No announcement yet.

Soccer (General)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know what fixes most of those issues? Jeff Vinik. Vinik gives you the means to finance a stadium and the connections to guarantee a MLS franchise, no questions asked. He's a whale in this game. Edwards is only slightly more than a minnow.
    S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

• Support Al Lang pimping this article as well.

http://soccerstadiumdigest.com/2016/...the-forefront/

Comment

• Atlanta United continuing to be built as Argentina North. Now looking to acquire 2-3 more players on loan from the Argentine league.

http://www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/2016...-transfer-news
        S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

• Gonna need some vets to help them out, but really excited to see how it goes!

Comment

• Major news coming tonight from @TampaBayRowdies, concerning future of the franchise. @WFLA will be there.
            — Dan Lucas (@WFLADan) December 6, 2016

Comment

• Announcement streaming at the top of the hour from Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/TampaBayRow...5496873248835/
              Last edited by Hoek; 12-06-2016, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Hah biz journal just spoiled it. It's MLS and stadium push!

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...e.html?ana=twt

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoek View Post
                  Hah biz journal just spoiled it. It's MLS and stadium push!

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...e.html?ana=twt
                  $80M reno to add fewer than 11K seats? Will it be "trumped out" in gold leaf?
                  I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

• The existing part is going to need some more serious renovations, IMO. I assume there's going to be suites as well. All privately funded so if they got the money it's all good. I have to look up the cost of recent MLS stadiums but I think $80 million is a steal in comparison.

Edit: Orlando City's stadium is nearly twice as much at $155 million for 25k seats. Same architect.
                    Last edited by Hoek; 12-06-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• So the announcement rates a second page article in the Times with no pictures. For something that could potentially dramatically change St. Pete's waterfront. After all the anguish over that stupid pier. Wow.

Meanwhile across the bay in Tampa, WFLA sent a live reporter to the announcement and brought back t-shirts and scarves to the anchor desk.

WTF.

Comment

• I'm not a fan of Pro/Rel for the MLS as it exists but with more and more teams and owners showing serious interest in getting to the MLS I can see them doing a closed Pro/Rel in the future with more than 2 steps if they can keep getting more and more minor league teams doing strong
                        Gudas Priest

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoek View Post
                          Las Vegas might work and he was recently there to push their stadium deal, so maybe he abandons Miami for them
                          Well well... lookee here!

Pedro Heizer @pedroheizer

Hearing that #DavidBeckham's bid for #MLS2Miami may be over and that the Englishman is taking his clout (and checkbook) to #LasVegas.

Did I call it or what?

This could be HUGE for the Rowdies bid. It would also explain why there don't seem to be any objections about Miami FC moving from NASL to USL.

Comment

• Atlanta United continues fleshing out their roster...

Rumors this week are that in January they will finalize the acquisition of their third and final designated player: Andres Guardado of Mexico.

Additionally, the rumor came out today that Atlanta is in position to pluck US goalkeeper Brad Guzan off re-entry waivers when he comes back across the pond for the 2017 season. That comes on the heels of a rumor that Atlanta is about to trade (and apparently this trade is still on) for Chicago Fire's Sean Johnson (ex of UCF).

Atlanta's also apparently about to trade for veteran centerback Michael Parkhurst from Columbus, ex of the US National Team for 25 caps.

This is added to players they have already acquired, which include Miguel Almiron (Paraguay), Junior Burgos (ex-Rowdies), Kenwyne Jones (Trinidad and Tobago), Chris McCann (ex-EPL veteran), and Hector Villalba (Argentine league regular already at age 22).

They have a ton of work to do to build a backline, but between what they've acquired, what they're rumored to acquire (2-3 more young Argentine forwards coming on loan, too), and what will be available in the Expansion Draft, they'll have a ton of attacking players to work with Tata Martino.

Comment

• MLS announced the list of cities pursuing expansion. Here they are sorted by media market size:

1) Tampa-St. Petersburg (#11)

2) Detroit (#13)

3) Sacramento (#20)

4) St. Louis (#21)

5) Charlotte (#22)

6) Raleigh-Durham (#25)

7) San Diego (#28)

8) Nashville (#29)

9) San Antonio (#32)

10) Cincinnati (#36)

"Major League Soccer intends to identify its next two expansion teams during the second or third quarter of 2017—likely the third, according to commissioner Don Garber—and those clubs will begin playing by 2020, the league announced Thursday afternoon. MLS then intends to begin crafting a timeline for the selection and entry of teams No. 27 and 28. "
                              Last edited by Hoek; 12-15-2016, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• From what I understand MLS really likes St. Louis and I think they'd be foolish not to look at Raleigh and its growth potential. I'd think that's the steepest competition.

Comment

Working...
                                X