Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such incredible bull crap, WW. This is voter suppression.

I would have 10,000 fraudulent votes rather than suppress the many times that in legit voters who are turned away.

I assume you worship the founders as all right wingers do; kindly cite their take on voter suppression. Other than women and non white men, that U.S. sevens that is the GOP these days; white men.
    I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

• Originally posted by WaiverWire View Post

I challenge someone here to post a link that shows a paper or study from a legitimate source that shows that everyone that wants a better way to vote is doing so because they want to suppress the voters or they are racist.

A better way to vote?

How about we follow Australia and penalize those who do not vote?

Again, voter suppression.

I think anyone paying cash of more than $100 dollars for anything substantiate the source if that cash. They may be laundering cash or simply stealing fees from banks.

Who knew?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flycoon View Post
        Such incredible bull crap, WW. This is voter suppression.

I would have 10,000 fraudulent votes rather than suppress the many times that in legit voters who are turned away.

I assume you worship the founders as all right wingers do; kindly cite their take on voter suppression. Other than women and non white men, that U.S. sevens that is the GOP these days; white men.
        So there are no other racism in the republican party. Is that what you are saying?
        WaiverWire
        Steven Stamkos' One Timer
        Last edited by WaiverWire; 10-15-2014, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Here's how WW changes the subject when he can't support his argument: Waaaah!

Learn to read. I didn't call you a racist. I said there is inherent racism in the talking points you blindly subscribe to. But the way you get so defensive tells me you have at least some awareness that your party's voter suppression agenda is unfair to minorities and poor people. Own it.
          “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
            Here's how WW changes the subject when he can't support his argument: Waaaah!

Learn to read. I didn't call you a racist. I said there is inherent racism in the talking points you blindly subscribe to. But the way you get so defensive tells me you have at least some awareness that your party's voter suppression agenda is unfair to minorities and poor people. Own it.
            OMG is that the best you can do? You can't even give me a study with a link from a reliable source?
            Take it pm if you want to continue

Comment

• Now was that so hard Donnie? You came up with a good solution. Why can not a state be required to inform another state when you register in that state to remove you from the other state? Most states do that with your DL as I know in Florida they can tell you from what state you had a license and when you surrendered if.

And you are wrong about NC. They were looking at charging some with voter fraud from that program.

And read this from WNCN

Another 765 voters with an exact match of first and last name, date of birth and last four digits of their Social Security number were registered and voted in the 2012 general election in North Carolina and another state.
              When one passes on should not it be automatic that their name be removed from the voting rolls, much like how Social Security removes you from their payment system?

A report presented Wednesday by Elections Director Kim Strach to the Joint Legislative Elections Oversight Committee said 81 voters have a voter history later than the date of their death. The audit further identified 13,416 deceased voters on voter rolls in Oct. 13.

The information was found after DHHS provided more than 50,000 new death records to the State Board of Elections.
              http://www.wncn.com/story/25145787/r...er-fraud-in-nc

As far as a voter ID.......well if we can create a system that ensures the integrity of the voting process, without a photo I'm all in.

Comment

I challenge someone here to post a link that shows a paper or study from a legitimate source that shows that everyone that wants a better way to vote is doing so because they want to suppress the voters or they are racist.
                OMG! I know reading is tough, but look again at what you're asking. You want a link to a study that will reveal why people think a certain way?

Um, yeah. And how exactly would that work, tiger?

How about this deal — I'll find you a study that verifies the contents of your thoughts when you find one that proves unicorns are real.

Good luck!

Comment

• It is so, so awesome that this debate happened on a Wednesday so that we can see the Daily Show and Colbert Report's take tomorrow night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                    It is so, so awesome that this debate happened on a Wednesday so that we can see the Daily Show and Colbert Report's take tomorrow night.
                    Doesn't matter who won this debate or the election for that matter. Both chambers are still controlled by the republicans so Crist will not be able to push his agenda. Thus Tallahassee will have to ways to handle this. Act like Washington, or sit down and do what is good for the State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donnie D
                      I wonder if Rick Scott just lost the election at tonight's debate.

Rick Scott refused to come out for the debate tonight because Crist had a small fan at his podium. Yet according to Fox, the debate contract specifically allowed fans.

The moderator introduced both parties and Crist came out and Scott sent word that he wouldn't participate. The moderator announced that Scott refused to participate in the debate because Crist had a fan. So Crist asks if Governor Scott is really going to debate the issues facing Florida or if he was going to debate fans.

After 8 minutes, Scott awkwardly came out He was asked why he was late and he said that he didn't come out on time because he didn't think Crist was going to participate in the debate. Yet Charlie was standing on stage the whole time waiting for him.

Then at the end of the debate, the moderator asks Crist to say something nice about Scott. Crist said that he admired how Scott was handling the Ebola situation. Scott was asked the same question and said that he appreciated what Crist said.

What a botch job by Scott.

From what will be in today's TBO....

http://tbo.com/news/politics/scott-c...ight-20141015/

Take what you want from the article.

Comment

• As much as I wanted to stay out of this and tried to ignore the craziness, I feel the need to point out something WW is harping on. This idea from North Carolina of people being registered to vote in multiple states (or even doing so). These ID laws from my understanding will require you to show an ID when you vote. Unless you are of the belief that all 700+ people (FYI out of I believe something like 4 million + votes in that state) drove to other states for the election, these people would still be able to submit the absentee ballots that caused the fraud (assuming this is true and did happen).

One other thing worth pointing out. This is NOT the conclusion of the board. They found potential, and are investigating. There were claims in South Carolina of the same thing (around 900 here). They found over half were the result of clerical error by poll workers. The rest had various other issues (for example, people matching the SS# but forgetting to check the name as well). But I'm sure I'm wrong here, after all, I can't read (nor have I bothered doing more than skimming comments, so apologies if this has already been pointed out).

Comment

So there are no other racism in the republican party. Is that what you are saying?
                          Not at all. The leaders of the GOP are probably not racists, but they certainly manipulate racists to vote GOP. The only color the GOP cares about is green.

Reminder to self: do not type posts on Kindle HDX.

Who knew?

Comment

• I'll consider the NC voting story when there are indictments for voter fraud. Until then, it's a story about a security flaw that potentially could lead to voter fraud.

Another simple question: Who do you all think shouldn't get to vote?
                            To those who do not know that the world is on fire, I have nothing to say. - Bertolt Brecht

Comment

• Originally posted by ZeykShade View Post

Another simple question: Who do you all think shouldn't get to vote?
                              Politicians, lobbyists, etc.
                              Gudas Priest

Comment

• I'm not sorry I missed this debate, sounds like a royal clusterflock, but if people could still stomach voting for baldy before this, I doubt it would change their minds. Just makes us more of a laughing stock in the saner parts of the country.

Re: voter ID stuff (though it's obviously like talking to a brick wall about this) Conservative icon/federal judge changes mind on photo ID laws, issues blistering dissent against them

There is only one motivation for imposing burdens on voting that are ostensibly designed to discourage voter-impersonation fraud, if there is no actual danger of such fraud, and that is to discourage voting by persons likely to vote against the party responsible for imposing the burdens.
                                Interesting, eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X