This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WaiverWire View Post
    Doesn't matter who won this debate or the election for that matter. Both chambers are still controlled by the republicans so Crist will not be able to push his agenda.
    Which is why our non-democratic 'Democracy' needs to be blown-up. What's the point of voting for the Governor if anything he tries to do can be stopped by the politicians below him. If the person that was put in charge can't make the changes he was voted into office to do, then it's not really a Democracy, is it?

Originally posted by Sotnos View Post
    Re: voter ID stuff (though it's obviously like talking to a brick wall about this) Conservative icon/federal judge changes mind on photo ID laws, issues blistering dissent against them
    I read that the other day. A good article.

Comment

• It's also not a democracy if the governor can do whatever he wants like some dictator.

Comment

• I'd rather have Charlie Crist, Marilyn Mason or Bubbles the chimpanzee in the Governor's chair than Prick Scott with a Republican state congress green-lighting all of his shitty ideas, coporate kickbacks and cronyism. Seriously. Gridlock is WAY better than that noise!
        “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Sure, every new initiative should be checked for sanity. I don't want the governor to operate without review.

I want things to get back to a point where ideas aren't immediately shot down just because the idea belongs to the other group. It's a sad state of affairs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZeykShade View Post
            I'll consider the NC voting story when there are indictments for voter fraud. Until then, it's a story about a security flaw that potentially could lead to voter fraud.

Another simple question: Who do you all think shouldn't get to vote?
            You will never see anyone arrested as the prosecutors will insist that they poll workers will have to identify those that cast the ballot.

You can process the ballots for prints, but like with a check, you will have to prove that they did have access to the ballot from the time it was made, not printed, but made until the present.

Comment

You will never see anyone arrested as the prosecutors will insist that they poll workers will have to identify those that cast the ballot.

You can process the ballots for prints, but like with a check, you will have to prove that they did have access to the ballot from the time it was made, not printed, but made until the present.
              Under the current system, the poll workers have a list of registered voters with a copy of their signature from their voter registration card to compare the signature they write when checking in. Good enough until proven otherwise.

The only time I would like to see photo ID is for same day voter registration.

This entire argument for voter ID has all of the credibility of dooms day preppers readying themselves for the inevitable. Venezuela unleashing their EMP device or Obama turning loose his Negro Militia on white America.

The wack a do theories on Ebola are on the Kenyan Muslim level of stupidity.

Why, exactly, do we suddenly need an Ebola "czar" (proposed by GOP house member) when we can't even have a Surgeon General confirmed?
              I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flycoon View Post
                Under the current system, the poll workers have a list of registered voters with a copy of their signature from their voter registration card to compare the signature they write when checking in. Good enough until proven otherwise.

The only time I would like to see photo ID is for same day voter registration.

This entire argument for voter ID has all of the credibility of dooms day preppers readying themselves for the inevitable. Venezuela unleashing their EMP device or Obama turning loose his Negro Militia on white America.

The wack a do theories on Ebola are on the Kenyan Muslim level of stupidity.

Why, exactly, do we suddenly need an Ebola "czar" (proposed by GOP house member) when we can't even have a Surgeon General confirmed?
                The ebola stuff is proof positive that the media and govt. want us living in constant fear. It was funny, I saw a thing where Fox News (specifically Elizabeth Hasselback) was interviewing the CDC director and kept insisting this is scary and very dangerous despite what the director of the CDC said. Then saw another clip (best I have seen yet) of a Fox News anchor who laid out these crazy things called fact, and what we know. He did an incredible job listing how you get it, and why you don't need to be worried. Then of course in typical media fashion, they have him send it over to a reporter on the ground to cover it and scare people again.

Comment

• We wouldn't need an "ebola czar" if the Right Wing fuckwits would confirm the Surgeon General Appointee.
                  Last edited by ZeykShade; 10-17-2014, 11:32 AM.
                  To those who do not know that the world is on fire, I have nothing to say. - Bertolt Brecht

Comment

• Checkmate, asshole.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post

Checkmate, asshole.
                      Boom. Head-shot.

Comment

• If someone in Scott's campaign would have had a since of humor they could have posted a picture of an oscillating fan with the caption:

"This goes back and forth as much as Charlie Christ does"

At least that would have been a relevant dig with the whole fangate thing.

Comment

• Like it or not it is now the law in Texas.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ourt/17494191/

Comment

• Ya gotta love it when WW can no longer make an argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                              Ya gotta love it when WW can no longer make an argument.
                              6-3 vote says it was legal. Case is closed as far as I am concerned.

I was open to seeing what could be done to make it better than the way it is going. I have always said that the states that want to enact this type of legislation should do everything within their power to make sure that no one loses their vote.

But as long as some from the far left want to just cry about what will happen, instead of looking how to make it work without leaving someone off the rolls, oh well you lose your chance.

Comment

6-3 vote says it was legal. Case is closed as far as I am concerned.

I was open to seeing what could be done to make it better than the way it is going. I have always said that the states that want to enact this type of legislation should do everything within their power to make sure that no one loses their vote.

But as long as some from the far left want to just cry about what will happen, instead of looking how to make it work without leaving someone off the rolls, oh well you lose your chance.
                                Tea publican.
                                I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

Working...
                                X