No announcement yet.

Boris Katchouk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno. I read reports in yesterday’s news on the TV deal that the flat cap is expected for more than next season. It could be 2-3 years before it goes up because of TV money.
    “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTHalO View Post

Didn't they say this offseason gourde refused to waive his ntc? I can't imagine that changes.
      I vaguely remember reading that he wasn't even asked
      If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Originally posted by Derek28 View Post

His NTC becomes modified after the 21-22 season where he has to submit a list of 23 teams he would be willing to accept a trade to.

It's worth mentioning that we don't know what will happen with the cap. Maybe the new TV deal increases the cap by the start of the 22-23 season.
        I thought I read there was an agreement for a flat cap for 4 seasons. To in part recoup from these past few.

Comment

I wish. But TSN estimates that the players owe the owners more than a billion dollars. Sports Illustrated said it's 1.25 billion. The added revenue helps repay the debt, but it's only $150 million a year.
          Last edited by Donnie D; 04-28-2021, 07:53 PM.
          “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

Debt forgiveness ... for the good of the league. Why force teams to dismantle their rosters just so a bunch of guys can get underpaid as free agents?

We know the owners can afford it if the league prospers. Why should “Build back better” not apply to sports? Are any other leagues making their players cover losses in revenue? I know baseball did it last year and I know the NFL did no such thing. Not sure about hoops, but I doubt it.

Maybe the league could allow each owner to decide how much, if any, debt they’d be willing to forgive from their players. We all know Vinnik would do right.

Comment

Thanks for the laugh Bolthed.
              “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X