Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning at Hurricanes, 2/20 7 PM ET

GO BOLTS!

Glad they were able to rearrange the schedule a bit for this. Starting to think we'll never play Dallas. That's okay though because Carolina are a strong opponent to try to bounce back against.

We need a solid first period for sure. No Foote again I see. Oh well, the powers of observation I guess.

Comment

Probably won't happen, but Cooper should send a message and bench a couple of our veteran players that have been playing like crap the last few games starting with Killorn. Let's see what ABB and Colton can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
        Probably won't happen, but Cooper should send a message and bench a couple of our veteran players that have been playing like crap the last few games starting with Killorn. Let's see what ABB and Colton can do.
        And not on the 4th line at 6 minutes. We are 1-3-1 against the top teams in our division. Something has to change.

Also, good luck with killorn, he's our top TOI among forwards.

Comment

Looks like someone in the lockeroom got out the file and has gone to work on Killorn’s blades. He’s back to spending a lot of time sitting on his keister.

"Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one...
            Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

Still can't figure out why Killorn wasn't dealt this offseason, could sure up a lot of areas with his salary
              If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
                Still can't figure out why Killorn wasn't dealt this offseason, could sure up a lot of areas with his salary
                Someone would have to be willing to take on said salary

Comment

You may be right. We saw a number of UFAs sign for less money and,more significantly, less term than what isremaining on Killorn’s contract. Being able to take another year of both his and TJs contracts should make them easier to move or buy out.
                  Last edited by Donnie D; 02-21-2021, 10:42 PM.
                  “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBolt View Post

Someone would have to be willing to take on said salary
                    I don't think that's an issue at all. $4.7 mil for 3 years for a guy coming off 27 goals? Guy is a solid player, but he's a middle 6, not top 6.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTHalO View Post
                      I don't think that's an issue at all. $4.7 mil for 3 years for a guy coming off 27 goals? Guy is a solid player, but he's a middle 6, not top 6.
                      That goal tally last year was way off his career averages and the contract is a tough one during COVID when the salary cap is flat at best. The contract would be a bit less painful if the cap was still going up. Right now I think that price tag would be too high unless you’re scrambling to get to the floor.

Comment

That goal tally last year was way off his career averages and the contract is a tough one during COVID when the salary cap is flat at best. The contract would be a bit less painful if the cap was still going up. Right now I think that price tag would be too high unless you’re scrambling to get to the floor.
                        All good points but at 4.45 it's difficult to imagine he doesn't have break even value.
                        If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Even still, a 40 point a season guy that can play from 1-3 lines in your lineup that is a decent PK guy and known as a great locker room guy? $4.45 is not going to keep teams away that have some cap space. I mean, just for reference, the hits right around him are Christian Dvorak, Brandon Sutter, Gusev, Kadri, Chris Tanev, Ryan Strome, and Ghost.

Comment

Working...
                          X