• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolthed
    replied
    This is a feature, not a bug.

Team (Stu) says “We can’t afford proven starting pitchers.”
    Team (Stu) says “We have to go with what we’ve got, which is prospects, rookies and other inexperienced players.”
    Team wins 100 of 162 regular season games.
    Team loses 3 of 4 playoff games for an unexpected and early winter vacation.
    Team (Stu) says “Look at those 100 wins. We just got unlucky. Nothing to see here. We believe in our process. We’re gonna stick with it. … Oh BTW, enjoy all of your favorite players while they’re here, because we can’t afford to keep them for more than 3-6 years. … Oh BTW, you fans suck and we’re leaving unless you build us a palace by Spring 2028.”

You see where this is going?

Leave a comment:

• RSchmitz
    replied
    Simple equation to me, you add Morton and Snell into the starting rotation the team doesn’t have to score 7 runs every game. Quality, experienced starters are so important and especially in a short series, but we suddenly found ourselves in desperate need of it.

On the bright side, team is about to relocate to Montreal

Leave a comment:

• Hoek
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasBolt View Post
    Playoff baseball is so stupid. You play six months and 162 games to definitely figure out who the best teams are, and then in October they toss all that in the trash and flip coins for a month.
    I don't get why the first round is only best of 5.

Leave a comment:

• Bolthed
    replied
    I rarely blame umps/refs, but that crew made some game- and series-changing calls up there in Boston. Very frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• Puckhead
    replied
    Gritty to tie it at 5, but Lowe with an Ofer didn’t help. As Fly/Jon said, it was a repeat performance. Gotta credit the Sox bats. Solid.

Leave a comment:

• RSchmitz
    replied
    welp

Leave a comment:

• TexasBolt
    replied
    Playoff baseball is so stupid. You play six months and 162 games to definitely figure out who the best teams are, and then in October they toss all that in the trash and flip coins for a month.

Leave a comment:

• Puckhead
    replied
    Back, meet wall.

Leave a comment:

• Bolthed
    replied
    Ughhhhh

Leave a comment:

• Derek28
    replied
    I still like the Rays chances, but the pitching was always going to be a pretty big question mark heading into the playoffs. The starters are all essentially rookies, and a lot of the bullpen guys (McHugh, Kittredge, etc...) have been worked a ton.

Leave a comment:

• Flycoon
    replied
    Lowe is in post season form.

Leave a comment:

• Puckhead
    replied
    Lowe and KK are MIA. And the pitching was atrocious—zero to 14 in 24 hours?? But, nothing like getting smacked upside the head with a piece of ash in order to focus and get back on track.

Leave a comment:

• nutznboltz
    replied
    Brandon Lowe smdh, stellar regular seasons, then he looks lost in the postseasons. Nerves on a big stage, better pitching? Who knows, but we need him to step up and contribute something. Pitching all around was horrible last night, so they better figure something out before Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Puckhead
    replied
    The former Ray Eovaldi was stout last night. I still like the Rays chances, even with two rookie starters taking games 1 and 2. William Hill has Rays -150 to win the series. Got slip today...Rays 5.5-1 to win the World Series.
    Last edited by Puckhead; 10-07-2021, 04:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RSchmitz
    replied
    All of this without probable Cy Young finalist Glassnow. Somehow the team doesn’t fold after that, but got stronger

Leave a comment:

Working...
X