Your Stock Market Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Stock Market Bets

Just curious who in here plays the stocks, which ones you are invested in, and why.

Me and my wife got married and I sold my house in September and are living with the in-laws until the summer when school lets out. That's the reason why I am investing, as a temporary savings account that may actually give me some ROI.

Stocks:
    Aurora Cannabis
    Lowes
    Bank of America
    Texas Instruments
    Apple
    Amazon
    Dollar General
    Visa

I am actually even for the year. 20% down on Apple which is mitigated by the gains I've had with Texas Instruments and Amazon. I have considered ETF's through vanguard.

How are you all doing?
    Last edited by RSchmitz; 02-05-2019, 06:35 AM.
    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
    Just curious who in here plays the stocks, which ones you are invested in, and why.

Me and my wife got married and I sold my house in September and are living with the in-laws until the summer when school lets out. That's the reason why I am investing, as a temporary savings account that may actually give me some ROI.

Stocks:
    Aurora Cannabis
    Lowes
    Bank of America
    Texas Instruments
    Apple
    Amazon
    Dollar General
    Visa

I am actually even for the year. 20% down on Apple which is mitigated by the gains I've had with Texas Instruments and Amazon. I have considered ETF's through vanguard.

How are you all doing?
    I've had success riding Shake Shack up, then switching to Disney. Admittedly I missed out on further gains from Disney. I bought a little bit after they announced Disney+. I should have just bought in when they bought Marvel, and their endgame became clear. Disney is up 30-40% this year, but I think it still has a lot of room to run, especially after Disney+ launches and their subscriber numbers come in. I'd short Netflix if I was less risk averse, because their market cap is absurd in comparison to Disney.

Dollar General and Amazon are savvy picks IMO. Especially Amazon. AWS is a monster, and I suspect could be worth a ridiculous amount by itself.
    Last edited by dannybolt; 07-12-2019, 09:40 PM.
    Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

How are your retirement and investment accounts looking after the last week of tech free fall? I’m heavy in growth stocks but unfortunately that means the vast majority of my portfolio leans Nasdaq
      If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

I’m close to retiring and have moved away from stocks. I did buy some puts for Tesla because I think the batteries they use will start catastrophically failing soon. Plus musk is a dick
        "To Serve Man" It's a Cookbook!

Comment

Originally posted by jdhebner View Post
          I’m close to retiring and have moved away from stocks. I did buy some puts for Tesla because I think the batteries they use will start catastrophically failing soon. Plus musk is a dick
          Are you in bonds?

Comment

Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post

Are you in bonds?
            A bit of everything. Diversified. Our planner is quite good.
            "To Serve Man" It's a Cookbook!

Comment

Originally posted by jdhebner View Post
              A bit of everything. Diversified. Our planner is quite good.
              This is the way.
              Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

I read that only like 92% of actively managed accounts outperform the market over 5 years. When I become more risk adverse I will probably just put 100% into VTI instead of finding a planner.

Comment

Working...
                X