X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good times...

https://twitter.com/keitholbermann/s...47388276088832

Windows and doors blacked out while they search the place.
    S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

• Yeah, the director of the Consulting Group in Annapolis was also the director of a lobbying group run by Paul Manafort and Roger Stone.
      To those who do not know that the world is on fire, I have nothing to say. - Bertolt Brecht

Comment

• Annnnnd, the company is known for "pioneering the use of technology" in campaigns and has done work for GOP candidates nationwide. Use of technology? Like microtargeting (with stolen voter data)?

God damn, is it going to be like this for the next 9-10 months while this goes down to completion? Like getting a new pony every day of the week!
        S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

• WH nixes possible Trump visit to FBI HQ; WH was told he was unlikely to be greeted there warmly, per @KenDilanianNBC
          https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/statu...66471109369856

Would save them time and gas if he turned himself in, though.

Seriously, when I heard about his plan to the FBI all I could think about was that botched visit to CIA HQ right when he took office and how he completely pissed of the intelligence community. They've been dead on him ever since.

Comment

• Marcy Wheeler(@emptywheel) put forward another possibility that would have spun Trump up pretty badly and caused him to fire Comey irrationally and recklessly.

He was tipped off that the investigation was inching toward Kushner's business/money laundering deals. She put forward that the only loyalty that Trump feels while demanding unwavering loyalty from everyone else, is to members of his family. Trump favors his son-in-law highly.

So, either the investigation was inching toward Trump and/or Trump Campaign and/or Kushner and Ivanka.

Either way, Trump has already broken the law that was used to impeach Bill Clinton. Asking the Director of the FBI if you're the target of an investigation while meeting with him about the future of his job, is pretty much the definition of Obstruction of Justice. Firing that same investigator is much farther beyond simply breaking a law, that's democracy threatening. That's Rule of Law threatening. If Trump is allowed to get away with this by the complicit shit-licks in the GOP Congress, they'll be complicit in turning this nation into a Nation of Men and overturning the Rule of Law.

No one is above the law, or why have them?
            To those who do not know that the world is on fire, I have nothing to say. - Bertolt Brecht

Comment

• Creepy but realistic too

I told a 40 year old co-worker yesterday (I'm 62+) that he's is living through history that will be talked about for years, and to soak it all in. How I lived through Watergate and Nixon's resignation before impeachment and that now this is his Watergate. He agreed and is eating this all up.
              Last edited by nutznboltz; 05-11-2017, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Well I really do not want any to jump off the cliff but the search warrants you are talking about are not related to anything with the Trump campaign or Russia.

From Kelly Rogers, the firm’s president...... told the Sun the raid was related to work the company performed during the 2013 Virginia gubernatorial campaign.*FBI spokeswoman Lindsay Ram confirmed the FBI Washington D.C. field office is conducting the investigation, but would not confirm the focus of the probe.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-raids...204846641.html

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news...l-11139883.php

At times I wish I had bought stock in Reynolds Wrap.
                Last edited by WaiverWire; 05-11-2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Trump signs an EO to try and satisfy his massive ego that he lost the popular vote by 3 million votes because of voter fraud.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ommission.html

He appoints Kansas Secretary of State, Kris Kobach, to head up the panel. Kobach is a noted voter fraud conspiracy theorist. Civil rights groups are not happy about another attempt to restrict access to the voting booths by Republicans.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...149910457.html

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer issued a scathing statement on Thursday, dismissing the commission as a “clear front” meant to restrict access to the ballot box for Americans who are poor, older, African American or Latino.

“Putting an extremist like Mr. Kobach at the helm of this commission is akin to putting an arsonist in charge of the fire department,” said Schumer, a Democrat from New York.

Comment

• Squirrel!
                    “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

• Originally posted by pete View Post
                      "The Rocket Docket" doesn't play around.

So the rumor is that there's two main federal cases being made here: a FARA (Foreign Agent Registration Act) case and a RICO case. There's also a rumor there a New York state grand jury that's either already empaneled or that is coming that is led by AG Schneiderman where the state jurisdiction kicks in because Wall Street banks were involved. Part of that rumor is one of the US Attorneys who was fired in the big purge transferred his files to AG Schneiderman in order to preserve them and make sure the case moved forward. This is all uncorroborated in the mainstream media, mind you, but a lot of this came out weeks ago and fits with what started to happen this week between Comey and Yates' testimony, Comey's sudden firing, the news that there is at least one federal grand jury empaneled, and today's word about at least one search warrant being executed.
                      Source

Comment

• http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...xons-watergate

Comment

• Although President Trump has now stated and written that fired FBI Director James Comey told him on three separate occasions that he was not the subject of an investigation, sources cast doubt on that claim.

It would be out of character for Comey to have made that statement even once, much less three times, to the president, one law enforcement source told CBS News. Along with his firing, the source noted a high level of "interfering" in the Russia probe.
                          http://www.cbsnews.com/news/source-t...inkId=37495658

Obstruction of justice. Plain and simple. And Trump's as much as admitted through his own interviews and the words of his surrogates and spokespeople over the past 24 hours.

Comment

• Marcy Wheeler(@emptywheel) put forward another possibility that would have spun Trump up pretty badly and caused him to fire Comey irrationally and recklessly.

He was tipped off that the investigation was inching toward Kushner's business/money laundering deals. She put forward that the only loyalty that Trump feels while demanding unwavering loyalty from everyone else, is to members of his family. Trump favors his son-in-law highly.
                            Yes, the rumor is that Jared is caught up in this too.

You'll be happy to know Ben Carson's name hasn't come up yet, though!

Comment

• Mr. Trump said in the NBC interview that “regardless of recommendation I was going to fire Comey.”

“In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story,” Mr. Trump said.
                              https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/1...&_r=0&referer=

Obstruction of justice.

Comment

• Sarah Huckabee this afternoon stated in her press conference: We want this thing to come to a conclusion and to make that happen we fired Comey.
                                “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

Working...
                                X