Lightning at Sabres - 10/25 - 7 PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning at Sabres - 10/25 - 7 PM ET

Sabres are on a two game losing streak after starting off 3-0. Let's give them a continued reality check! And stay out of the penalty box.

We might be playing against former BoltProspect Dustin Tokarski so that'll be interesting as well.
    Last edited by Hoek; 10-25-2021, 10:44 AM.

Former Bolts pick Connor Ingram backstopped the Preds for his first NHL win last night too. Another pick by the Lightning in another ridiculous draft class. He went 3rd round.

F Brett Howden was the late first round pick. D Libor Hajek was the high second rounder — both went to NYR for McDonogh.

Then we took Katchouk and Raddysh in the second round before Ingram in the third. Fourth round? How about Ross Colton, Mr. Stanley Cup game winner.

And don’t sleep on 7th rounders Otto Somppi and former collegian Ryan Lohin, both in Syracuse.

Man, what a draft history.
    “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Last edited by Hoek; 10-25-2021, 12:19 PM.

Comment

We just need Sergachev to beat up McCabe again and it'll turn around our season just like it did last time

Comment

Unfortunately McCabe now with Chicago.
          Bolts72

Comment

We just need Sergachev to play responsibly!
            Bolts72

Comment

What’s the NHL record for empty net goals against and have the Lightning broken it yet?

Comment

I'm not surprised by the slow start. I am surprised at how bad to mediocre they look in every facet of the game. This team cannot outscore their mistakes like they have in the past.

I would maybe consider throwing Katchouk and/or Raddysh up on a scoring line for a couple games because those two have played decent the last couple games.

Comment

They were doing alright until Sergachev decided to ruin everything with that horrid turnover before the end of the 2nd period. Yeah you wanna score goals but once again they have to relearn the lesson that it's better to be the conservative team that waits for the other team to make the mistake.

Comment

Goaltending thus far has been subpar and PP has no clue. Effort and compete good. Not in favor of pulling goalie with over 6 minutes left. Stamkos and Point were both -4.
                    Bolts72

Comment

I actually liked a lot of what I saw tonight up until the third Buffalo goal. Team is nowhere near as entertaining as it has been in the past though, lack of forecheck and speed in the neutral zone has been very apparent. Point is the only guy who consistently can carry the puck and create a rush, and while I like all of the traffic we are getting I feel like we could really benefit by opening things up more and being aggressive on the puck carrier.
                      If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

It’s just an adjusting period mandated by ye olde hockey gods. The dam will break soon and it’ll be off to the races. Seriously, Buffalo’s 40-year-old goalie stole several juicy chances, Killorn blew two empty bets, Pebbles fanned on a wide-open one-timer and the Sabres’ cast of nobodies potted a couple of key shots instead of tossing them into the breadbasket like horrible teams normally do.

The only thing that wasn’t hilariously unusual about this rather boring game of “Watch the Bolts maddeningly not be able to score” was the whole “Watch how horrible every backup goalie looks in a Lightning uniform” trope that we’ve seen since the dawn of time.

Yawn. Wake me when we take our first lead of the season. Then I’ll know reality is back in motion and we’re no longer inside a Rick & Morty-esque hockey simulation of a back-to-back Cup winner predictably struggling out of the gates.

Comment

We need to crash the net more and get those rebounds. I want to know what they injected into Anderson to play that well? Plus don’t make those slow passes and if the guy is not open then don’t pass the bloody puck try just moving forward with the dang thing.

Comment

And if you’re in the slot or even near the dots, shooooooot!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X