Lightning at Avalanche - Game 5 - 6/24 8PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning at Avalanche - Game 5 - 6/24 8PM ET

It's do or die for the first time since the Leafs series.

I have the feeling that 88 is going to throw a zero at the Avalanche.
    "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

Man, every time you think it might be over with this team, it’s not over.

Comment

This also set a new record for the most playoff wins in a three-year span. That’s 46 now. Although to be fair, you only needed 15 wins in the 1980s to raise the Cup so the Islanders maxed out at 45.

Comment

They are also playing the 4th 50 win team in the playoffs, previously the most 50 win teams any other team has played is 2. It is amazing they have enough left in the tank after this gauntlet to play a gutsy game like this on the road.

Comment

They’ve faced 464 points worth of teams in this run. The highest number I could find before that was something like 430 on one of the Kings’ Cup winning teams. This is the most challenging run of all time and it’s not even close.

Comment

All the pressure now on Colorado. PK and PP finally came through. Lightning getting out of their zone much quicker. Lightning proved they can win altitude!
              Bolts72

Comment

That was a hell of a response after how the last game ended, and with how Colorado keeps scoring off skates. Give us another two games like we had tonight; I think Colorado's well of lucky bounces has run dry.

Comment

There have been 14 game winning goals this playoffs and I swear it feels like Palat has all 14 of them

Comment

Some ancient Chinese wisdom: The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

In other words, Killorn - score a freaking goal already!

Comment

Just two more needed! Both our wins are in regulation and we've been outplaying them 5v5 for the most part, with most of their goals being fluky bounces lately. Hopefully the puck luck starts breaking our way because man that would be epic and deserved.

Comment

This by far would be the most impressive run in Lightning history . Except for OT in game 4 Lightning have been the better team. After winning two straight Cups Lightning just will not give in. Palat has been the quiet star and has to be resigned.
                        Bolts72

Comment

How? I just heard an analyst on NHL radio today suggest he might be able to land a 5-year, $30 million deal ($6M AAV). Would you trade Killorn, who is on PP1 and kills penalties and is signed for a lot less for one more year? This playoff run might very well price Palat and Paul out of reach.
                          “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Lets turn the thing around...You guys that are cap savvy: What could we afford to offer Palat? And while we're at it, same for Paul. And if the figures are not too far apart, what are the chances one or both of them re-sign? Palat has only had one coach in his career. Is it worth a mil or two to walk away from Coop and basically start over with another group of players and a new coach?
                            "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

$6M AAV is not that much more than Palat gets right now ($5.3M). But I'm not sure I would want to be on the hook for that when he's 35 or 36 years old. The front office has proven they can find quality, affordable assets on other NHL rosters. I think they might have to go back to that well here.

Comment

Working...
                              X