Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the new BP MB

I guess if you are seeing this announcement you have found your way to the new home of the BP message board. Drop either myself or sotnos a message if you see something awry. I think everything migrated OK, but there's probably something that slipped my attention.

A big thanks to those of you in the community who helped contribute financially to our upgrade. There's more to come with both the main prospect news site and mobile access to both these platforms.

This MB site has the latest mobile responsive interface, so please use your phone/tablet browser to enjoy mobile access to this site. We are working on BP Android and iOS apps with vBulletin for an even more custom and mobile access to the boards, but those are still being worked on. In the meantime, you should have a good experience from your mobile browser. Drop us note with any feedback or suggestions, or even better a post in the Janitor's Closet channel!

I'll provide more updates soon.

-- Timothy
See more
See less

What happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol nice. Being able to upload stuff directly definitely makes it easier.

Much better on mobile btw!

Comment

Hi everyone! Been gone a bit. Life happen(s)(ing)(ed). So is there a new app to use for this page on iPhone or doesn't need one?

Comment

Originally posted by jaydeedub View Post
        Hi everyone! Been gone a bit. Life happen(s)(ing)(ed). So is there a new app to use for this page on iPhone or doesn't need one?
        Doesn't need one, at least IMO. Very usable on a smaller screen.

Comment

Another issue I just found: I can't see page numbers for each thread on the forum index pages. For example, this thread is already on Page 2, but the forum index page just has one link (the thread title) which takes you to Page 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoek View Post
            Does it support Twitter embeds?

https://twitter.com/BoltProspects/st...67812402659330

Guess not. I don't see a way. Would be nice to add that at least since a lot of news comes from Twitter nowadays.
            I just posted a HowTo in the Janitor's Closet

Comment

Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
              Today’s posts was something I used multiple times a day to see whatever has been posted since the last time I looked. Can we get that back, please? There’s a form of it, but it’s much more complicated and difficult.

Also, all the threads show up really small with tiny buttons to see the last post. I don’t see anything like the little arrow box that I used to click in order to see only what was posted since my last visit. Thanks.

Please feel free to make fun of my advancing age.
              Let me see what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Zo View Post
                This looks really good!

It looks like a lot of the emoticons/smilies aren't working at the moment, only thing I've seen so far.
                Yup. I gave the vBulletin team the folder of all the smilies images, but they don't seem to have migrated correctly. I'll have to put in a support ticket to see if they can fix them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoek View Post
                  New Topics seems to reproduce the functionality close enough. Not sure.
                  Bolthed, I was thinking that the New Topic menu bar option gives you that similar functionality, but I think you are looking for New Posts. Check out this help link: https://forum.boltprospects.com/help...al_new_content. Seems like that view is for guests and not logged in registered users. Not sure at the moment how to open that view up to users other than guests.

Comment

Originally posted by timothy View Post

Bolthed, I was thinking that the New Topic menu bar option gives you that similar functionality, but I think you are looking for New Posts. Check out this help link: https://forum.boltprospects.com/help...al_new_content. Seems like that view is for guests and not logged in registered users. Not sure at the moment how to open that view up to users other than guests.
                    Bolthed: Next to the Forums tab is the Latest Activity tab. Click that and then there is a Filter dropdown button that allows you to customize your Latest Activity filter, which you can set to Today (and other options). For each entry there is a Go to Post link to take you straight to the post.

Comment

Is it possible to make the text on the site bigger? It’s like half the size of the old forum text and I didn’t see an option to change it in my settings.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBolt View Post
                        Is it possible to make the text on the site bigger? It’s like half the size of the old forum text and I didn’t see an option to change it in my settings.
                        Yeah, it is small. On a desktop computer you can change the text size of your browser by holding CTRL and rolling the mouse scroll wheel but that's just a work-around.

Comment

One other thing that’s a nuisance for me - I can’t go back to the board I’m viewing or move to another board from the bottom of the page. Have to go back up to the top for that.

Comment

Originally posted by timothy View Post

Yup. I gave the vBulletin team the folder of all the smilies images, but they don't seem to have migrated correctly. I'll have to put in a support ticket to see if they can fix them.
                            This appears to be working now!

Comment

How do you block and unblock people? Some people aren't showing up for me in the forum even though they are making posts, no idea why
                              If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Working...
                              X