Bucs/NFL 2019-2020 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucs/NFL 2019-2020 Season

And Koetter has been fired. That was quick.

Seems like Licht is staying on. Probably gets one more year.
    Last edited by Derek28; 12-30-2018, 07:30 PM.

Thought they'd wait at least till tomorrow
    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
      And Koetter has been fired. That was quick.

Seems like Licht is staying on. Probably gets one more year.
      How in the hell does Licht keep his job? He is the constructor of this mess. I’m surprised that he’s still here.
      To play the game is good,to win is better, but to love the game is best of all. Anonymous

Comment

Licht has a relationship with Bruce Arians who would probably be at the top of their list for a coach. I would also guess the improvement at the end of the season form Vita Vea and Carlton Davis along with the great play from JPP and Nassib helped.

Comment

It's gotta be because of Arians. No way would I want to come here as the new guy with the possibility of a different GM coming in 2020.

If they are going to take the risk of another offseason with Licht, what they really need to do - both as insurance for 2019 and to build for the future - is hire a team president of football operations. Mr. Derrick Brooks, please.

Comment

How about anyone with strong ties to the NFL coaching and scouting networks? We don’t need a figurehead to make us all feel nostalgic. We need an experienced adult in the room who can wield his resume to win arguments and make decisions. We need someone with vision, because Licht has done nothing but collect talent (and miss a lot) without any coherent plan. A president fixes that + upgrades over our past years of hiring debacles + tells the GM and coach how to not embarrass the fuck out of the organization when garbage people like DJax and Doug Martin and ASJ trash the franchise. There needs to be a helluva lot more order and discipline.

But instead of hiring a president to do all of that, the incompetent Glazers contracted a coaching search firm. Rinse repeat cycle continues.
            “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

They ran Rich McKay off to Atlanta several years ago. It’s been a shit show ever since.
              S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

Yep, that was the beginning of the end of the brief period of having a competently run organization.

Comment

Rumor in Atlanta is Koetter may be coming back to be the OC of the Falcons again given that Matt Ryan loves the guy. Not sure how that works considering Quinn wanted a zone blocking philosophy in the run game.
                  S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

Bucs interviewed Arians today for the coaching job. Sure seems like we are headed in that direction.

Comment

With those weapons, he’ll tilt the pinball machine. A lot depends on who he’d get to be DC, though.

Comment

Would imagine his first choice would be Todd Bowles given that he was fired by the Jets and was his DC in Arizona. I'm hoping they bring in a young offensive coordinator that has head coaching potential to step in for Arians after a few years.

Comment

Brent Grimes is a whiny little bitch. Revealed himself in the Times article.
                          I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by Flycoon View Post
                            Brent Grimes is a whiny little bitch. Revealed himself in the Times article.
                            Just read that, wow. Don't let the door hit you on the way out
                            If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Arians - yes, please! I don’t mind his age and health concerns, because I actually think it would force the Buccaneers to have a plan for once. It would create a sense of urgency to win now with Arians, and have a long-term plan of succession for whenever he retires from coaching for good. Plus, he’s got the added incentive to fix the losing culture and win in order to possibly move up to the front office when he’s done. As for coordinators, Bowles and Freddie Kitchens would be home runs, but what you have to like about Arians is that he’s coached in the NFL for so long that he could sleepwalk his way to a better staff than anything we’ve seen here in years.

Grimes is a dog. The worst part about him and his ridiculous wife is that they’re so unbelievably full of themselves that they can’t even comprehend what damage this little anecdote does to his reputation. He’s done. AND he exposed himself as a dog of a professional athlete. Bucs fans will get over it quickly the same way we did with other dogs like Chris Baker. They’re not worth the energy and emotion. But what about Jason Licht? This is yet another stain on his resume. He supposedly begged this washed-up, me-first little punk to come back to the Bucs TWICE!! And anyone who doesn’t have Grimes for a last name could have told ya that Brent looked washed up and less interested in 2017. So Licht got exactly what he deserved. It’s a bad look for Licht, and I can only hope it’s not a pipe dream that a crotchety old man like Bruce Arians could come into this organization and instill some discipline and respect for the game that has been sorely lacking. Licht has now let a long list of issues go unchallenged. Doug Martin’s entire 2017 season, Jameis poking a New Orleans player while injured on the sideline, Evans cheap-shotting the same player, Chris Baker laughing about costing his team a game and then being called out by teammates to his face, and now Grimes and DeSean Jackson this year. Both just took a shit on this entire franchise. Nothing was done to any of them. And worse, nothing was ever said about any of these incidents as far as them being bad or wrong or not what the Buccaneers are about. Deafening silence from an incompetent GM. What do you think it does to young players to see DJax be a little bitch, talk shit about the quarterback, request a trade out of this mess, and then be NAMED A CAPTAIN! There’s your losing culture, Glazers. And you kept Jason Licht around why?
                              Last edited by Bolthed; 01-05-2019, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X