Around the NHL Postseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the NHL Postseason 2022

"Battle of Alberta" has been fun to watch. Having said that, Edmonton is an easy matchup if your team has the ability to shutdown a big line, which tonight Calgary just can't seem to do.
    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Remember, the lightning have 3 more cups than the entire country of Canada in the last 25+ years. That shuts down a lot of 'hockey doesn't belong in Florida' bullshit.
    "To Serve Man" It's a Cookbook!

Comment

What's up with all the goals in Denver?
      "To Serve Man" It's a Cookbook!

Comment

Oilers gave up 9 in the first game last series and then won out. Thrilling game, and also no way either team lifts the Cup playing like this.

Comment

No D and no goaltending.
          Bolts72

Comment

At a certain point goals have no emotional value to me as a neutral fan when they come that cheaply
            If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

When I have no rooting interest I always want the funniest/most entertaining outcome, so wild shootouts like that are my jam. Long may they continue.

Comment

I'm thinking if Kuemper is out for any number of games, scale flips to Oilers...(although Smith was not exactly stellar last night)
                "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

St. Louis signs 3 year deal to coach Montreal.
                  Bolts72

Comment

Good for Louie. Not sure the style they played after he was named coach is sustainable over 82 games, but hopefully he learned a few things about failure to adapt after playing for Guy Boucher.
                    “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

No offense to St.Louis, but I'm glad we have a coach who's worked his way through the minor leagues.

Comment

Agreed. Marty’s resume is thin. Les Habitants seemingly have no choice but to do silly things when it comes to bringing French Canadians into their organization.

Comment

Montreal really has few building blocks and their rebuild will take longer than 3 years. Several of their players are overpaid as well.
                          Bolts72

Comment

They’ve got half their eggs in the “Carey Price is going to return” (and still be prime Carey Price) basket, and the other half in the “Shane Wright will be an immediate star” ( a la Matthews) basket.

If I were Marty I would have already looked around at the wasteland that is their organizational depth (thanks, Frenchy!) and only agreed to sign that contract to coach if ownership and management were onboard for at least one season of subtle tanking for another top-5 pick.

But we all know Québécois pride will not allow such a thing.

Comment

He probably shortened his own coaching career doing that. People will think he got the job because he’s from Quebec… it’s too big a rebuild and the team won’t have the necessary patience… and then afterwards it will be tough for him to get another HC job.

Comment

Working...
                              X