No announcement yet.

Bucs/NFL 2019-2020 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like we’re gonna be pretty dang healthy (knocking on a big ol pile of wood) with AB, Winfield, RoJo and Vea. Only guy I haven’t heard about is Whitehead.

Should be a helluva game.
    “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Vea had an immediate impact last game. A banged up chiefs oline is going to be in trouble
      If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• Remarkable difference with him in the game. He forces the interior linemen to double him, freeing up our edge rushers and blitzers. He’s a load.
        “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Can’t believe one qb made that much of a difference. GOAT
          If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• The Chiefs couldn’t block anyone with their makeshift line and the Bucs’ defense was ferocious. Any QB other than Mahomes gets sacked like 10 times. He was really the only KC player besides Kelce who I thought was playing well.

I was thrilled when the Chiefs didn’t even get a meaningless TD at the end. The Bucs deserved that with how well they played.

Comment

• SUPER BOWL CHAMPS BABY YESSSS WE DID IT!

Mad props to Brady of course, but holy cow our defense was absolutely balling. Worthy of being the 2nd Bucs team to win it all for sure. Even the 2002 guys have got to be impressed by that utter domination.

Comment

• Yep, going in we thought the D-line was going to destroy them but somehow they beat those expectations.

Comment

• Our O-line played fantastic too like they did all season, and our running game was effective.

Somehow the Rays made the world series and they are the underachieving franchise this year. Has any city ever had at least 2 championships and 1 more make it to the end?

Comment

• Another city had 2 championships just this year - Los Angeles (Dodgers and Lakers).

According to Wikipedia (and they are never wrong ) 2 teams from the same city won championships in the same "season" 18 times. I use same season because Tampa didn't win 2 championships in the same year. Yet.

A city had 2 championships and 1 runner up at least one other time. The Yankees & Devils both won in 2000 and the Mets lost the World Series to the Yankees that year. But given that New York has 2 football teams, 2 baseball teams (at times 3 teams), 2 basketball teams and 3 hockey teams, I think what Tampa did with only 3 teams is far more impressive.
                    “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

• I know that but have any had a third team make it to the final game/s?

Comment

• Only seven metro areas have won multiple major championships in the same year.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
                          I know that but have any had a third team make it to the final game/s?
                          The Mets did, losing to the Yankees
                          “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Donnie D View Post
                            Another city had 2 championships just this year - Los Angeles (Dodgers and Lakers).

According to Wikipedia (and they are never wrong ) 2 teams from the same city won championships in the same "season" 18 times. I use same season because Tampa didn't win 2 championships in the same year. Yet.

A city had 2 championships and 1 runner up at least one other time. The Yankees & Devils both won in 2000 and the Mets lost the World Series to the Yankees that year. But given that New York has 2 football teams, 2 baseball teams (at times 3 teams), 2 basketball teams and 3 hockey teams, I think what Tampa did with only 3 teams is far more impressive.
                            The Giants also made it to the Super Bowl in January 2001. It was the one in Tampa where they got clobbered by the Ravens.

Comment

• It's crazy to me that Kansas City didn't adjust at all. Everyone knew the mismatch between our d-line and their o-line and they didn't ever think to put an extra TE in to block or have the runningback chip blocks.

It was an incredible season and the crazy part is that it still kind of feels like this team hasn't reached the peak of what they are capable of. We will have to see how much of this group they will be able to keep, but they should still be loaded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
                                It's crazy to me that Kansas City didn't adjust at all. Everyone knew the mismatch between our d-line and their o-line and they didn't ever think to put an extra TE in to block or have the runningback chip blocks.

It was an incredible season and the crazy part is that it still kind of feels like this team hasn't reached the peak of what they are capable of. We will have to see how much of this group they will be able to keep, but they should still be loaded.
                                Getting Vea back helped out a ton. I hope we can get top end secondary help this offseason

Comment

Working...
                                X