X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puckhead
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
    Taking full advantage of the whole “destination franchise” thing. JBB said their agents called him.
    Yup. And Perry said as much on PHT.. Here's a guy with a Cup ring and he wants another one. Gotta like the drive..

Leave a comment:

• Bolthed
    replied
    Taking full advantage of the whole “destination franchise” thing. JBB said their agents called him.

Leave a comment:

• Puckhead
    replied
    Back to Point's deal , it'll be, and is, crazy money being thrown at the likes of Werenski, Hamilton, Hughes, Jones, Dahlin etc etc. Which makes 21's contract all the more reasonable (some might say a steal) for the talent provided. And a little OT, but look at the value JBB is getting for $$ spent on Bogo, Perry and Bellemare..it borders on Jedi-like. I REALLY like those three additions.

Leave a comment:

• The Great Zo
    replied
    The 2021 NYI series was far and away the toughest series of all eight from the last two playoff runs.

The 2021 FLA series might rank somewhere in the middle, and that's only because Florida plays a sport that only somewhat resembles hockey, and the Bolts had to figure out how to adjust to the mind-screw.

I'll be worried about the Panthers when they can get through a playoff series without requiring three goaltenders.

Leave a comment:

• dannybolt
    replied
    Ah gotcha. I misread that as saying Florida was our toughest matchup in the tournament, not just the finals. But whatever, being a tougher out than Montreal, but not an actually tough out, isn't waking me up. Still dead asleep on that trash franchise.

Leave a comment:

• Bolthed
    replied
    Hes referring to the OP’s second post that said “They gave us a tougher first round matchup than what we had in the Final.”

You incorrectly took that to mean NYI when it seems he meant MTL. But do go on wit yo bad self …

Originally posted by dannybolt View Post

I'm gonna go ahead and be dead asleep on the Panthers. They haven't been legit in over two decades. I'll respect that trash franchise once they give me a reason to. Which they haven't. I think it's more likely that they wreck Knight than he solves their goaltending problems. Problems which they wouldn't have if their GM knew what he was doing.
    I’m in full agreement here, DB. Look at Philly and Carter Hart, although to be fair Florida should have a more competent team D. I just think it’s madness to coronate a greenhorn based on two good playoff appearances. That’s a classic mistake bad franchises make.

Leave a comment:

• dannybolt
    replied
    Originally posted by the_narrow_way View Post
    While I absolutely love your ire, the Final was played against MTL not NYI.
    Not sure what you are referring to. Our series against the Islanders was the only one in 2 years that went 7 games, which is what I meant by the distance.

Leave a comment:

• the_narrow_way
    replied
    Originally posted by dannybolt View Post
    And no, they didn't give us a tougher time than the Islanders. That's laughable. Not backed by anything other than #1 Bullshit. The Florida series was 1 goal away from being a sweep. The Islanders took us the distance, and was the only team in 2 years to do so.
    While I absolutely love your ire, the Final was played against MTL not NYI.

Leave a comment:

• TexasBolt
    replied
    Why did someone come charging into this thread to gas up the Panthers when no one had been talking about them before?

Leave a comment:

• Hoek
    replied
    The Panturds should make the playoffs again. They're good enough for that. I question whether their system and backend have enough to win a playoff series. They were quite fortunate to win Game 3 in OT against us. They drop that one and they're down 3-0 and we're probably not even talking about how they were a tough out right now. But anyway, playing that wide open, barn burning, cherry picking style against teams like the Canes and Isles most likely loses you those series as well.

Leave a comment:

• Iceman
    replied
    Ok bro, lol

Leave a comment:

• dannybolt
    replied
    It's almost as if a competent GM would have figured a way out of that shit contract.
    You can pump Zito and Florida's tires all you want, I'll be over here sleeping.

Oh, I forgot, their coach most likely ignored sexual abuse on his team when he was in Chicago. So fuck him too. Fuck that trash organization, it's clowns all the way down from Vinny "I swear I'm not a mobster" Viola. That trash organization deserves nothing but contempt, so that's all I'll give them.

And no, I don't have to respect what they are doing. Because they don't deserve respect.

You are gonna sweat Ekblad? Dude would be our 5th best defenseman if he was on our team. That's as crazy as telling me Mackenzie Weegar is a legit top pair defenseman (hint: in our org he would be. In Syracuse.)

Yes, we lost our 3rd line. Our D is better, we didn't touch our top 2 lines, our 4th is arguably better, and we have the best Goalie in the world by a country mile.

And no, they didn't give us a tougher time than the Islanders. That's laughable. Not backed by anything other than #1 Bullshit. The Florida series was 1 goal away from being a sweep. The Islanders took us the distance, and was the only team in 2 years to do so.

If you need me, I'll be over here snoring.
    Last edited by dannybolt; 07-30-2021, 11:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Iceman
    replied
    It was Tallon who signed Bob, not the current GM Zito. Look I would also like to see them stay trash forever but you have to respect what they are building. They gave us a tougher first round matchup than what we had in the Final. That was without Eckblad and also we now have lost some key guys.

Leave a comment:

• dannybolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Iceman View Post
    I wouldn't sleep on Florida, they have a GM now that knows what he is doing and they are going to be very good, very soon if Spencer Knight solves their goaltending problems.
    I'm gonna go ahead and be dead asleep on the Panthers. They haven't been legit in over two decades. I'll respect that trash franchise once they give me a reason to. Which they haven't. I think it's more likely that they wreck Knight than he solves their goaltending problems. Problems which they wouldn't have if their GM knew what he was doing.

Leave a comment:

• Iceman
    replied
    I wouldn't sleep on Florida, they have a GM now that knows what he is doing and they are going to be very good, very soon if Spencer Knight solves their goaltending problems.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X