Lightning at Leafs - Game 5 - 5/10 7:30 PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning at Leafs - Game 5 - 5/10 7:30 PM ET

Now would be a good time to start a win streak!

You bet Hoek. Let’s hope they come out fast like the last game otherwise the leafs might be juiced up by their crowd and being at home

Comment

Time for our best defensive game. Keep those skates moving. Quick passes. Simple plays. Finish your checks, but don’t sell out for the hit. Structure, structure, structure them into impatience. Control the game even without scoring a bunch. Show them how patient a battle-tested Cup winner chokes out an opponent on the ropes.
      “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Yup. You hound 34 consistently… Marner always looks for him and he’s less effective if Mathews is being marked. Bolts have either 71 or 41 to keep an eye on him. Keefe has last change but I’m sure Coop will adjust.
        "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

Rutta remains in dog house.
          Bolts72

Comment

This ain’t happening. Too much like their pre-2020 playoff runs where they would go flat for most or all of a game and not seize their opportunities.

Comment

I'm not going to write them off, but it feels like for the bolts to win this series it will take some magic from Vasy, and I just don't think he has it this playoffs. I know he's one of the few starting goalies that still plays 60+ games a year, but I almost wonder if it would of been more of a benefit cutting his games lower this year with a playoff spot never really in doubt.

Comment

Just plain poor hockey.
                1. Two penalties for two many men on the ice.
                2. Vasilevskiy back in the paint on a shot from Nylander. Let’s be honest Vasilevskiy has had a poor play off and average season for him. He has been sliding out of his crease several times. He just looks off.
                3. 4th goal by Toronto was an example of what has plagued Lightning all year. McDonagh gets caught too far up ice AND on Cernak’s right side and that leads to 2 on 1 with Marner and Matthews, then Cernak lays down and covers no one.
                4. Stamkos penalty not acceptable.

Lightning lost to Columbus in 4 because they felt they could out score everyone. Then for 2 years they played tight D and closed everyone out. Now they resemble 2019 where no lead is safe.
                We will be in the stands Thursday!
                Bolts72

Comment

Tex nailed it with the flat play after the first and not finishing their opportunities. I also think this is just a different playoff team without last year's third line. They were never flat. Our 4th line is a good 4th and Paul, Colton and Hagel are a good third, but Coleman, Gourde and Goodrow were an elite third line that could change momentum in a period like that 2nd tonight.

Comment

The tight checking, structured, and disciplined team of the last two years does not take two too many men penalties. We’re also running into a goalie that simply is outplaying Vasy
                    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

That seemed like Keefe complained to the league, or it was one of those lame, obscure “points of emphasis” that referees suddenly make in postseason play, across every sport. (My favorite was the year the NCAA Tournament decided to crack down on players coming inside the three-point arc too soon during a free throw and actually swung a game with that call.) Too many men never, ever gets called when the puck is that far away from the bench area.
                      Last edited by TexasBolt; 05-10-2022, 10:50 PM.

Comment

They looked good, benefited from a bad call or two, and then the call from the League Office came in to the refs during the 1st Intermission telling them to even it up. Afterwards TB totally fed the beast with stupid plays and got what they deserved.

Comment

Five games into this series and Point has one goal, two points, and is a team worst -6. Very un-Point like, and no small part of why we're facing elimination. At the start of this series the announcers pointed out he could have been playoff MVP either of the last two years. He's usually one of the guys carrying the team.

Comment

I’m sure Point is playing hurt and it’s worse than we think.

Comment

Offense isn’t the issue. Lightning have given up 20 goals in 5 games and 3 in the games they won. Their team D and goaltending have not been good. Past 2 years they were money when they got the lead. Goaltenders are some times like closers in baseball…pressure gets to them and they have an off year. We as fans want the same effort and results we have come to expect but difficult to accomplish.
                              Bolts72

Comment

Working...
                              X