Lightning vs. Rangers - Game 3 - 6/5 3PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning vs. Rangers - Game 3 - 6/5 3PM ET

Maybe the early start throws the Rangers off more than us...

Backs against the wall after losing 2 in a row for the first time since 2019. Expect a great effort. Hope that plus better discipline make the difference.
    “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Outshot 'em, outchanced 'em and outscored 'em. The better team won today.

Messup, and Fuckraro almost echoed the refrains of Foster Hewitt, after a loss to the Canadians, "Well, the Leafs played their usual strong game tonight, but...."
      Suck it, Messup.

On to a 2-2 series.

"Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

Gallant whining about Bolts’ plan to crowd Igor Shesterkin’s crease: “It fazes me more than him. I don’t like it, I don’t think it’s a big part of it. Hopefully, when we talk to the supervisor tomorrow, they’ll take care of some of that because It wasn’t right.”

Comment

We beat them 5/5 today and finally started going after the puck and winning those battles. Good game now we need to do it again. Phew no sweep either.

Comment

It took longer for the eventual payoff than we would've liked, but great to see that hard work cash in with a W! This could be a turning point if we can follow it up strongly on Tuesday. Gotta think the Rags are a bit rattled after pissing away a 2-0 lead.

Comment

Much better effort. Lightning still haven’t had much puck luck. Rangers really sagged after 2 goal lead. Lightning’s will all there today. Vasilevskiy was back on his game. Paul’s PK effort really got the building rocking. Rangers top line plus Fox on for Palat’s winning goal. Need same effort and outcomeTuesday nite.
              Bolts72

Comment

The Zibanejad line (wow that guy has a canon) was really ineffective 5 on 5, the Cirelli line did a great job on them. The "kid line" of the Rangers had some good shifts, but didn't threaten nearly as often as they did in the first couple games.

Can someone clue the Penaly Kill units in on the fact when Panerin skates the puck toward the net on the PP he's going to pass over to Zibanejad for a one-timer? It was open all night long and they got at least 5 on the net from it. We'd probably be better off having one killer dedicated to him and playing the rest as a 3 on 4.

Stamkos's PP goal was a beautiful thing to see, but how about that pass from Perry? I think he's tired of losing late in the postseason.

I've been waiting for Killorn to realize the playoffs have started (0 goals in 14 games) but I thought he played a really good game tonight.

Comment

Yeah Killorn was skating pretty hard at least, drawing a critical penalty during that 4min PK. Just hope he knocks in a goal and gets going soon.

Comment

The Lightning appear to be having difficulty forcing the Rangers outside and they continue to get chances in the slot area.
                    Eliminate that
                    We need to continue to press heavy forecheck and shots. Keep the grit factor up.
                    Skate like the wind
                    Stay out of the box
                    Vasy - steal one, preferably two games
                    We are up against a scorching hot goalie in Igor, knew it going in. I was hoping for the Canes, oh well. He needs to cool down.
                    Kuch - Continue to play make and keep the attitude.
                    Could use a goal or two out of Cirelli and Killer

Captain understatement says.....Need to win both game 4 and 5 bad

BTW, I was wrong about Stamkos, I wanted to trade him a few years ago (no not just for Sean Kuraly Bruins 4th liner and a bag of pucks either) but if you set him up, deadly. Love the way he is sniping now.

Kudos to the Rangers for a great season regardless of how this turns out.

Comment

Anyone who cares can go find your post where you absolutely did suggest we trade Stamkos for Kuraly.

Comment

If we can figure out special teams they have nothing
                        If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Man, their power play is hard to defend with great passers Fox and Panarin probing and moving around so much and Zibanejad sniping from Stamkos’ office and Kreider cleaning up in the slot. They’re goooood, and we have to walk a very fine line with our physicality, especially at MSG where you know the refs are itching to satisfy their degenerate fans.

Comment

Bloody Refs missed 6 guys on the ice for the rags and no call. Dipheads need to call those and even out the calls on the rags.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                              Man, their power play is hard to defend with great passers Fox and Panarin probing and moving around so much and Zibanejad sniping from Stamkos’ office and Kreider cleaning up in the slot. They’re goooood, and we have to walk a very fine line with our physicality, especially at MSG where you know the refs are itching to satisfy their degenerate fans.
                              I'm ready to give anyone other than Zibanejad a clean shot on Vasy during the PP. Let's see them score a PP that doesn't start with his howitzer.

Comment

Working...
                              X