Niko Huuhtanen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niko Huuhtanen

I've been watching a bit more junior hockey recently, and Huuhtanen has really started to stand out among our younger prospects. He was the final pick of this years draft, and was selected second in the import draft by Everett (WHL). It took him about a month to settle in, but he's really started to take off.

First 15 games: 1 goal, 5 assists

Last 15 games: 14 goals, 11 assists

He's still going to need to improve his skating, but his shooting talent might be the best in our entire system.

A little update

Last 25 games: 21 goals, 20 assists. He's also had four scraps this season and loves the physical game. To put it in perspective, there are four players that are ahead of him in scoring from his draft class age (2003) or this years draft class (2004). The two from last year was a kid drafted 9th overall and a kid drafted 47th overall. The two 2004 kids are both projected 1st round picks. Huuhtanen was the last pick in last years draft.

Comment

Al Murray, ladies and gentlemen

Big Al, take a bow please
      “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

I'm always hesitant to get too excited about physically mature forwards in their +draft years without seeing them in person, especially ones who need to work on their skating. Imama comes to mind as an extreme case of just how much the added muscle can skew effectiveness in juniors.
        If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Imama was a 20 year old in the score happy QMJHL when he had his 40 goal season. Niko is 18, and is a late June birthday which put him at the younger end of his draft class.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
            Imama was a 20 year old in the score happy QMJHL when he had his 40 goal season. Niko is 18, and is a late June birthday which put him at the younger end of his draft class.
            He’s still a big boy, 6’2” 210 pounds. Much easier to dominate lower levels with size and average skating

Not saying he won’t be good, just doesn’t strike me as anything special yet
            Last edited by RSchmitz; 02-01-2022, 06:49 AM.
            If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Perbix playing tonite for USA. Looks pretty good so far.
              Bolts72

Comment

Yeah, Perbix is basically the prototype modern NHL defenseman. I truly believe that if you put him in Syracuse tomorrow, he would instantly be that teams best defenseman.

Comment

I hope he signs!
                  “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Hat trick last night puts Huuhtanen at 35 goals and 72 points in 57 games. Tied for 7th in the WHL for goals.

Comment

Working...
                    X