn't between red states and blue states. It's between urban and suburban America (blue) and rural and exurban America (red). Every state has a mixture of these areas. But, they've never been in open conflict with each other like this before.
                  S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

                  Comment


                  • New York has always fought with upstate. In Illinois, it was Chicago vs downstate.

                    The big difference is that the suburbs are now allied with the city instead of downstate. It’s moved Illinois from being the epitome of a swing state to a reliably blue state.
                    “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

                    Comment


                    • Correct. The suburbs used to align culturally with rural America and the romanticism of the small town. Now suburban dwellers want the amenities of a cosmopolitan city.
                      S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

                      Comment


                      • According to Harris’s chief of staff, in Georgia, 49% of all new registered voters were persons of color and 46% were people under 30. The vast percentage of these voters will be voting for Biden.
                        “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

                        Comment


                        • Statistics are out about the composition of the early vote in the swing states and there's a huge surge in the youth vote in early and mail in ballots. Maybe you can argue to me that Republicans have done some great targeting of young non-college white males, but I think Occam's Razor says the switch to mail-in and early voting provides a flexibility that allows youth to be more involved in the process, and that favors the Democrats. And, again, if young people are part of the coalition that shows up en masse to sweep Biden and the Democrats into power after leaving Bernie at the altar in the primary... someone check on Zeyk.

                          S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

                          Comment


                          • Missouri Democratic Rep. Emanuel Cleaver: “Every time I get too happy I slap myself and stick my hand over a fire.”

                            “I’m a nervous ninny,” Cleaver added. “I read the polls … but I’m scared to feel like we’re going to win because we’ve seen what happened in 2016.”
                            “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

                            Comment


                            • And, not to hammer a dead horse about the district polling, but...

                              S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Donnie D View Post
                                Missouri Democratic Rep. Emanuel Cleaver: “Every time I get too happy I slap myself and stick my hand over a fire.”

                                “I’m a nervous ninny,” Cleaver added. “I read the polls … but I’m scared to feel like we’re going to win because we’ve seen what happened in 2016.”
                                2016 PTSD means Democrats may never get complacent again. It's annoying to constantly talk about, but it serves a purpose.
                                S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X