Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooter apparently a Sanders campaign volunteer who asked who was playing to verify that his intended victims were GOP reps.

Sanders has already denounced the shooter. Would be nice if Trump would utter a single word about the white supremacists and Trump-tards who've shot and killed people.
    To those who do not know that the world is on fire, I have nothing to say. - Bertolt Brecht

Comment

• Originally posted by ZeykShade View Post
      Shooter apparently a Sanders campaign volunteer who asked who was playing to verify that his intended victims were GOP reps.

Sanders has already denounced the shooter. Would be nice if Trump would utter a single word about the white supremacists and Trump-tards who've shot and killed people.
      Has Trump or any R's denounced this guy as a terrorist or is that only reserved for Muslims?

Comment

• Originally posted by nutznboltz View Post
        Has Trump or any R's denounced this guy as a terrorist or is that only reserved for Muslims?
        Fuck that, if a muslim or brown person does this shit no one even stops to think about the nuance of their political beliefs. It's only because this guy is white that people even stopped to ask about his political beliefs.

Apparently he was a volunteer in Iowa for one debate. Wasn't a paid staffer, he's not from Iowa so the people in Iowa don't know who he is.

Violence of any kind is deplorable. What this guy did is inexcusable in our society. This applies to the myriad right-wing killing sprees we have every other week.
        To those who do not know that the world is on fire, I have nothing to say. - Bertolt Brecht

Comment

• It is interesting all these right wingers finally got to see the outcome of their all-guns-all-the-time crusade first hand. Bet it doesn't change anyone's mind, though.

Comment

• Another shooting, 4 more people dead at a UPS center in San Francisco. Looks like a workplace violence incident.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-ho...170608142.html

Comment

• With all of this, I just wanted to reiterate that the Gun Control Debate is over. Sandy Hook proved it. If you can't get motivated to make changes after that atrocity, you can't get motivated ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZeykShade View Post
                With all of this, I just wanted to reiterate that the Gun Control Debate is over. Sandy Hook proved it. If you can't get motivated to make changes after that atrocity, you can't get motivated ever.
                This latest incident should give the right wingers who love their guns more than their momma pause. Sadly, there are gun toting second amendment solution nut jobs on the left as well.

Gun nuttery knows no political divides in the heartland. This creep was from Belleville, IL; redneck country.
                I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

• The NRA will just use this to say if everyone had a gun, someone would have shot him and stopped the killing.

Buy more Saturday Night specials. Blue light special.
                  “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

• Washington Post report:

BREAKING NEWS: Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials say.

The special counsel overseeing the investigation into Russia’s role in the 2016 election is interviewing senior intelligence officials as part of a widening probe that now includes an examination of whether President Trump attempted to obstruct justice, officials said.

The move by Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III to investigate Trump’s own conduct marks a major turning point in the nearly year-old FBI investigation, which until recently focused on Russian meddling during the presidential campaign and on whether there was any coordination between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin. Investigators have also been looking for any evidence of possible financial crimes among Trump associates, officials said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.26f0ecd2c430
                    Donnie D
                    Steven Stamkos' One Timer
                    Last edited by Donnie D; 06-14-2017, 06:41 PM.
                    “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

• Originally posted by nutznboltz View Post
                      If the previous administration had revealed it prior to the election, the R's would have screamed bloody murder that it was partisan politics to get HRC elected and you know it. And no evidence will get revealed now because it's under an active investigation. But please keep regurgitating the talking points...
                      When the FBI has been looking at collusion for 11 months and the Senate Intelligence Committee for 6 months and when Feinstein and Manchin both say there has been no evidence found to date.........you think this is regurgitating the GOP talking points???

The collusion investigation has based on and hoping that evidence would be found from surveillance from our intelligence agencies. You must believe that they are still looking at this intel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donnie D View Post
                        Washington Post report:

BREAKING NEWS: Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials say.

The special counsel overseeing the investigation into Russia’s role in the 2016 election is interviewing senior intelligence officials as part of a widening probe that now includes an examination of whether President Trump attempted to obstruct justice, officials said.

The move by Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III to investigate Trump’s own conduct marks a major turning point in the nearly year-old FBI investigation, which until recently focused on Russian meddling during the presidential campaign and on whether there was any coordination between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin. Investigators have also been looking for any evidence of possible financial crimes among Trump associates, officials said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.26f0ecd2c430
                        Or Mueller could be doing his job and verifying what the FBI has already said as well as the NSA and CIA.

Would be wise for him to do that as one should always double check the work done by others when the job is handed over to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaiverWire View Post
                          When the FBI has been looking at collusion for 11 months and the Senate Intelligence Committee for 6 months and when Feinstein and Manchin both say there has been no evidence found to date.........you think this is regurgitating the GOP talking points???
                          You're such a fucktwat. Which is it – Let the investigation run its course? Or, Where's the evidence already??!? You're such a partisan hack. You couldn't be more obvious about spouting whatever bullshit fits your party agenda. You have zero principles.
                          “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Originally posted by pete View Post
                            Sessions did what was expected: he invoked privilege that wasn't granted in advance by Trump, which is illegal. And, as expected, the Senate GOP refused to hold him accountable for it with the proper remedy, which is Contempt of Congress. There are some minor slip ups about Sessions' testimony regarding his meetings with Kislyak that weren't originally reported that may grow to be important down the line, but he basically thumbed his nose at the Senate's oversight power and was allowed to get away with it.

Perhaps the real news of the day is Rosenstein testified this morning that if Trump attempts to fire Mueller, he does not believe there is cause and will therefore presumably disobey the order and either be fired or resign himself. That's what happened to Nixon when he fired the Special Prosecutor... he had to keep going down the DOJ roster until he found a stooge willing to carry out the firing. Rosenstein, btw, is completely correct not to agree to fire Mueller for manufactured cause, because he'd be at risk to go up the river himself as a co-conspirator at that point.

Can a person that is not commanded to appear before congress be held in contempt? I just read somewhere that one must be commanded to appear before congress, according to the congressional rules. If I can find it a gain I will link it. If true he was there on his own accord.

Second I do believe he said that if the questions were in writing he would answer if given permission.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL34114.pdf

Under 2 U.S.C. Section 192, a person who has been “summoned as a witness” by either house or a committee thereof to testify or to produce documents and who fails to do so, or who appears but refuses to respond to questions, is guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of up to $100,000 and imprisonment for up to one year. 2 U.S.C. Section 194 establishes the procedure to be followed by the House or Senate if it chooses to refer a recalcitrant witness to the courts for criminal prosecution rather than try him at the bar of the House or Senate. Under the procedure outlined in Section 194,45
                            Seems like it would be like several times when a defense attorney forgot to send me a subpoena for a deposition, called me and I should without a subpoena. At one such encounter the defense attorney kept asking the same question over and over and started yelling. The Assistant State Attorney told me it was within my right to walk out as I was not there under an order.

But let us all hope he makes every attempt to answer the questions he would not answer.
                            WaiverWire
                            Steven Stamkos' One Timer
                            Last edited by WaiverWire; 06-14-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Bottom line is violence committed to advance political goals is terrorism and the shooter should be dealt with accordingly.
                              S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

• At least this puts to bed the Trumpster talking point that he isn't under investigation. He is. He always was, obviously, but this puts a period on the end of that sentence once and for all.
                                S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

Working...
                                X