Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the new BP MB

I guess if you are seeing this announcement you have found your way to the new home of the BP message board. Drop either myself or sotnos a message if you see something awry. I think everything migrated OK, but there's probably something that slipped my attention.

A big thanks to those of you in the community who helped contribute financially to our upgrade. There's more to come with both the main prospect news site and mobile access to both these platforms.

This MB site has the latest mobile responsive interface, so please use your phone/tablet browser to enjoy mobile access to this site. We are working on BP Android and iOS apps with vBulletin for an even more custom and mobile access to the boards, but those are still being worked on. In the meantime, you should have a good experience from your mobile browser. Drop us note with any feedback or suggestions, or even better a post in the Janitor's Closet channel!

I'll provide more updates soon.

-- Timothy
See more
See less

News of the Day III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lara Trump says dead cats are voting for Biden. These look alive to me.

https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/...953168899?s=21
    “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Donnie D View Post
      It’s mainly an attempt to stop people from voting at night and set up a possible court challenge. The county supervisors of elections are elected. They don’t report to the state elections supervisor. As long as they follow state law, they can do what they want.

The state guidelines really aren’t bad. They suggested that the staff member make sure the envelope is signed. That’s a good thing. They are also concerned that someone could vandalize the ballots. Normally, unlikely, but there are a lot of idiots out there.

Sarasota only has drop boxes at each of the election offices and early voting sites. They don’t have any outside buildings or spots that are open at night, to the best of my knowledge. They would just need to move the one I used inside the office and look at your envelope to see that it’s signed.

The problem is that counties have told people where to drop off ballots. Changing that with less than 3 weeks to go would be a disaster. Once again, it’s just a lack of forethought by the state.
      It's almost as if we should have a new Voting Rights Act that provides one set of national guidelines for the administration of free and fair elections.
      S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

• How are the people in charge of tabulating ballots across the country going to deal with the fact that in many place the rules for submitting your vote has changed multiple times? How are they going to make sure that a vote that came in that was made lawfully at the time it was sent in but now is not valid due to a late change in the rules gets counted?

Comment

• That’s what they are counting on.
          “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

• If/when they fail, they will have created all the justification for nationalizing election standards the Democrats could ever need. All the arguments about federalism and state's rights will look ludicrous after all the hand wringing we've endured already in this election cycle.

Ditto for if/when their Supreme Court heist leads to repealing ACA in the middle of the pandemic. They will create all the justification Democrats could ever need for judicial reform AND enacting single payer.

Republicans used to be very smart about playing the long game. Now, not so much.
            S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

• “Hello Cleveland!”

Evidently he mistook Michigan for Minnesota three times tonight.

Comment

• But Biden is the senile guy.

Comment

• Wallace Simpson, incoming Senate President predicts a huge Trump victory. He says the polls are way off because Trump supporters are telling pollsters that they are voting for Biden. He says he hears it everyday. It’s a badge of honor among republicans to lie to pollsters.

if they are lying, they aren’t telling pollsters that they are republicans who are voting for Biden, because his standing among republicans is still strong. They would have to be saying that they are white independents over 65.
                  Last edited by Donnie D; 10-18-2020, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• If my eyes rolled any harder just now they'd have fallen out of their sockets.

No one lives and dies by the delusional facade of the anecdote quite like Republicans.
                    Last edited by pete; 10-18-2020, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• For me to believe anything about some vast Republican conspiracy to subvert scientific polling, I'd have to believe they're disciplined enough to carry it all the way down to the district level uniformly across fifty states. Fat. Chance.

Comment

• Buchanan is up by only 3 on Good in Sarasota.

Comment

• Pete - I have a hard time believing that most members of Cult 45 would miss any opportunity to sing the praises of Dear Leader by lying to a pollster. Do I think some are lying? Sure do, because they would love to say to the liberal, elitist pollster that they were wrong.

the only pollster with a national Trump 50/50 split is Trafalgar. They were the group hired by Trump when he didn’t like what everyone else said. They are either going to be the only accurate pollster or be out of business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donnie D View Post
                            Buchanan is up by only 3 on Good in Sarasota.
                            I would love to see this turd flushed.
                            Last edited by Flycoon; 10-18-2020, 10:05 PM.
                            I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

Working...
                            X