No announcement yet.

Lightning vs. Rangers - Game 6 - 6/11 8PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like Shesterkin is due for some regression after this year. He seems a lot more like a Jose Theodore, JS Giguere, Jaroslav Halak type who has an insanely good year early in his career and then never hits those heights again.

Comment

Saw replay of Lafreniere head shot on Hedman. Should certainly have been a penalty as Hedman’s head was the only point of attack and Lafreniere left his feet. Actually a suspendable hit. Fortunately Hedman came back. Suspect there will be some retribution next time Lightning play the Rangers.
      Bolts72

Comment

Originally posted by dmaxf9 View Post
        Saw replay of Lafreniere head shot on Hedman. Should certainly have been a penalty as Hedman’s head was the only point of attack and Lafreniere left his feet. Actually a suspendable hit. Fortunately Hedman came back. Suspect there will be some retribution next time Lightning play the Rangers.
        Stammer would welcome giving him another beatdown.
        "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

Sherstikin is about a year younger than Vasi. Not a kid; have to wonder what took him so long to get there.
          I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBolt View Post
            I feel like Shesterkin is due for some regression after this year. He seems a lot more like a Jose Theodore, JS Giguere, Jaroslav Halak type who has an insanely good year early in his career and then never hits those heights again.
            Same here. He was having rebound control issues and the game winner he allowed was a total flub by him. His fundamentals aren't THAT good, he's just really aggressive in reading plays develop. That can come back to bite you when you get it wrong.

Comment

Shesterkin has only played in 100 NHL games not including playoffs while Vasilevskiy has played in 365 regular season games. Let’s see if his success is sustainable.
              Bolts72

Comment

Nice job boys!!!!
                Really great team effort to overcome 0-2 series deficit.
                Mission 4
                Go Bolts

Comment

Originally posted by Flycoon View Post
                  Sherstikin is about a year younger than Vasi. Not a kid; have to wonder what took him so long to get there.
                  Or … what a freaking legendary generational talent our Vasi is to have come into the league and become dominant so fast. Guy might win 3 cups by the age of 27. He could still play another 12-13 years! We might be watching the best goalie in history. By the time he’s done there might be no debate.
                  “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

I look at it this way…..
                    The AVS have beaten which goalies.
                    They’ve faced backups in two different series. Connor Ingram was a backup for the Bolts 3 years ago in the AHL a rookie goalie in for Rittich who tried to play thru an injury. Kadri took out Bennington in game one to end that series and then they played against the Oilers who were a one line team and a 41 year old Mike Smith an OK goalie but not top shelf.

The Lightning have snuffed out every high flying team in the playoffs for the last couple years. I believe with their D playing like it is and the GOAT Goalie in net at the old age of 27 they could do the same to the AVS. If and I say if Point gets back in the lineup then they could wrap it up in five if not 6/7 games.

This is the first team EVER since they went to full seven game series for each round to make three Stanley Cup finals in a row. The teams in the past played a combination of 3,5 and two seven game series which changed in 1987 to a full four rounds of seven games.

This win would enshrine them as the best Hockey Team ever….
                    They lost the all world third line, Gourde, Goodrow and Coleman along with Tyler Johnson last year. They were arguably the best 3rd line in the last 15/20 years of hockey over a two year period before being dismantled. In the hey day of Montreal, Oilers, and Islanders those players would have still been with the team and getting more top echelon players to fill out the roster of all Stars while winning winning again…. It is Amazing in the Cap world to accomplish this feat.

With that I close with the following…. Yes, I’ve been hard on the team, you call it pessimism I call it looking for more greatness from a group who are much more capable on any given night than what they sometimes show.

Each player to a man realizes the magnitude of where they are not a single player on this team will be taking a night off this is History in the making.

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️ GoBolts ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
                    The journey starts

Comment

Originally posted by jdhebner View Post
                      If Steven Stamkos is not a first vote HOFer, I'll eat cilantro. Oh God and the Canadian sportswriters are shitting themselves over the Calgary non-goal from 20 years ago.
                      Both of those sentences cracked me up, JD. I love cilantro. And the Gelinas "goal"...the puck never fully crossed the line.

ABC showed a computer image the next day that removed the goalie pad and crossbar from the overhead view. From the side view, the puck was on end, but tilted, and you could see some white ice between it and the goal line. But the (unobstructed) overhead view showed that about half the puck was actually still hovering over the goal line. No goal, good call, Lightning won the Cup, after 18 years get over it already canuckleheads.

Comment

Judging by several great regular season contests, I am expecting a great and very close series … and hoping we win, of course. They can start by taking Game 1 or 2 or both, please.
                        “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Hard to handicap this series when these two teams go to OT/shootout virtually every time they meet

Comment

Books have AVS at -165-180. That's a pretty solid favorite. Those numbers will change dramatically when the Bolts take a game in Denver.
                            Last edited by Puckhead; 06-14-2022, 08:44 PM.
                            "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

Stick to the structure and be patient and they will be fine. Avs goalies are a hot mess so no need to force things, the goals will come and if we can get 3 per game I don't see any way Vasy will give up more than that 4 times in 7 games.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBolt View Post
                                Hard to handicap this series when these two teams go to OT/shootout virtually every time they meet
                                Regular season series are particularly meaningless for the Lightning anyway. We were 0-2-1 against the Rags, and lost the overall regular season series to the Leafs and Turds as well I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X