Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feaster in Prince George

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Feaster in Prince George

    As you may have read on the front page of BP...

    Feaster was in PG last night to see Dane Crowley and Dana Tyrell.

    Crowley's up for a contract, obviously, being an overager, but he's had a lackluster offensive year. His goals are up, but assists are down. However, he's been asked to be more of a stay-at-homer this year. One of the writer's in Everett told me preseason he thought Crowley could flirt with 50 points. Not gonna happen.

    It also appears that the only places Tyrell can play next year is PG or Tampa Bay. PG will not make the playoffs this year... I wonder what the chances are of Tyrell being signed and put on the expanded NHL roster at the end of the year to practice with the team.

  • #2
    Originally posted by chad View Post
    It also appears that the only places Tyrell can play next year is PG or Tampa Bay. PG will not make the playoffs this year... I wonder what the chances are of Tyrell being signed and put on the expanded NHL roster at the end of the year to practice with the team.
    If Prospal, Gratton, or god-forbid MSL is moved by the trade deadline, there will be yet another hole to fill on the forward ranks. I could see it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by timothy View Post
      If Prospal, Gratton, or god-forbid MSL is moved by the trade deadline, there will be yet another hole to fill on the forward ranks. I could see it.
      Ideally, he'd be developing in the AHL next year. With Lessard in the fold now and Keller coming on, as well as Harju a possibility... it may be unlikely.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by chad View Post
        As you may have read on the front page of BP...

        Feaster was in PG last night to see Dane Crowley and Dana Tyrell.

        Crowley's up for a contract, obviously, being an overager, but he's had a lackluster offensive year. His goals are up, but assists are down. However, he's been asked to be more of a stay-at-homer this year. One of the writer's in Everett told me preseason he thought Crowley could flirt with 50 points. Not gonna happen.

        It also appears that the only places Tyrell can play next year is PG or Tampa Bay. PG will not make the playoffs this year... I wonder what the chances are of Tyrell being signed and put on the expanded NHL roster at the end of the year to practice with the team.
        Is he ineligible to play for Norfolk next season because of his age ?
        Scoob in Springy.

        Comment


        • #5
          According to a member of the PG press, with close ties to the junior club, Tyrell cannot play in the AHL next year. He has to be 20 and he turns 19 in the next month or so.

          He could play in the NHL... and could use the 8 (or is it 10) game tryout next year if needed before being sent back.

          PG just had a firesale and didn't trade him off for younger players/bantam picks. I was told Tyrell will be the captain there next year. They're counting on him returning.

          But... I haven't seen anything from the Lightning about it.

          I'm not sure which is the lesser of two evils for him next year. Continue his WHL career (with what looks like it's going to be a middle-of-the-road-at-best Cougars squad next year)... or let Torts play him 3 minutes a night in Tampa.

          Comment


          • #6
            Feaster - and Loiselle - were in Vancouver last night for the Giants-Tri City game. It did not involve any TB prospects, but there were some guys they have identified in the draft they were watching.

            Colton Yellow Horn was playing - one of the Dub's leading scorers and a member of the Lightning for the Traverse City tourney. Feaster was asked about him and his reply to the Vancouver Province paper was the door is not shut on CYH.

            Feaster was asked about him, but had glowing remarks about the Americans' goaltender, Chet Pickard - who was ranked No.1 NA GT by CSS in their midterms. He's 6'2", for those who know TB targets big goalies.

            They will see Fadden vs. Tyrell tonight (SAT) and go to EDM on Sunday.

            More on the BP front page soon...

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm sure Pickard... but do you think they were also taking a look at Kruise Reddick, Eric Mestery, and Lance Bouma?

              Comment


              • #8
                Must be. And Wright. Reddick is a little small for their liking, but we could be seeing a continuance of a shift in draft philosophy, too.

                I don't see how they would draft Pickard with the glutton of young GT in the system and likely draft position. They're not taking him with an early first pick and then they don't pick again until the third as it stands now. Unless they get a first in a trade somewhere, but even then, that should go on a FWD.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Feaster/Loiselle witness a 9-0 shellacking of PG in PG last night. Fadden only had 2 assists, Boychuck 1 assist.

                  I kind of hope Feaster saw the mess that is the Cougars right now and is finding a way to get Tyrell out of there.
                  Last edited by chad; 01-27-2008, 01:52 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Get Goertzen to forge Tyrell a new birth certificate.
                    S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yellow Horn

                      I do hope that Yellow Horn gets an invite at least the ADs camp again. He is just putting up great numbers. While that's no guarantee of future success, what is there to lose?

                      The Bolts needs to develop forward scoring, especially in the minor league system, in the worst kind of way. He is definitely worth a look.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Feaster gave a review of the trip (just TB prospects).

                        Now on the front page - or just click this

                        Looking good for Tyrell and Fadden. Crowley getting a contract seems to be iffy right now.

                        Tyrell can't play in the AHL next year, unfortunately, unless Jake gets on that birth certificate doctoring.

                        There is a possibility something could be done with Tyrell at the end of his season. I'm not sure in what capacity - they're still deciding.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          More on Feaster's trip (Trib)

                          One topic that came up during Feaster's conversation with Tyrell was the potential to work his way onto the Lightning's roster if he can make a good impression during Coach John Tortorella's infamously grueling training camp.

                          "I don't know about that," Feaster said. "Obviously that's his goal, but we talked to him about coming to camp and trying to make the hockey club out of camp.

                          "He's going to have to get stronger and I don't think he has any sense about what 'Camp Torturella' is all about."

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X