Lightning at Leafs - Game 1 - 5/2 7:30PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning at Leafs - Game 1 - 5/2 7:30PM ET

Let's go Bolts! Got to set the right tone early!

Anyone know if this game is on ESPN2 and Bally locally?
    “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
      Anyone know if this game is on ESPN2 and Bally locally?
      It is on Bally yes. If they blackout anything locally it would be ESPN2, though for what it's worth it's still on my Spectrum TV guide.

Comment

quadruple ouch
        "To Serve Man" It's a Cookbook!

Comment

Well that was painful to watch. Just thoroughly and completely outworked for 3 periods. The pp was dismal. Vasy was average.

​​​​​​Burn the tape and then burn it again just in case.

Comment

Kind of a classic series opener from us, but against a team with the offense to capitalize on the turnover fest. That was the worst game I've seen out if Kuch in a long time.

Comment

Sure glad that laid egg was not a home game. Whole team played poorly and absolutely no energy. Sometimes this team seems to think experience and PAST results without effort will get the win.
              Bolts72

Comment

I know it looks like the Bolts didn't put any effort forward, but I think the main problem is strategic. It's inexcusable that their defense worked against us all night, figure it out
                If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Looked like a beer league 5 minute PP. The shit rolled hard downhill from there.
                  "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

Throw it in the trash can, then burn the can. Maybe burn the house down just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
                      I know it looks like the Bolts didn't put any effort forward, but I think the main problem is strategic. It's inexcusable that their defense worked against us all night, figure it out
                      Like most games that go bad for us, we couldn't get any entries right and it was mostly due to lack of urgency and stubbornness in trying the same thing again and again instead of dumping and chasing and putting actual work in. That was the main thing the Gourde line gave us. Coop just needs to go back to the usual lines with the new guys + colton as the third and tell them their job is to play that Gourde role. It's not rocket science and they should be able to do it, even Hagel.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoek View Post

Like most games that go bad for us, we couldn't get any entries right and it was mostly due to lack of urgency and stubbornness in trying the same thing again and again instead of dumping and chasing and putting actual work in. That was the main thing the Gourde line gave us. Coop just needs to go back to the usual lines with the new guys + colton as the third and tell them their job is to play that Gourde role. It's not rocket science and they should be able to do it, even Hagel.
                        Couldn't agree more. I was thinking last night that Colton was the only guy, well maybe include Cirelli also, that was actually working hard to create loose pucks/puck possession in the O zone. I thought he was Gourde-like and his energy stood out, . BTW, fortunate that Colton did not sustain more damage. That was a brutal hit from behind. Clifford deserves a game or two for that piece of shit.
                        Last edited by Puckhead; 05-03-2022, 12:31 PM.
                        "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

Lightning lost almost every puck battle. Lack of hustle, poor reads, bad passing, poor coverage were all on display. Kucherov’s immaturity again shows it’s ugly head and then Sergachev duplicates Kucherov after he made a good defensive play. Lightning were not smart.
                          Bolts72

Comment

It wouldn’t be anything new to look really bad the first game and then make the adjustments and roll the rest of the way. They’ve done this at least a half dozen times under Cooper.

Comment

Never looked that bad and lost by that much under Cooper before. Should be an eye opener.

Comment

Working...
                              X