This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sotnos View Post
    Very interesting. As my husband indelicately put it the other day, it's getting more & more full of old, dumb white people.
    Can confirm.

Originally posted by Sotnos View Post
    I have a few friends from Ohio & I visited several times in the 90s, especially in the NE corner. It was as described in these tweets even back then! Everything rundown, town centers with shuttered stores, huge pits full of rusted machinery on the outskirts. It was just a dump & super shabby.
    This is very true in the smaller cities and rural areas of the state. Meanwhile, the big 3 cities are rebounding fantastically. Just like you see in the election results, it's an increased polarization, and the two are certainly related.

Comment

• My friend is from Youngstown, her husband from Ashtabula. Both were pretty sketchy back then, can't imagine what they're like now. (They now live in the DC area, much more to their liking)

Comment

• Originally posted by nutznboltz View Post
        R's would have Merrick Garlanded her replacement
        I mean she could've retired before 2010, or well before 2016. Would be much harder to keep a spot vacant for several years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoek View Post
          I mean she could've retired before 2010, or well before 2016. Would be much harder to keep a spot vacant for several years.
          As long as McConnell is in charge of anything, politically, you can’t trust the right thing will ever be done.

Mitch McConnell is the second biggest problem in American government today. His wife reports directly to the biggest.
          S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

• BREAKING: The Florida Senate election has further narrowed. Nelson now trails by only 15,597 or .19%. Counting continues As I said earlier, I expect that margin to narrow further until recount. The outcome is currently unknown, but I would rather be Nelson than Scott.
            https://twitter.com/marceelias/statu...90919421292545

Also, Kyrsten Sinema just took the lead in AZ senate.
            S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

• There are several unresolved issues in Florida, where Bill Nelson currently trails by 21,888 votes (0.26%). One involves the large drop-off between total ballots cast in Broward County from the Gov to Senate race. It's out of whack with every other county in the state:
              https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/st...11294183804928

I presume that's where the ballot design flaw is.

Comment

• Trump sycophants love to play the victim card

https://twitter.com/GeorgePapa19/sta...95420823724032

Comment

• Brian Kemp's plan worked to perfection

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/41...waited-on-long

Comment

• Kellyanne Conway's husband helped pen an op-ed detailing why Trump's AG move may be unconstitutional. Methinks he's on the couch tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by pete View Post
                      Kellyanne Conway's husband helped pen an op-ed detailing why Trump's AG move may be unconstitutional. Methinks he's on the couch tonight.
                      That's by design probably and I can't say I blame him.
                      To those who do not know that the world is on fire, I have nothing to say. - Bertolt Brecht

Comment

• Newest #CA48 count: Harley Rouda (D) expands lead over Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R) from 1.4% to 2.4%. Thinking Rohrabacher's probably done.
                        https://twitter.com/Redistrict/statu...04007759556609

He can move to Russia to hang out with his pals Putin and Steven Seagal.

Comment

• Waiver standing up for treatment of women. Hilarious! Heaven help that young lady if she claims to be a victim of a crime ... the entire Republican Party would turn on her like a Game of Thrones plot twist.
                          “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Originally posted by WaiverWire View Post
                            Sorry, but that is no way to treat a lady. Totally disrespectful. I wonder if he treats all women that way.
                            I almost lost my eyes they rolled so hard. Give me an f'in break.

Comment

• Originally posted by pete View Post
                              https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/st...11294183804928

I presume that's where the ballot design flaw is.
                              Saw it last night, that is SO stupid. My ballot has the instructions across the entire top, not in a column.

Granted, I scrutinize these things & probably wouldn't have missed it, but I can see how it could happen.

Comment

• Have been going out in the Maine woods for the last 2 Saturdays chasing the ever elusive whitetail deer with my...high powered hunting rifle, and I am appreciative of my right to do so.

I proposed a few ideas for common sense legislation earlier in this thread, some of you agreed, amazingly. (The Lightnings colors are not the only blue here)

In light of the most recent California shootings, what is the (or your) solution in an attempt to stop these from happening?
                                gphockey
                                The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale
                                Last edited by gphockey; 11-09-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X