Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News of the Day III

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    The super duper missile will surely be the perfect tool for nuking hurricanes so we can get back to the important things: buying Greenland and injecting ourselves with bleach.
    S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by pete View Post
      The super duper missile will surely be the perfect tool for nuking hurricanes so we can get back to the important things: buying Greenland and injecting ourselves with bleach.
      On that note, Costco’s Kirkland Irish Whisky is pretty f’ing super duper for $28 for a 1.75. On par with Jameson or Tullamore Dew.
      I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

      Who knew?

      Comment


      • #18
        So... Friday night news dump the administration just moved to oust the IG at the State Department. Why? House Foreign Relations has learned it’s because the IG just opened an investigation into Secretary Pompeo’s conduct (just one?). IOW, an illegal retaliatory firing.

        https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/...249084931?s=21
        S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

        Comment


        • #19
          Drain that swamp.

          I have been interested to see how the Georgia experiment is going. The first 2 weeks there was only a minimal impacting sales from reopening.

          This week things have started to change. Bar traffic has more than doubled, from 10% of to 40% of pre-virus sales. Mall traffic also doubled over the past 2 weeks, but still less than 50% of where it was last year.

          Georgia is saying that the number of new cases has dropped since the stay at home order was lifted, but Georgia counts cases in a weird way. They say that if you test positive today that you caught it 10 days earlier. So they reset the case to May 6. So they always show a downward slope.

          People are starting to come out, but this doesn’t look like a “v” recovery. It looks like a slow slog.
          “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

          Comment


          • #20
            Duckworth being interviewed for VP spot.
            “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Flycoon View Post
              On that note, Costco’s Kirkland Irish Whisky is pretty f’ing super duper for $28 for a 1.75. On par with Jameson or Tullamore Dew.
              And their Canadian whiskey @$16/1.5L is half price and right there with Crown Royal iMO. (funny how we talk about liquor in these times, eh? After all this, we’re going to have a bunch of amazing cooks, and a bigger group with a serious drinking problem
              Last edited by Puckhead; 05-16-2020, 11:06 AM.
              "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Puckhead View Post
                And their Canadian whiskey @$16/1.5L is half price and right there with Crown Royal iMO. (funny how we talk about liquor in these times, eh? After all this, we’re going to have a bunch of amazing cooks, and a bigger group with a serious drinking problem
                Can confirm. Food bill is waaay down (didn't realized we ate out as much as we did), and my beer and alcohol bill is waaay up. Also: the Kirkland's brand is well regarded amongst my fellow CPAs (a profession known for it's alcohol consumption as well as a level of frugality). High quality and low price. I know their Vodka is just relabeled Grey Goose. I assume their other alcohols are relabeling of much more expensive name brands as well.
                Last edited by dannybolt; 05-16-2020, 12:26 PM.
                Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by dannybolt View Post
                  Can confirm. Food bill is waaay down (didn't realized we ate as much as we did), and my beer and alcohol bill is waaay up. Also: the Kirkland's brand is well regarded amongst my fellow CPAs (a profession known for it's alcohol consumption as well as a level of frugality). High quality and low price. I know their Vodka is just relabeled Grey Goose. I assume their other alcohols are relabeling of much more expensive name brands as well.
                  Can't speak to Kirkland brand as their are none in my area but I know the Member's Mark(Walmart/Sam's Club) brand liquors tend to be medium shelf variety(Jack Daniels, Grey Goose, Beefeater, etc) that they buy from the distillers when they have a batch that isn't quite up to their specifications(color is slightly off, smell is different, etc).
                  Gudas Priest

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    On that note, Costco’s Kirkland Irish Whisky is pretty f’ing super duper for $28 for a 1.75. On par with Jameson or Tullamore Dew.
                    Figures I can't find either that or the Canadian brand here. I've seen the bourbon but I heard it was pretty bad.

                    Their golden margarita bottle (with the tequila included, not the wine mix sold inside the basic store) is also highly underrated, and at $9.99 you can't beat the price.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      And it seems the Trump wing of the GOP(read: the fascist wing) is pivoting to try and get McConnell to hold the "Russian hoaxers" in Senate and Congress accountable for the "hoax".

                      I'm actually in favor of this because it give less time on the calendar for him to shove more Federalist dick suckers onto the courts for their lifetime appointments and gives the sane more ammo to unseat him and his colleagues in November.
                      Gudas Priest

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Puckhead View Post
                        And their Canadian whiskey @$16/1.5L is half price and right there with Crown Royal iMO. (funny how we talk about liquor in these times, eh? After all this, we’re going to have a bunch of amazing cooks, and a bigger group with a serious drinking problem
                        I’ll have to check that out. The store in Wesley Chapel was stocked to the rafters with scotch; not my favorite but the demographics in the area demand it. Seems it is the liquor of choice of South Asians and the area has a high population. They had $1500 Macallan in stock.

                        Over 50% of scotch is exported to India.
                        I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

                        Who knew?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by ChaseSpace View Post
                          And it seems the Trump wing of the GOP(read: the fascist wing) is pivoting to try and get McConnell to hold the "Russian hoaxers" in Senate and Congress accountable for the "hoax".

                          I'm actually in favor of this because it give less time on the calendar for him to shove more Federalist dick suckers onto the courts for their lifetime appointments and gives the sane more ammo to unseat him and his colleagues in November.
                          Agree on both counts. Moscow going after “hoaxers” doesn’t give he or Trump one additional vote in November. If anything, it’s a loser. And yes, tie up the Senate with that crap so that he F’s up the calendar for future federal judgeship appointments. Unbelievable how politically stupid the GOP is whilst entranced with the grabber. (My suspicion is that Moscow is not quite that stupid, but we’ll see)
                          Last edited by Puckhead; 05-16-2020, 05:25 PM.
                          "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Puckhead View Post
                            Agree on both counts. Moscow going after “hoaxers” doesn’t give he or Trump one additional vote in November. If anything, it’s a loser. And yes, tie up the Senate with that crap so that he F’s up the calendar for future federal judgeship appointments. Unbelievable how politically stupid the GOP is whilst entranced with the grabber. (My suspicion is that Moscow is not quite that stupid, but we’ll see)
                            If the loudest voices(aka Trump) keep pushing for it he'll have to throw them a bone in order to stave off their wrath because all they know is either fealty or backstabbing.

                            Problem is, any bone he throws has a lit fuse attached to it and Trump is definitely going to bring it back to him to keep throwing it.
                            Gudas Priest

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Texas reopened from the Coronavirus on May 5. Typical incubation period is 7-14 days. Yesterday, day 11, the state recorded 1,801 new cases, setting a new record. Their previous high was 1,400.

                              Who could have seen that coming?
                              “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                By a 3:1 margin, millennials say preserving life is more important than the economy.

                                Baby boomers are 55-45, reopen the economy even if it means more deaths.

                                That one puzzled me.
                                “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X