Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puckhead
    replied
    I did get on Discord a few years ago after Patreon, and the non-hockey stuff was oppressive IMO..I even asked Sotnos about it.. I think most of us lean a certain way, so I’m not sure the politics is keeping folks away. As Bolted notes, could just be Discord saps folks interest in commenting here. Not knowing who all is on Discord each game, it’s hard for me to comment.

Leave a comment:

• the_narrow_way
    replied
    The political wars killed a lot of the traffic.

Leave a comment:

• Bolthed
    replied
    Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post

Unfortunately, the only activity with BP anymore is on Discord and Pete's recaps.
    Sad but true. This site is headed for oblivion, I’m sorry to say. None of the founders post here at all. There’s just a handful of us left who post at all. Wish it weren’t the case, but several decisions and subtle changes have led to cobwebs and tumbleweed

Leave a comment:

• Puckhead
    replied
    Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post

Unfortunately, the only activity with BP anymore is on Discord and Pete's recaps.

I do think there is a bit of truth in that Lightning fans are a little more measured with how excited we get about the Cup runs, which is natural. We've been here before...twice...err three times
    I’m so old school. I find commenting while the play is going on very distracting. So be it.
    So fricking gutsy, gutsy gutsy. I said Paul was a keeper…in spades. Vasi is more money than all the Russian oligarchs.

Leave a comment:

• dmaxf9
    replied
    This site is aptly named as 10 of Lightning’s roster were drafted by Lightning unlike most teams in NHL.

Leave a comment:

• RSchmitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
    Why aren’t we breaking out the PAY WINDAH?! Where are all the good luck charms? Damn, I think a lot of fans have gotten to accustomed to winning in the postseason!

Im guilty too. I realized yesterday that my Lightning playoff yard sign has been sitting in my garage this whole time.

Maybe it’s just this team, but goin for 3 in a row feels different, harder

I do think there is a bit of truth in that Lightning fans are a little more measured with how excited we get about the Cup runs, which is natural. We've been here before...twice...err three times

Leave a comment:

• Hoek
    replied
    Why aren’t we breaking out the PAY WINDAH?! Where are all the good luck charms? Damn, I think a lot of fans have gotten to accustomed to winning in the postseason!

Im guilty too. I realized yesterday that my Lightning playoff yard sign has been sitting in my garage this whole time.

Since it was brought up, a bit late but...

Leave a comment:

• dmaxf9
    replied
    Clearly our fan expectations are unrealistic at times. Toronto had 54 wins and 115 points, led the NHL on PP and face off %, have several legit stars, and have a lot to say in the outcome of these games. Both teams have made mistakes and Lightning have allowed 3 or more goals in every game but are still in it. Personally, hard to imagine how resilient they are and how much success they have had. We can complain all we want BUT if they win Saturday nite they accomplished their mission for the first round.

Leave a comment:

• Hoek
    replied
    Somehow we are still alive. Hopefully the Leafs are melting down over that loss as much as their fans are. So much whining about officiating.

Dig deep guys, just need another good start and hang on this time!

Leave a comment:

• Pat664422
    replied
    It started with the game one 0-5 performance and has continued to show up as the series has gone along, as recently as the collapse in the last 5 min of period 2 last night. Along the lines of what Tex said, I could live with them getting outplayed - and Matthews and Marner are obviously great players - but us continually having the unforced errors in the o-zone, queueing up their next offensive rush with our terrible passes is just not playing smart from this team full of cup winning vets. This series would probably already be over if not for two consecutive high sticking penalties. I don't think we can count on that for game 7.

Leave a comment:

• Donnie D
    replied
    The Tampa Bay Lightning have won more playoff games in Toronto in the last two years than the Maple Leafs have in the entire cap era.

Leave a comment:

• TexasBolt
    replied
    I’m fine if they lose, I just don’t want to see them go out playing bad and/or stupid.

I was thinking when the last time they lost a series and it was because the other team was just better than them… I think it goes all the way back to the 2015 final against Chicago. This would not be that.

Leave a comment:

• Bolthed
    replied

Last edited by Bolthed; 05-13-2022, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Top Shelf
    replied
    Since he escaped the two-game suspension he deserved for charging Sergachev in Game 5, it was awfully sporting of Matthews to sit on his ass at center ice and take himself completely out of the play for the GWG in OT

Leave a comment:

• aapbolt
    replied
    Yeah Refs actually saved us, along with the Leafs miscues. Guys quit trying to pass all the time shoot the puck when you are in the O-zone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X