NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft

Thought I'd start a thread to discuss the Bucs and the draft in general...

Doesn't look to be much drama. Likely McCoy.

Comment

The Lions need an OT for Stafford, but I really don't think they can pass up Suh.

Comment

The Fins gave up on Ted Ginn already, shipping him to the 49ers for a 5th rounder.

Comment

Let's hope my Browns don't trade three picks to go up and get Bradford...

would be a bad mistake..

WISHFUL MOCK
          Rams -- Bradford
          Lions -- Suh
          Bucs -- McCoy
          Skins -- Okung
          Chiefs -- Bulaga
          Hawks - Clausen
          Browns - Berry

Comment

Unfortunately its hard to get motivated to cheer for football. I'll start caring about the Bucs when they have new owners.

I'll be watching to see where the college kids go though. Tebow..all of the kids from the Florida schools; definitely not worth my entire day though like how they usually push their drafts.
            If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Originally posted by Hoek View Post
              The Fins gave up on Ted Ginn already, shipping him to the 49ers for a 5th rounder.
              Just another in a long line of busts from THE Ohio State University. Does my heart good.
              I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

Bucs front office couldn't possibly screw up their first round pick with either Suh or McCoy, right? Well, after last year (trading up for a questionable QB prospect when Percy Harvin was sitting there AND there are much better QB prospects in this year's draft) I just don't trust them at all.

This has to be a pivotal draft haul for the Bucs. With four of the first 67 picks and one of the first three picks on Saturday in a deep talent pool, they need to emerge with at least four needs filled.

Lots of options, lots of moves they could make in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I fully expect them to draft a DT, WR and DE. After that, they could use a corner, another offensive playmaker and maybe even another middle linebacker if Brandon Spikes takes a tumble.

I think they'll go hard after defense, but I expect them to use one of those second-rounders on a receiver, too.
                “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Originally posted by Flycoon View Post
                  Just another in a long line of busts from THE Ohio State University. Does my heart good.

Comment

I wonder where Freeman would be slated to go had he stayed for his senior year. KState had a decent season without a QB. Because Synder schedules two AA schools, they didn't get enough A wins for a bowl game, though they had 6 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                      I think they'll go hard after defense
                      As well they should, and in particular, they need to desperately upgrade the front four. At the minimum, they need an impact DT and DE out of this draft, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with a couple of one or the other.

Would love for Suh to fall to us, but not likely. I like McCoy, but something worries me about him. Would love for us to end up with Tyson Alualu or Brandon Graham.

Hovan and Sims just aren't going to get it done. Really like Roy Miller though.

Wouldn't mind Golden Tate, Jordan Shipley, Erik Dekker, Toby Gerhart, Demaryius Thomas, or Dexter McCluster to name a few. There's a couple TE's I like, but I doubt that's a position we draft.
                      "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
                      - Samuel Adams

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
                      - George Mason

I find it funny that some are in such a hurry to be happy little slaves.

Comment

Demaryius Thomas
                        Whoever takes him is going to have to wait 3 years for him to develop, because he only had to run like 3 different routes in Georgia Tech's offense (the fly route, the 10 yard hook route, and the quick hitter right at the line of scrimmage) and he's never had to read a defense, but I can tell you that physically that guy is a stud. He scored several times where they'd just throw it out to him at the line of scrimmage and he'd stiff arm the corner straight down and outrun the defense 50-60 yards down the sideline for the score this year. He could be a better player than Derrick Morgan 5 years down the line.
                        S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                          Whoever takes him is going to have to wait 3 years for him to develop, because he only had to run like 3 different routes in Georgia Tech's offense (the fly route, the 10 yard hook route, and the quick hitter right at the line of scrimmage) and he's never had to read a defense, but I can tell you that physically that guy is a stud. He scored several times where they'd just throw it out to him at the line of scrimmage and he'd stiff arm the corner straight down and outrun the defense 50-60 yards down the sideline for the score this year. He could be a better player than Derrick Morgan 5 years down the line.
                          It may take him 3 years to develop into his full potential (should be pretty scary when he gets there). Which I'm okay with mostly for the reasons you stated...the kid is simply an explosive playmaker. It also doesn't hurt that he's not a bad blocker.
                          "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
                          - Samuel Adams

- George Mason

Comment

He's an awesome blocker. You can't play wideout at Tech now unless you can block for the A-back coming around on the pitch.
                            S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

Only obvious problem is he most likely won't be there in the 2nd round.
                              - Samuel Adams

- George Mason

Comment

Working...
                              X