No announcement yet.

Soccer (General)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Atlanta played like crap in Orlando last night and still won again 1-0. Orlando still hasn’t beaten Atlanta in the three years of United’s existence, managing just two ties in nine lifetime matchups.

IMO, Atlanta’s real rivalry will be with Nashville once they come into the league. Orlando doesn’t seem to have the resources or the plan to seriously compete.

Atlanta has US Open Cup Final on Tuesday against Minny.

Also, evidently there’s strong rumors United’s getting a NWSL franchise, too, and announcing it soon.
    S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

• Orlando City fans talk so much trash to Rowdies fans on Twitter but they still don't have an MLS team.

Comment

• I'll give them credit, they're a lot more talented than they were at this time last year, especially with the Uruguayan DP they debuted last night. But, they just can't beat Atlanta to save their lives.

My only concern is Atlanta exerted too much energy in the humidity and it'll hurt them on Tuesday in the US Open Cup Final. If Atlanta wins Campeones Cup and US Open Cup, it's kind of already a successful season and anything else they do in MLS Cup Playoffs is gravy.
        S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

• Atlanta wins US Open Cup 2-1. Had to hold on for dear life at the end of the game after LGP got his dumb ass thrown out of the game. Atlanta clinches a spot in CCL again next season. Third trophy in less than a year for the club.

Comment

• LGP sure loves getting stupid reds. All of the trophies!

Comment

• Boca vs. River in Libertadores semis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoek View Post
                LGP sure loves getting stupid reds. All of the trophies!
                Everything but MLS Supporter's Shield. That'll have to wait until at least next season, though.

Miles Robinson finally got his well-deserved callup to USMNT and he'll probably get to play against Mexico and/or Uruguay. Will be interesting to see how he does against some international big boys.

Comment

• So, I had to get ESPN+ to watch the US Open Cup final and it's actually pretty good if you've got a smart TV like my Samsung that can run it seamlessly. Along with all the extra content like all the USL matches you get on there, you get full access to the 30 for 30 library.

Have you ever seen the documentaries White, Blue, and White and The Opposition, Hoek?

Comment

• I have ESPN+ for the Rowdies, MLS, and FA Cup and like it a lot but I haven't checked any of those documentaries out yet. White Blue and White sounds really interesting though.

Comment

• I think you’ll definitely like that one. The one about the Chilean soccer team during Pinnochet’s coup is also crazy.

Comment

• Speaking of which, it's more of a biopic than a documentary, but there's a new series on Netflix about the life of Carlos Tevez called Apache. I'm only halfway through it but it's pretty decent. Kind of shows you what kind of rough upbringing he had in the projects of Buenos Aires and how he overcame it.

Comment

• Berhalter has learned precisely nothing from the last game against Mexico. This is tiresome.

Comment

• USA manage to score a goal and tie Uruguay.

Meanwhile Argentina is utterly destroying Mexico 4-0 after one half without Messi and mostly fielding a young lineup. Scaloni isn't that amazing a coach but he is showing those guys south of us are nothing special.

Comment

• Well... Atlanta just beat San Jose 3-1, but Josef Martinez was stretchered off in the Second Half with an apparent knee injury. Hard to imagine United repeating if Josef is not available.

Comment

• Ouch.

Rowdies already have a playoff berth but they are blowing out Bethlehem in the first half 4-0. If other results go their way they might go first again.

Comment

Working...
                                X