Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning at Blue Jackets, 4/6 7 PM ET

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!

Sure would be nice if our scoring liners would light up the scoreboard today.

It'd be nice if we would change the lines to try and make that happen.

Comment

I hate the 91/71/17 line at present, but it's hard to "like" any of the lines other than the 4th line because they've all fallen asleep as far as scoring.

Good first period other than the score really.

Comment

The lack of swagger in the Lightning atm is distressing. They look disinterested for the most part. Fourth Line and Joseph in particular are standing out as hustling and fast.

Comment

If it were up to me, Johnson would be on waivers and sent to the taxi squad tomorrow. The defensive effort that he has shown in some of these games recently is inexcusable for a veteran player. Killorn isn't much better with the constant stupid penalties.

If Rutta is going to be out a while, maybe it's time to put him on LTIR to clear some cap space. I would love to see Gemel Smith get a game or two, and even Daniel Walcott who just got called up to the taxi squad. Neither of them may help our lack of scoring right now, but they will definitely give the effort that is lacking from some of these guys right now.

Comment

That first goal was just inexcusable. The stare hedman gave him was crazy. But what was even more baffling was how colton had 6 minutes of ice time after 2 periods while TJ still had 11 minutes. He should be waived after that game. I fully expect to see him playing the top line with 2nd pp time again Thursday.

I will add that first goal I still don't put completely on him. I get why hedman expected tj to actually cover his man and do what he is supposed to, but hedman was also watching nobody so I'm still not convinced he shouldn't have been doubling up on the one guy that was coming into the zone. Basically why expect tj to take that guy all on his own when there was nobody else to worry about. (Especially with how lazy tj has been coming back, especially recently)?
            Last edited by BurnTHalO; 04-07-2021, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Doesn't feel like Cooper is trying enough to shake things up besides pulling the goalie way too early.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
                If Rutta is going to be out a while, maybe it's time to put him on LTIR to clear some cap space.
                He is on LTIR. That’s how they got the cap space for Thomas.
                “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTHalO View Post
                  That first goal was just inexcusable. The stare hedman gave him was crazy. But what was even more baffling was how colton had 6 minutes of ice time after 2 periods while TJ still had 11 minutes. He should be waived after that game. I fully expect to see him playing the top line with 2nd pp time again Thursday.

I will add that first goal I still don't put completely on him. I get why hedman expected tj to actually cover his man and do what he is supposed to, but hedman was also watching nobody so I'm still not convinced he shouldn't have been doubling up on the one guy that was coming into the zone. Basically why expect tj to take that guy all on his own when there was nobody else to worry about. (Especially with how lazy tj has been coming back, especially recently)?
                  These guys all have assignments that aren't super obvious, the system doesn't work if the players veer outside of that structure to help each other out if it's not part of the plan, they have to trust each other. Considering the stare down that you pointed out, it is pretty clear to me that Hedman knew in his mind that TJ was fully to blame as I've never seen that from Hedman. I think we are just about to the point that you have to start taking drastic measures with TJ. I have no idea the social dynamics of the locker room but it can't be good
                  If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie D View Post

He is on LTIR. That’s how they got the cap space for Thomas.
                    Rutta is just on normal IR meaning he's still counting against the cap. That's why Schenn has been playing under emergency exemption with his cap hit not counting.

Comment

Working...
                    X