Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning vs. Blue Jackets, 4/25 7 PM ET

GO BOLTS!

This one's on NBCSN. Last time we play this boring team this season.

I'll be sleeping at the game rather than at home.
    “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie D View Post
      Well done. Golf clap.
      Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie D View Post
        Hmmm doubt you were snoozing at that one. Edge of seat I'm thinking, with a "happy ending". Pay winder!
        "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

We’re still struggling to score, although that’s understandable and not a huge concern in the real season. Also not concerned with Hedman’s frequent brainfarts lately. Savard doesn’t look good, but we all thought the same of Coleman after the trade and before the pause last year. Should be fine. Like the pairing with McD, but still want to see how he’d fit with Sergachev.

I guess what concerns me is all the eggs in the basket of flipping the switch when Kucherov and Stamkos return. Won’t be easy to face two younger, hungry teams in the postseason. But hey, I like our eggs and they’re proven performers, so we’ve got good reason to believe in this year’s basket.

Still not overly impressed with ABB. He’s got talent, sure, but I still don’t see an NHL shot. His goal tonight gets stopped by a non-gimpy goalie more often than not, because he didn’t rip a one-timer (he hasn’t connected on a single one-timer with any velocity that I can recall). More like he placed his schneid-breaking goal right where a goalie crossing the crease would body it or take it off the mask. I suppose it’s possible he’s squeezing the stick during this audition. I certainly didn’t watch much of him beyond some highlights in the AHL, so maybe there’s hope. Maybe he just needed that first goal, first point and now he can relax a little. But, as I and others have noted, if he doesn’t improve his staking or at least his quickness next season then I don’t see how he really sticks. He’s just too slow for his size, doesn’t win 50-50 pucks, doesn’t really seem to understand the max effort needed at this level. I hope he just needs some experience in order to adapt. I hope my initial impression will be dredged up next year for some hearty ribbing. The kid can pass, but that won’t be enough unless he’s on a line with Point and Stamkos, but at this moment that just sounds like an awful combo.
          “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Working...
          X