Lightning vs. Panthers - Game 3 - 5/22 1:30PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning vs. Panthers - Game 3 - 5/22 1:30PM ET

The start of the B2B at home, at a matinee time. We have a nasty habit of dropping the first home game in a series. Same thing happened last year after we won the first 2 in Sunrise. Will they learn their lesson and take a commanding lead in the series this time?

Excited to see how we do with the last change, no more stacking against Kucherov
    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

not feeling good about the matinee, hard to figure how NHL allocates what is perceived to be optimal viewing. It is the Stanley Cup, not a regional baseball game or college softball.

Comment

Also hard to predict what the tone of this game will be. If the Turds come out with speed and stretch passes it could be a track meet. If they come out with more sandpaper, it could be a ruckus. We’ve beaten them in every which way, but so far this postseason they haven’t really tried the track meet approach. Wouldn’t surprise me to see some elements of that in the mix. They’re gonna try to do something different, right? I just want us to stay disciplined. Don’t give ‘em chances to wake up from PP slumberland.
        “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Their track meet game depends on us taking risks and turning the puck over. We've been pretty careful not to feed that cherry picking game so far. If they manage to get a two goal lead on us it could get out of hand as we press to catch up.
          Last edited by Hoek; 05-22-2022, 12:15 PM.

Comment

All major sports books give the Bolts a slight edge in this one. That being said, we know that our guys are fully capable of playing it any way necessary to result in a W. A win today gives more time for 21 to mend for the next series.
            "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

Clinical
              “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

It was very entertaining to hear the crew gush, on and on, about the stifling game the Bolts threw on the kitties. Did Barkov, Huberdeau, Ekblad hit the ice? Oh yeah, I remember what looked like warmups passing between themselves, looking for the perfect shot--that chances are, was blocked anyway. A total dismantling of this Cup pretending team. Burnette will need lots of Pepcid after this one, and more when the Bolts crush them again, tomorrow.
                "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

Panthers have looked like the 18-19 Lightning team all season. High flying offense that outscored their problems in the regular season. That doesn't work in the playoffs and they don't have a coach with the experience to out-scheme the bolts defensive structure. Just need to finish it off tomorrow and hopefully get some decent rest.

Comment

Vasilevskiy dialed in and team committed to D, That formula difficult to overcome. Florida’s D has been ordinary at best. Ekblad quality but rest of D except maybe Weeger are really journeymen. Lightning’s will on show led by their top players. Brunette just not in Cooper’s class.
                    Kucherov and Stamkos on a mission.
                    Bolts72

Comment

It’s really impressive (and embarrassing, depending on how you look at it) that after two Cups in a row and an absolutely back-breaking amount of hockey, the Lightning still want it so much more than the Panthers.

Comment

3e the thunder

Comment

What else can you say? These games keep following the template to a T. Proud of how consistent this team has gotten when it used to be one of their biggest issues. Just one more and we are back in the ECF again!

Comment

Brunette made the statement in his presser that his team did not want it as bad as the Bolts did. This could be their 2019 wake-up call, or not as the case may be…don’t see Brunette as their coach next year, but maybe Trotz…which could be bad for us.

Comment

Something is rotten in Sunrise. (In the locker room). When Hornquist is the main guy barking from the bench, you’ve got leadership issues. Compare that to Matthews’ performance as he played determined, and physical, games against the Bolts. Barkov and Huberdeau have been weaker than circus lemonade.

Comment

Working...
                              X