X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Opener

So the journey begins again

Don't forget to hop in discord everyone
    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
      Don't forget to hop in discord everyone
      I would like like to but never received an invite/code .
      I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by Flycoon View Post

I would like like to but never received an invite/code .
        Working on getting you that invite
        If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Lightning looked really good. Foote being the only “new” player is going to pay off early on. They shouldn’t have as many timing/chemistry issues as other teams will.

ps My God the Hawks were awful. They’re lucky that wasn’t a cricket score.

Comment

I know Cooper will end up putting Johnson back with Killorn and Cirelli on Friday, but that line looked so good tonight with Joseph as the other winger. Point and Stamkos already have some nice chemistry together and Vasy looked to be in mid-season form. Only real negatives were Foote and Rutta. Foote looked a bit lost out there at times and seemed a step slow.

Comment

Foote kind of reminded me of Sustr tonight, so he can only go up from here

Comment

It's almost criminal that the Lightning get to spend 16 games combined playing against Chicago and Detroit this season.

Comment

Foote definitely looked lost. I hope they leave him in and let Schenn and Borgman chill for a while. No real benefits to using those guys at this time and Cal needs to get the time to progress. He does look slow, but indecision is part of that I'm sure.

Joseph is winning me over a bit and he looked decisive and aggressive....and quick.

Volkov looked big and he played a bit heavier. He looks like he could be getting more comfortable.

TJ should watch for a few games IMO or at least Friday. Let Jo and Volkov play a little and then when TJ does play, he will have even more incentive to bust it. If he flames early, his value will be even less...

Comment

Blackhawks look awful. A cautionary tale for our future if we don't handle the cap well.

Joseph deserves to stay for a bit. Maybe sit someone else for TJ.

Hedman should be mentoring Foote instead of trying to make Rutta look good.

Comment

Nice having a 2 game tune up with Chicago to start season and with Dallas series most likely missed, good time to continue training camp.

Foote needs to play and get gradually progressed in his playing time. He certainly has a ways to go.

Question, Can Foote be sent down if need be???

Comment

Originally posted by Kizman View Post
                        Nice having a 2 game tune up with Chicago to start season and with Dallas series most likely missed, good time to continue training camp.

Foote needs to play and get gradually progressed in his playing time. He certainly has a ways to go.

Question, Can Foote be sent down if need be???
                        I'm sure he can, he's still on his ELC

Comment

Originally posted by Hoek View Post
                          Blackhawks look awful. A cautionary tale for our future if we don't handle the cap well.

Joseph deserves to stay for a bit. Maybe sit someone else for TJ.

Hedman should be mentoring Foote instead of trying to make Rutta look good.
                          I think they'll sit Stephens or Volkov, Joseph exceeded my expectations last night.

I'm mixed on the Foote pairing, I can see pros and cons for him being with all three of our lefties. My biggest question is if he's an NHL player, not going to lie I was shocked at how rigid and slow his first step was. I'm hoping it's because his anticipation/experience/nerves weren't great. There were a terrifying number of plays where if he wasn't already skating backwards, he lost the edge/angle on the puck and needed to be bailed out.

Comment

That's the best I've seen the Cirelli-Killorn paring with Joseph. I hope they don't put Johnson back in his place. Cooper said Joseph was looking good in the mini camp, so I would think they'll give him more time on that line. Stephens looked good too, so I'm guessing Volkov or Maroon will sit for Johnson. I don't know what we gain in the regular season by playing Johnson instead one of the young guys.

Comment

Cooper could elect to sit Volkov, move Goodrow down to the 4th and slide TJ onto the third line. But then that line would be rather shrimpy. Still, it might work since TJ has to show that he can grind AND chip in offense, and Goodrow sometimes trails the play. Man, Coleman is a solid player. Wish we could keep him, but it’s gonna take some gymnastics. Joseph was a bright spot and I’m reminded of how he put up a ton of offense his last year of junior and then scored points at a nice clip in the AHL. It’s been an up and down road in the big show so far, but the kid works, he’s got good wheels and size and some skill. It’s mostly between his ears, so hopefully the time away from the NHL helped him realize how much more assertive he must be in order to not succumb to a nameless, faceless lower-line plugger role. Developing him into a second-liner or even a middle-6er who contributes would be such a huge bonus.
                              “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Working...
                              X