Rutta not put on waivers for AHL playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rutta not put on waivers for AHL playoffs

Bolts sent Gaunce back to SYR, but didn't send Rutta as he'd have to clear waivers. Bolts apparently didn't want to do that and he may go play for the Czech Republic at the Worlds instead.

Interesting and may indicate that he's the affordable D they're keeping from the set they have to either ditch or re-sign for next season.
    To those who do not know that the world is on fire, I have nothing to say. - Bertolt Brecht

I expect he'll be paid either the same, or a bit less to be our 3rd pair RHD.
    Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

If Rutta is in our top 6 defensemen breaking camp next season, something very wrong happened in the offseason. His play in the post season should prove that he is not starting caliber on a team with championship aspirations. A 7-8 defenseman for sub $1 million is fine, but he's not a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
        If Rutta is in our top 6 defensemen breaking camp next season, something very wrong happened in the offseason. His play in the post season should prove that he is not starting caliber on a team with championship aspirations. A 7-8 defenseman for sub $1 million is fine, but he's not a starter.
        Merit and cap space are two entirely different considerations.
        Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

Sounds awesome.

Comment

I’ve seen enough of Rutta for a lifetime, thank you. He’s not Ian Herbers bad, but he’s damned sure no Nolan Pratt either. Hard pass.
            S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

Gotta agree. I liked what I saw initially, but he's 7th D at best. To fill minutes for lack of 6, and then 77--way over his paygrade.
              "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                I’ve seen enough of Rutta for a lifetime, thank you. He’s not Ian Herbers bad, but he’s damned sure no Nolan Pratt either. Hard pass.
                More like Harlan Pratt.

Comment

Masin

How is Masin doing with his rehab after his injury?

Comment

Working...
                  X