Ingram Demoted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not like Tampa Bay is Ottawa.
    S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

Originally posted by KuchieMonster View Post
      Why does such a successful organization have so much trouble with guys? Drouin, Deangelo and now Ingram. These guys go to other organizations and we don't hear a peep about issues.
      You are joking, right?
      “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

Why does such a successful organization have so much trouble with guys? Drouin, Deangelo and now Ingram. These guys go to other organizations and we don't hear a peep about issues.
        What are you on about? So much trouble with guys? Seriously?

DeAngelo had issues in Arizona, who shipped him to NYR, who have shuttled him back and forth from the AHL last season and he is now apparently wearing out his welcome as their coach has made him a healthy scratch multiple times this season.

Drouin wanted to be treated as a star without ever having earned his stripes. Now he is "the guy" in Montreal, but his on ice performance hasn't matched the Montreal hyped expectations. He's not in the A, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to win a Messier award. Frankly, his totals were always going to be depressed because he is setting up guys with far less finishing ability than our roster.
        Last edited by dannybolt; 03-23-2019, 07:49 PM.
        Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

Yeah so far the guys we've had issues with have had issues everywhere else. Montreal fans have the same complaints about Drouin that we've had. The team won't do much to him because they already committed too much money and talent in acquiring him to admit a mistake, plus him being French Canadian.

Comment

Originally posted by dannybolt View Post
            What are you on about? So much trouble with guys? Seriously?

DeAngelo had issues in Arizona, who shipped him to NYR, who have shuttled him back and forth from the AHL last season and he is now apparently wearing out his welcome as their coach has made him a healthy scratch multiple times this season.

Drouin wanted to be treated as a star without ever having earned his stripes. Now he is "the guy" in Montreal, but his on ice performance hasn't matched the Montreal hyped expectations. He's not in the A, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to win a Messier award. Frankly, his totals were always going to be depressed because he is setting up guys with far less finishing ability than our roster.
            I guess it's more of what is wrong with these guys where they can't just fall in line and play hockey. They get the chance to play for a winner and live in a great place to be for the winter months. They also are probably losing out on money because you play for us, you are gonna get the best out of yourself.

Comment

Having thought about this a little bit more, I think I would flip your statement on its head: The Lightning are such a successful organization precisely because they don't keep problem children in the organization. Once they realized DeAngelo was DeAngelo, he was gone. Once Drouin let management know he wanted to be paid like a star, before he earned it, he was gone.

I think they are an organization that is team first, which you can see from the deals that Stamkos, Hedman, and Kucherov signed, as well as from the low turnover in the roster over the last few years. DeAngelo and Drouin are me first guys. Not team first. I think the Lightning took both for their skill, hoping that being in a strong organization could dampen their worst instincts. My hunch is that you won't see those high risk-high reward picks as much going forward.

Whether or not any of the above applies to Ingram is anyone's guess.
              Last edited by dannybolt; 03-23-2019, 10:46 PM.
              Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

I think it's a fair question about why we have wasted picks on multiple guys with locker room/coaching issues, but they certainly arent because of tampa (as has been seen in what they have done elsewhere). But I'm not going to lose my mind over it. My only worry is I expected ingram to be the cheap backup in 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                X