Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the new BP MB

I guess if you are seeing this announcement you have found your way to the new home of the BP message board. Drop either myself or sotnos a message if you see something awry. I think everything migrated OK, but there's probably something that slipped my attention.

A big thanks to those of you in the community who helped contribute financially to our upgrade. There's more to come with both the main prospect news site and mobile access to both these platforms.

This MB site has the latest mobile responsive interface, so please use your phone/tablet browser to enjoy mobile access to this site. We are working on BP Android and iOS apps with vBulletin for an even more custom and mobile access to the boards, but those are still being worked on. In the meantime, you should have a good experience from your mobile browser. Drop us note with any feedback or suggestions, or even better a post in the Janitor's Closet channel!

I'll provide more updates soon.

-- Timothy
See more
See less

What happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened?

Site was inaccessible for a few days. Is there a need for an upgrade?
    "To Serve Man" It's a Cookbook!

Upgrade is happening soon. I think it just crashed today though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoek View Post
      Upgrade is happening soon. I think it just crashed today though.
      Ok. BP Staff: send me a pm if financial support needed

Comment

I'm not sure what happened to the announcement Tim posted but here it is again from the Discord:

"I'm happy to announce that we are commencing with activities to migrate the BP Message Board to the very latest vBulletin 5 platform, cloud-hosted with full support for iOS and Android mobile apps. I'm not sure exactly the switchover date, but it will be soon. The new BP Message Board is being setup and sometime this weekend (I anticipate), I'll be doing a database dump for migration to the new home.

I'm hoping the transition will be seamless to all the users, but in some cases it might not be. I'll set up some way to handle support issues for situations in which user accounts don't work on the new instance. I'll post back here when I have more concrete information on the date/times and any particulars to share. There will also be a new BP website unveiled as well, but I wanted to get the message board migrated first since this board here is hosted on that site's same server. Once we get the MB migrated off this server, then we can start rolling out the new web site -- which should also be more mobile friendly to view.

Stay tuned...."

Edit: Oh it's here, http://boltprospects.com/forum/announcement.php?f=9

Originally posted by jdhebner View Post
        Ok. BP Staff: send me a pm if financial support needed
        For financial support you could subscribe to the BoltProspects Patreon. https://www.patreon.com/boltprospects

Comment

Done. Thanks!

Comment

We're back! Looking good.

Comment

Oh, this does INDEED look good

Comment

Looking for folks to go to your mobile device browser and check it out and report back any feedback. As I mentioned in the Announcement above, we are also in the process of working on BP mobile apps for Android and iOS, but for now the mobile web browser is the way to access the board from your mobile device. I'm eager to get feedback on this mobile method.

Comment

Does it support Twitter embeds?

https://twitter.com/BoltProspects/st...67812402659330

Guess not. I don't see a way. Would be nice to add that at least since a lot of news comes from Twitter nowadays.
                  Last edited by Hoek; 10-13-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by timothy View Post
                    Looking for folks to go to your mobile device browser and check it out and report back any feedback. As I mentioned in the Announcement above, we are also in the process of working on BP mobile apps for Android and iOS, but for now the mobile web browser is the way to access the board from your mobile device. I'm eager to get feedback on this mobile method.
                    Posting this from my android. Everything is working, though you can't see the avatars of the last person to post on the main screen (does that make sense)? I like the ability to restore the text after I switched off the page.

Comment

Youtube posts are working alright.

Comment

This looks really good!

It looks like a lot of the emoticons/smilies aren't working at the moment, only thing I've seen so far.

Comment

Today’s posts was something I used multiple times a day to see whatever has been posted since the last time I looked. Can we get that back, please? There’s a form of it, but it’s much more complicated and difficult.

Also, all the threads show up really small with tiny buttons to see the last post. I don’t see anything like the little arrow box that I used to click in order to see only what was posted since my last visit. Thanks.

Please feel free to make fun of my advancing age.
                          Last edited by Bolthed; 10-13-2020, 03:19 PM.
                          “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

New Topics seems to reproduce the functionality close enough. Not sure.

Comment

This was a joke I tried to get off about the Conn Smythe voting but couldn’t because it was so friggin hard to upload a picture on the old site. Let’s see how it works now.

Comment

Working...
                              X