No announcement yet.

Bucs/NFL 2019-2020 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah, teams definitely do not offer fair market value when they have the option of those tags for two years. Only unrestricted free agents get the going rate. During those two tag years it’s always presented as, “Do you want long-term security or do you want to bet on yourself?” WRs have it tough because their risk/reward proposition is so dangerous and expensive. Godwin definitely just lost at least $10-15 million in guaranteed money over the course of his career. It’s sucks. He’s a great player and a great kid. For all of those reasons, I have a strong sense the Bucs’ offer last spring was at least 5 years and at least $40 million guaranteed. And if he had made it through this season in good health, coming off a career year, that guarantee would have gone up to at least $55, maybe even $60 million, which is close to the roughly $66-70 million guaranteed that he was worth. Was. Pre-ACL tear. It sucks for him, it sucks for the Bucs. It sucks for the fans. But we and they love him and I expect they’ll do right by him. They’ll pay him decently for a rehab/comeback/prove-it year (more than any other team will offer) and then if all goes well, Godwin will break the bank on a long-term deal … one year later than he had hoped.
    “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasBolt View Post

I thought he kind of pulled backwards on Jameis, like a horse collar tackle. But I might not be remembering it exactly right.
      No, you remember it right. He was flagged for a horse-collar tackle because he grabbed Winston above the numbers. I just think the rule is meant for more clearly dangerous pull-downs, yknow, the ones by the actual collar. But my bias might be showing.

I thought the personal foul was completely warranted. The fine was not. Again, my opinion, but I thought the league fined White only because of the severity of the injury and because Saints fans wanted their pound of flesh.

Not of it means that White’s play was dirty IMO, just not legal.

Comment

• Honestly, AB lasted longer than I expected before having another total meltdown.

It's kind of hard to see this team repeating with how mediocre they have played recently. It's pretty clear that Godwin and Fournette are the two most valuable pieces of our offensive scheme. At least Gronk looked good today, and Brady clearly has a decent connection with Grayson.

Comment

• What a nutcase, that redemption story turned into a dumpster fire.

Somehow survived the day with all of the shenanigans, I think this team can stitch itself back together and win as long as we have the GOAT
          If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• I'm actually concerned with AB's health after listening to Brady, hope he gets the help he needs
            If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• He’s looney tunes. It’s was just a matter of when, not if, he would blow his last chance. Can’t imagine he’ll play in the NFL again, but lots of people said that before we signed him last year. Thanks for helping us win the Super Bowl, but good riddance to a bad human being. Peace out indeed.

As far as on-the-field, yes it hurts badly to lose arguably our two best wide receivers. Evans is great and I love him and he’s probably a Hall of Famer, but his connection with Brady has never been what Godwin or Brown had. Perriman is solid but has never been truly reliable at any time in his career. Johnson has ability but still seems green and slightly not quite ready for prime time. Grayson is a helluva story. Maybe we can git’r dun by committee. It’s a real concern.

Add Lavonte and Shaq to that list of guys we really miss. Thank goodness that they, like Fournette, have a chance of returning for the playoffs. Maybe we have to scrape n scrap n claw our way to the second round before we get as healthy as we can be, but as some other smart guy already said, we’ve got the GOAT.
              Bolthed
              Steven Stamkos' One Timer
              Last edited by Bolthed; 01-02-2022, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• AB is like the Kanye West of football. Brilliant when dialed in but both clearly suffering from mental illness. They both need some serious help and time out of the spotlight to get themselves cared for. I imagine they both also have some so-called friends who are really acting as enablers.

Also hopefully now the Bucs go back to finding actual good young players on the waiver wire instead of trying all these reclamation projects like Le’Veon Bell, who is just washed up.
                TexasBolt
                Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles
                Last edited by TexasBolt; 01-03-2022, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Bucs going hurry up or no huddle with Brady calling plays = Great
                  Bucs going normal tempo with Leftwich calling plays = Awful

At this point it's pretty much a trend that this offense operates so much better in no huddle. It's nice that we ended up getting the #2 seed, now lets just hope that Lavonte and Shaq are good to go because we will need them against the Eagles run game

Comment

• Was so excited about the #2 seed until I realized only the #1 seed gets a bye now.

Comment

• After the way everything shook out after the Bucs game ended, they have a real shot of winning it again. Not much chance of them playing the Rams, the Saints are out completely, and at least two home games.

Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
                      Bucs going hurry up or no huddle with Brady calling plays = Great
                      Bucs going normal tempo with Leftwich calling plays = Awful
                      I think that was just because they only had 1.5 RBs today and they couldn’t really run the ball. If you’re going to throw almost every play then you might as well go no huddle if you get a favorable matchup.
                      TexasBolt
                      Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles
                      Last edited by TexasBolt; 01-10-2022, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
                        Was so excited about the #2 seed until I realized only the #1 seed gets a bye now.
                        Guaranteed two home games and slightly easier matchups still kind of big though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoek View Post

Guaranteed two home games and slightly easier matchups still kind of big though.
                          Definitely a good thing but this team could really use the extra week to get healthy. Bye would have been massive

Comment

• GBay had a major schedule advantage. They are vulnerable. Hopefully someone goes in there and knocks them off for us.

Comment

• Looks like the Bucs got a bye after all!

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasBolt View Post
                                Looks like the Bucs got a bye after all!
                                Giving up the garbage time points pisses me off. Same as garbage time goals in hockey.
                                I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

Working...
                                X