Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WaiverWire
    replied
    One of 2 things may change this. The dog track on Gandy would be the logical choice as it moves the Rays closer to Tampa.

OR

Mr. Vinik gets involved, even after saying "no'. It would make so much sense for a stadium to be in the downtown. This would bring people to Mr. Vinik's other venues such as Sparkman's Warf year round and possibly keep a steady stream of rooms filled at his hotels.

Leave a comment:

• Derek28
    replied
    The money is in Pinellas but the people are in Hillsborough. That's pretty much the main problem. Stu was never going to put $400-500 million on the table. They could build a new stadium in St.Pete, but what would the realistic attendance increase be? They aren't going to build a new stadium for 15-17 thousand people to show up. They probably would need at least 23-25 thousand and I doubt that happens in St.Pete.

Leave a comment:

• Puckhead
    replied
    Yeah, that's too bad. I was hoping it'd work out for Ybor and downtown. Not considering the huge financial considerations of any new ballpark, I still think that Tampa could support the Rays. But, maybe it's just wishful thinking from afar..

Leave a comment:

• Bolthed
    replied
    Starting to feel like the Rays are Lucy teeing up that football for Charlie Brown.

Leave a comment:

• Hoek
    started a topic Rays/MLB 2019-20

Rays/MLB 2019-20

Ybor city plans are dead.

Last edited by Hoek; 12-11-2018, 06:13 PM.
Working...
X