Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the new BP MB

I guess if you are seeing this announcement you have found your way to the new home of the BP message board. Drop either myself or sotnos a message if you see something awry. I think everything migrated OK, but there's probably something that slipped my attention.

A big thanks to those of you in the community who helped contribute financially to our upgrade. There's more to come with both the main prospect news site and mobile access to both these platforms.

This MB site has the latest mobile responsive interface, so please use your phone/tablet browser to enjoy mobile access to this site. We are working on BP Android and iOS apps with vBulletin for an even more custom and mobile access to the boards, but those are still being worked on. In the meantime, you should have a good experience from your mobile browser. Drop us note with any feedback or suggestions, or even better a post in the Janitor's Closet channel!

I'll provide more updates soon.

-- Timothy
See more
See less

2020 NHL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen in depth footage on all of these players, but here is a few guys that I'm interested in seeing where they land tomorrow:

Forwards:

Yevgeni Oksentyuk 5'8" 163lbs
    Luke Tuch 6'2" 203lbs (younger brother of Vegas winger Alex Tuch)
    Carter Savoie 5'10" 192lbs
    Egor Sokolov 6'4" 223lbs
    Zayde Wisdom 5'10" 195lbs
    Will Cuylle 6'2" 204lbs

Defensemen:

Tyler Kleven 6'4" 200lbs
    William Villeneuve 6'1" 180lbs
    Luke Prokop 6'4" 220lbs
    Louis Crevier 6'8" 220lbs (camped with the bolts last year)

Comment

Nick Capone was the USHL version Tom Wilson last year. As nasty as they come.

Comment

RLR called him he second best fighter in this draft.
        S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
          RLR called him he second best fighter in this draft.
          That's kind of odd. He had one preseason scrap in the USHL last year and none during the season.

Comment

My favorite pick of the day was the Max Groshev pick. I get a Denis Gurianov vibe off of him. He's already getting top pro experience in the KHL with Nizhnekamsk, so I think he could transition to the NHL quickly.

Second favorite was the Jack Finley pick. Home run swing with top two line upside.

Third favorite was the Eamon Powell pick. He kind of sucked it up for the team and played a more stay at home type cover-up role for Sanderson on the USNTDP, but he's way better than that. Super good skater. Good skill level. Smart. My hope is you get this young man in a NCAA strength and conditioning program at a blue blood program with Boston College and maybe he goes full Dan Boyle.
            S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

Didn’t see anyone describe Finley’s upside on top two lines. Wanna elaborate, please?
              “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

I can't speak for the scouting reports, but from what I seen from him I think he's more of a 3C in the mold of an Adam Lowry from Winnipeg. A big shutdown center can be a really valuable asset, but I'm not sold on his offensive upside.

Comment

Personally did not like the first 2 picks and really liked everything after.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                    Didn’t see anyone describe Finley’s upside on top two lines. Wanna elaborate, please?
                    RLR thinks he tops out as a Ryan Johansen type player.

Comment

JBB compared the Finley pick to trading up to get Point. Definitely a player to keep an eye on
                      If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Working...
                      X