Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoek
    replied
    That's a good way of putting it. I definitely empathize with her and no way should you do such a dangerous sport if you're not in the right spot mentally. But all this hero talk is a bit much. She's already a hero for what she went through with the Nasser ordeal.

Leave a comment:

• RSchmitz
    replied
    First thing I thought about was Kerri Strugs, I just don’t agree with the applause, personal sacrifice is part of the reverence of representing a nation at the Olympics. Once you agree to go, you have a responsibility to make sure you go all the way. If you have a nervous breakdown, that deserves empathy, but I don’t think it’s worthy of reverence

Leave a comment:

• Hoek
    replied
    It's kind of questionable to do that after denying someone else a spot on the team. It's also weird to talk about having so much pressure on yourself after basically inviting it and bringing it on with all the GOAT references on her leotard and social media accounts. But she has the right to take care of herself if that's what's going on.

Leave a comment:

• nutznboltz
    replied
    I could understand why she did it; I don't understand why she decided it was an issue now, while in Tokyo competing with her team. She must have been having these feelings and second thoughts for a long time, did she feel pressured by the USOC to go and represent her country? It takes a lot of courage to do what she did, knowing the fall out that will occur stateside, but she has to do what is right for HER not anyone else. She will still be considered the GOAT of USA gymnastics.

Leave a comment:

• RSchmitz
    started a topic Olympics Tokyo 2020/2021

Olympics Tokyo 2020/2021

Biles drops out for mental health issues, will probably be a polarizing issue for many here.
Working...
X