Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightning vs. Panthers, 4/15 7 PM ET

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    So this was tampa after being completely embarrassed? We have some real problems.

    Comment


    • #17
      I can't help thinking the team might score more with Stamkos and/or Kucherov in the lineup

      Comment


      • #18
        Does Stamkos having a NMC preclude him from being exposed in the expansion draft?
        I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

        Who knew?

        Comment


        • #19
          I think he would have to waive it for us to expose him? That would be what would make sense, anyway.

          Vasilievskiy for Hart Trophy, imo.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Flycoon View Post
            Does Stamkos having a NMC preclude him from being exposed in the expansion draft?
            Yes
            If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

            Comment


            • #21
              No Movement Clauses


              Players with a “No Movement” clause that is currently in effect, and continues to be in effect at the time of the Expansion Draft, must be protected by their respective team, unless such players choose to waive their NMC, at which point the team is free to expose them.
              https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft-faq

              CapFriendly also has a tool that lets you choose whom to protect on each roster. Click on the Bolts logo and you’ll see Stammer, Kucherov and Hedman are automatically protected because of their NMCs.

              I seriously doubt JBB asks any of them to waive it in order to protect Mathieu Joseph or Cal Foote.
              “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

              Comment


              • #22
                Really wonder if Stamkos has another core injury. With Stamkos on LTIR wonder if Kucherov comes back earlier if he is ready.
                Bolts72

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by dmaxf9 View Post
                  Really wonder if Stamkos has another core injury. With Stamkos on LTIR wonder if Kucherov comes back earlier if he is ready.
                  Key term there is “when ready”. I don’t think coop will hold him back when he is good to go, playoffs looming, imminent, or whatever.

                  "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Thank goodness Hedman got the GWG because he had a rough nite.
                    Bolts72

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Maybe by putting him on LTIR we can bring them both back for a couple of warm-ups before the playoffs. Don’t we finish the regular season with Florida? Holy shitstench, wouldn’t it be amazing if JBB gamed the system and we win the division because of those two games? Traditional hockey media/fans would lose their collective shit!
                      “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I don't think LTIR works that way. You don't accumulate cap space on a prorated basis by using it if I understand it correctly, it just lets you go over the cap while they're out, so when you take Stamkos and/or Kucherov off, they just immediately take up that space again. Even taking Kuch off alone could put us over the cap, since he's a bigger hit than Stamkos.
                        Last edited by Hoek; 04-16-2021, 09:24 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          You could fit Kucherov on the active roster if you send Colton and ABB to the taxi squad, but that would only happen if you know that Stamkos won't return during the regular season. I don't think it really matters because I doubt Kucherov plays during the regular season.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
                            You could fit Kucherov on the active roster if you send Colton and ABB to the taxi squad, but that would only happen if you know that Stamkos won't return during the regular season. I don't think it really matters because I doubt Kucherov plays during the regular season.
                            Kucherov is far more likely to miss games in the first round than he is play in the regular season. Stamkos going on LTIR will not allow Kucherov to play. It will allow you to play Foote or anyone else on the taxi squad without going over the cap giving you a bit of flexibility in the event someone else is injured.

                            I don't think that Colton is going to be exposed to waivers just to let Kucherov play a few meaningless games.
                            “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Donnie D View Post

                              Kucherov is far more likely to miss games in the first round than he is play in the regular season. Stamkos going on LTIR will not allow Kucherov to play. It will allow you to play Foote or anyone else on the taxi squad without going over the cap giving you a bit of flexibility in the event someone else is injured.

                              I don't think that Colton is going to be exposed to waivers just to let Kucherov play a few meaningless games.
                              Colton is waiver exempt for the rest of this season.
                              If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                The team has clarified that Stamkos' injury is not related to his previous core issues, and they are hopeful he'll be able to return to play when his LTIR expires.

                                I almost believe them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X